I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Altered PAYE cheque 132 4
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 77 6
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 610 4
- Flat Rate Scheme 226 13
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 169 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 396 17
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,111 32
- Giving a seminar 475 27
- deleting customers on Sage 50 88 4
- Interest on Loan to a Company 238 2
- Writing off bad debts 148 4
- Added years superannuation 25 1
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 94 2
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 333 7
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 47 1
- Care to help a student out? 255 9
- Residency 91 day rule 184 1
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 846 12
- Dazed & confused 1,334 9
- PAYE coding notices 106 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,192
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 599
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 403
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 307
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 186
- Agent fees to sell business 185
- Alphabet shares 183
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 175
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 151
- EBT 150