Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 567 11
- Freehold management company 129 3
- The importance of Grammar 1,789 54
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 177 3
- 2 companies, one payroll 166 5
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 202 6
- System selection 224 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 83 1
- Director Liability 94 2
- Freelance/Employee 374 9
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 152 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 382 4
- exemptions from CIS 246 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 566 10
- Xero Pain Points 640 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 271 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 236 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,692 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 399 3
- How much do you pay for Xero? 310 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 354
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 333
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 315
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 230
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 226
- Company Structure 207
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 172
- IP trans to holding company 169