Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 229 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,436 386
- P11D Query 177 5
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 167 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 153 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 106 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,262 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 539 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 267 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,285 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 134 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 181 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 112 1
- Scottish but not UK 331 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 294 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 265 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 113 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,327 25
- Company Accounts 447 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 114 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 432
- National Insurance 332
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 330
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 248
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 153