Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- Deleted question? 719 19
- Accounts Question 82 4
- What are options for non CA firm 3,161 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,927 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 690 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,385 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,914 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 641 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 429 4
- VAT Return Errors 165 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 114 5
- inflation rate year on year 140 3
- Yorkshire Day 593 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 180 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 178 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 378 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 144 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 290 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 236 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 150 1
- Cancelled 468
- Cancelled 385
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 375
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 260
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 236
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 229
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 161
- Employee Benefit Trust 151