Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 21 1
- Does IR35 apply? 79 1
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 93 1
- any implications of this type of transaction 58 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,689 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 99 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 289 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,032 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 265 7
- Sage data 107 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 422 9
- Limited company buying a car 362 6
- Funding Circle experience 159 3
- Excel query 124 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,298 13
- Payment on account penalties 133 3
- Tax on free shares 148 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 209 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 129 1
- Audit 493 14
- CTA study material 805
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 498
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 461
- Employment related securities question 324
- AIM Stocks and IHT 312
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 283
- Expat pension contributions? 282
- Trust for Employee 257
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 234
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 161