Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- GP - Do I have to provide tax advice 72 2
- Group Audits 103 1
- VAT Invoice 274 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 135 1
- Cash in Hand 233 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 223 5
- are receipts needed? 652 17
- SA302's anyone?? 640 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 349 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 180 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 368 12
- Busines software 220 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 228 6
- Converting a barn for business use 196 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 329 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 339 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 507 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 364 3
- Bookkeping software 749 7
- Clogged Losses 297 5
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 913
- International interest certificate 527
- NOVA 376
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 341
- Management expenses for investment company 280
- Bonus Bonds 279
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 189
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 178
- EXACT ONLINE 174
- P11D benefit received by widow 171