I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Software recommendations 221 1
- Share transfer question 344 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 277 7
- The stupidity continues 316 10
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 141 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,374 19
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 114 1
- Overlap relief 745 19
- What is IRIS World like? 342 8
- Pension contributions 357 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 127 4
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 471 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 455 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 254 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 201 1
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 555 10
- New Employers Helpline 157 3
- Budget 2015 - take two 223 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 210 4
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 433
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 428
- WIP Software 292
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 286
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 224
- No payroll scheme in place 223
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 204
- Is there anything wrong with this? 195
- Small Part Disposal of Property 176
- Uncommercial property business 173