Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- Flat rate vat 279 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 228 6
- Rental property company 164 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 152 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 402 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 430 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 333 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,467 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,185 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 384 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 291 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 277 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 397 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 202 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 216 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 161 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 542 5
- Director's tax return 422 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 199 3
- Coming in from the cold 422 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 831
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 446
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 297
- Director Loan account operation 282
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 269
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 241
- Paye procedures for CVA 183