Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,393 22
- Expenses Apps 253 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,670 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 525 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 862 23
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,990 39
- VAT & capitalising 141 3
- Final year's accounts 172 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 331 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 315 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 319 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 270 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 156 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,990 36
- Invoice Help 262 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 196 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 263 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 251 3
- Sorry ignore me 923 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 602 5
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 626
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 298
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 246
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 192
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 171
- What's the market like for temps? 168