Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- capital gains on PPR 109 6
- 40% rule for travel expenses 311 9
- Cash injection by shareholder 232 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,605 431
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,225 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 314 6
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 257 8
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 404 20
- 100% Xero practice 2,386 43
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 341 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 284 8
- PRR 320 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 218 3
- corp tax software 382 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 456 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 483 7
- Which tax box 208 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 177 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 295 3
- References for clients 261 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,305
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 469
- National Insurance 363
- Non Resident 287
- Franchise income and costs 258
- Hands on experience of Digita 212
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 175
- Employer's Helpline 160
- employment capital allowances 154
- CIS paid under reg 9 146