Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 204 7
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 413 15
- Dress code 68 3
- directors control and tax problems 127 4
- Bulk Invoicing 164 6
- What would you do in this situation? 515 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 139 3
- Help Required 292 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 230 2
- What's in a name ? 263 4
- ATED Penalties 268 1
- late second payment on account 163 2
- US royalties 91 2
- Project being run jointly 134 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 180 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 200 3
- Sole trader mix up 299 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 751 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 903 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 212 4
- CTA study material 701
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 424
- Employment related securities question 266
- AIM Stocks and IHT 245
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 198
- Trust for Employee 186
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 169
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 157
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 120