Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- Giving a seminar 633 34
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 317 3
- Sole trader - bank statements 305 14
- Boffin of the Year 144 6
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 445 9
- PAYE versus Dividends 108 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 431 9
- equipment rental 64 1
- Flat Rate Scheme 366 16
- Non sequitur 156 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,190 63
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 571 11
- Employer pension contribution as part of redundancy package 123 3
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 262 9
- Am i Liable? 789 19
- Joint Filing Help 164 3
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 243 8
- audit for 50% associate? 88 2
- Contingent Asset Disclosure 105 5
- Write off of former director's loan 813 12
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,279
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 629
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 416
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 325
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 242
- Alphabet shares 214
- Agent fees to sell business 205
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 200
- Office recharges 161
- Tax position on lease extension 156