Selling part of the Company
Currently a limited company has issued 1000 shares @ £1. All these shares are owned by one director. Now he is trying to bring in another partner in to the business. The partner may invest some money in to the business or forego his salary for the next few years ( undecided yet - tax savings will play a part here).
So, if the current director wants to give up 50% ownership to the new investor , what would be the best structure?
1. Can they open up a holding company and both can have 50/50 ownership in the holding company and the holding company can have 100% shares in the existing company? In this case when the current director transfer all his shares to the holding company, what are the tax implications?
2. Is it simple to issue another 1000 shares to the new investor? Any tax implications?
3. When new shares are issued in the existing company, what value it should be issued at? Par value? or a valuation should be carried out ( partners may not be interestd what value it is offerred) - for Revenue/Tax purposes? What are the tax implications including stamp duty etc?
4. if the shares are trasferred to the holding company, will there be any stamp duty or taxes?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
- AIA/Capital Allowances 375 12
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 780 23
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 140 5
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 234 2
- Payment on account reminders 147 2
- Stand alone practice management software 1,761 26
- Allocation of income from property 671 23
- RTI and Advances to Employees 399 10
- CTA 267 3
- Anybody got through to VAT today? 56 1
- Time values in Excel 161 3
- No more tax returns... 1,408 12
- bookkeeping system 569 8
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 182 3
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 236 6
- International VAT 137 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 664 9
- Insurance payout 155 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 541 11
- RTI / P11d 195 2