Shared Stock Software Development
I wonder if you might be of help regarding a project that we are currently in development of at our company. Let me explain our problem and the solution we've had so far, and why I'd love some input please.
We have 6 companies that all work from the same location. It's shared by the format of the Directors/Partnerships but they operate individually from an administration level. However, one thing in common is that we ALL share the same stock from our 8 warehouses.
For years, we've been using Sage to manage our accounts and sales, however our business is a unique one (as far as we know) from the point that we are sharing stock, and surprise surprise - Sage does not allow a central stock database between several companies.
We've looked around at a few logistics trade shows on stock management, but so far haven't found any companies that can offer software that will handle this. Obviously we also need to keep track of sales that are actioned between the group, so that the owner of the product can issue an "inter-company" invoice.
So we've decided to take the bull by the horns and write some software internally ourselves and its currently in development.
My 3 questions to the lovely accountants are these:-
1) Have you ever come across any software packages that can handle multiple companies (each with their own set of nominal ledger sets and accounts) and yet share the same stock database?
2) Can you forsee any issues that we might have to address while writing this software
3) And cheekily, after we've finished it, would it be the kind of software you feel we might be able to offer the market place? Is there a demand for this kind of software in your experience?
I appreciate that you are all very busy people, so am not expecting you to answer in great lengths, but any indication would be helpful, and in advance I thank you for your time thus far.
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 110 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 187 5
- recompense capital input 53 1
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 948 22
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 158 3
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 554 14
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 124 3
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 370 9
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 224 5
- Merging my businesses 207 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 569 19
- Where has Portia gone? 2,014 66
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 462 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 344 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 328 1
- Holiday entitlement 583 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 324 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 153 1
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 233 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 210 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 791
- RTI - duplicate employee record 558
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Sanzar 313
- Portia ... Where art thou 313
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 295
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 271
- new investor structure 178