Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,200 23
- VAT on new build property 193 3
- HMRC - Online services - Anyone else having problems ? 136 2
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,231 23
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 360 5
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 120 1
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 496 15
- Insurance provider not VAT registered so Out of Scope ? 280 9
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 151 1
- . 257 4
- 31st october deadline 266 5
- Ltd Co / Summer House 219 1
- Client right to working papers 1,699 16
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,446 7
- wills 293 3
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 268 5
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 285 5
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,160 18
- HMRC Online Services Problems 509 12
- Moneysoft Payroll 462 12
- NHS finance professionals 688
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 418
- Foreign Pension Contribution 387
- vat gross profit percentage margins 376
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 375
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 365
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 319
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 294
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 257
- IFA income recognition & reporting 217