Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- Cocaine anyone? 274 5
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 16 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 64 3
- How much of your work is admin? 1,148 10
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,485 22
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 853 26
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 290 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 481 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 263 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 342 11
- Tax return software for remote working 490 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 575 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 464 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 455 9
- How to purchase business premises? 189 2
- Will I need to resign? 849 10
- Childcare vouchers 201 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 281 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 303 6
- VAT avoidance? 250 4
- Hive up 477
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 440
- corporate hierarchy 418
- Advice - 251
- Amortisation of Goodwill 225
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 213
- WWOOFers 206
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 188
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 183