Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 229 19
- Why do I do this every year 305 8
- HMRC filing meltdown? 444 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 240 9
- IHT and US resident 31 1
- What sectors to target? 575 29
- closing limited company 114 1
- Limited Companies Merger 203 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 129 1
- Practice management 373 7
- IHT and cash gifts 240 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 508 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,577 42
- Capital allowances in first basis period 243 1
- eBay trading 228 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 257 10
- Self assesment online 934 10
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 1,133 46
- childcare 120 3
- Rent a room scheme query. 146 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 923
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 642
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 593
- Latest phishing scam 574
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 408
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 307
- Scratch Head 233
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 227
- Sabbatical payments 193
- Negligible Value Claim 168