Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 576 5
- See you all on the other side 665 6
- 12Pay 426 2
- dividends 566 2
- R&D 301 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,156 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 430 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 387 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 355 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 531 5
- Seeking a tax case 624 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 484 4
- Companies house strike off 505 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 406 2
- Moving to the cloud 726 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 208 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 880 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 200 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,084 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 479 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 554
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 417
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 366
- IRIS and FRS 102 351
- Capitalising Finance Lease 318
- USA help 313
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 291
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 285
- Marginal rates of tax 262
- Capital gains on rental property 259