Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,526 71
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,278 19
- HMRC Scam 232 2
- Departments in Sage 50 79 1
- Where has Portia gone? 669 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 204 2
- Rogue Accountant 2,814 45
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 318 4
- Capital Gains? 254 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 98 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 70 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 446 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 123 2
- AIA - new period 218 1
- Self assessment question 1,156 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 372 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 264 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 854 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 441 8
- Ex Wives Club 544 13
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 771
- RTI - duplicate employee record 505
- Pensions Regulator 438
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 394
- Sanzar 296
- Sage Vat return box 2 296
- Digital marketing focus group 275
- How do you do it 263
- Report old income 226
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 226