Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 187 6
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 808 23
- Umbrella or limited company? 24 1
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 232 4
- Industrial and Provident Society Accounts Format 53 1
- Excel query 210 6
- Payment on account penalties 195 5
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 379 16
- New supplier 204 4
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 347 6
- Buying a horse?? 470 14
- Year End Bank Position 53 1
- Accounting software integration with self assessment 94 2
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 288 8
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 122 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,083 15
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 186 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 74 1
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,376 14
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 580 9
- CTA study material 812
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 501
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 469
- Employment related securities question 328
- AIM Stocks and IHT 314
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 244
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162