Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- Getting hassle from client 51 2
- RTI - are HMRC picking any numbers? 312 3
- Is paying for hotel for employee to work at office taxable? 95 1
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 291 11
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 239 7
- Rowing Machine - allowable company asset? 104 2
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 190 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 131 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 192 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 106 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 215 2
- CIS Software 132 1
- Company assets 373 16
- MoneySoft 194 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 112 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 666 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 149 2
- Self assessment 158 1
- Claiming VAT 153 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,140 15
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 506
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 483
- Is there anything wrong with this? 282
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 269
- Uncommercial property business 249
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 206
- Registering online CWF1 187
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 184
- VAT - registration needed? 184
- Accrued income scheme 183