Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- Cash basis 482 13
- Income from rent charged to business 62 2
- payroll software 352 3
- Instant CPD offer 257 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 422 5
- Statutory sick pay 285 4
- Dividend in specie 356 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 209 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 169 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 139 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 265 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 291 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 158 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 355 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,850 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 327 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 243 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 98 1
- Investor exit 194 3
- Partially exempt? 379 10
- Skandia using wrong address 565
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 305
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 302
- Employee rewards 286
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 243
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 223
- Etax Australian 184
- LLP in Construction Industry 149
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 129
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 129