I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 136 4
- Trade name 131 3
- CT/CIS offset 67 1
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 112 1
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 98 1
- New business - journal entries 285 20
- B2B vat in the EU 95 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 304 18
- Why should I retain membership? 2,625 45
- VAT on deposits 195 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 118 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 379 12
- option to tax 196 1
- Share of profits from building society 76 1
- sage vat journal 77 1
- Coding Notice 100 1
- Free invoicing software 137 2
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 552 15
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 251 7
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 166 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 763
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 702
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 380
- Social investment tax relief 200
- Digita Hosted Software 192
- Call Centre Data Costs 189
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 153
- Travel costs and contractors 143
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 132
- Certificates of tax deposit 128