Self employed courier
I have just started to act for a self employed courier. He is VAT registered but his turnover is below the statutorty registration limit. He rents a van on a week by week basis and claims this, and all other motor running costs, in his accounting records.
My question is whether he could claim mileage allowance against his profits rather than the actual expenses.
I am wondering whether a) being VAT registered or b) it is van not a car excludes him from claiming mileage ?
- Suitable software 282
- SAP Refresher Course 212
- SMP advanced funding 202
- HR / Payroll 192
- Expenses 169
- Resign from Job and Left UK 129
- IHT and settlor interested trust 125
- List of international shareholders 118
- Sample subcontract agreement 98
- LLP V's Normal Partnership 93
- Business Premises Renovation Allowances 91
- Group accounts template wanted 87
- Rental on termination of long term lease 73
- Dentists NHS 'Superannuation payments - checking 17
- Easy CIS question 7