I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Going to miss CT filing deadline 52 2
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 346 4
- Annual director payments for a small limited company 248 6
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 96 1
- Categories on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 269 4
- Relevant life plan 232 6
- Flat Rate VAT - reclaiming VAT on Capital Purchase (bought on lease hire) 150 4
- The return 947 28
- Directors loan - no longer a director 122 1
- Why .... 550 6
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 524 10
- Any advice on large 55 inch + computer monitor 155 1
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 388 6
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 467 10
- Limited Company expenses 294 7
- Formating cells in Excel 278 6
- UK taxation of income from property in Cyprus 195 4
- Advice needed for Annual Accounting Period - companies house 302 8
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 615 17
- Freehold Property Depreciation 360 15
- Possible Partnership? 578
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 494
- New Fangled Penalties 386
- Clubs and Taxable Income 312
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 286
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 235
- Loans to other companies 234
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 200
- Outsource Data Entry 192
- Moving away from CCH software 179