Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- TaxCalc Accounts production 122 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 368 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 209 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 402 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 77 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,362 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 389 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 577 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 189 2
- Old CGT loss 210 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 186 3
- Paper tax return 161 4
- Start up allowance? 385 12
- Will I need to resign? 210 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 250 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 466 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 646 9
- Late Registration for VAT 368 11