Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 256 8
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 183 1
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 218 6
- 2 companies, one payroll 261 9
- Company Structure 228 1
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 327 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 654 14
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 327 4
- The importance of Grammar 1,936 56
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 541 11
- Freelance/Employee 437 10
- Freehold management company 161 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 228 6
- System selection 248 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 165 1
- Director Liability 162 2
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 402 4
- exemptions from CIS 279 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 601 10
- Xero Pain Points 666 20
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 395
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 359
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 341
- Electric Car 271
- S222 Charge 233
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 233
- IP trans to holding company 171
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 159
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 156
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153