I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 601 19
- Loss Relief 173 3
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 22 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 253 3
- Professional Clearance 405 14
- Property Expenses - Allowable 291 4
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,258 35
- SA302's anyone?? 181 6
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,121 13
- do i pay vat when buying a business 360 21
- VAT errors 120 3
- Introduction of Goodwill 810 15
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 176 5
- VAT & Landlords 258 7
- are receipts needed? 437 13
- Capital reduction 201 1
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 306 1
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 148 4
- CIC accounts submission 177 4
- Zero Rated Catering delivery charges 140 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,597
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 887
- International interest certificate 496
- NOVA 355
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 264
- Bonus Bonds 247
- Management expenses for investment company 247
- Help with tax codes on Sage 190
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 154
- Clogged Losses 152