Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 287 17
- Free invoicing software 63 1
- New business - journal entries 188 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 522 15
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 228 7
- Why should I retain membership? 2,534 43
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 149 2
- Capitalised professional fees - with no corresponding asset 393 4
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 655 17
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 324 4
- Trade name 47 1
- Resident Landlord Expenses 174 6
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 109 3
- Employee shareholder contracts 101 1
- Lettings expenses 102 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 356 12
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 327 11
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 296 9
- PAYE 459 12
- Using CT600.pdf if all the directors are different 95 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 729
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 699
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 374
- Social investment tax relief 194
- Digita Hosted Software 187
- Call Centre Data Costs 184
- option to tax 167
- VAT on deposits 160
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 147
- Travel costs and contractors 137