Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- Employment support allowance and self employed 153 5
- Company struck-off 1,329 14
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 146 2
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 410 4
- Registered Office 166 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,493 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 320 5
- Partnership Registration 130 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 918 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 138 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 699 12
- Audit Required 1,190 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 322 9
- Residential Management Companies 104 2
- Value pricing 2,866 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 405 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 400 11
- Payroll software for Mac 128 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 131 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 221 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 948
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 662
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 410
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 335
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 265
- Paye procedures for CVA 254
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 252
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 203
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 195
- Pension Fixed Protection 190