I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 54 2
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 103 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 443 17
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 186 6
- Paid too much !! 153 1
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 76 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 63 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 64 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 470 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 738 11
- Sports Sponsorship 110 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 237 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 207 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 194 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,307 14
- Best software for small practice? 602 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,261 21
- HMRC Enquiry 475 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 217 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 288 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 764
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 453
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 223
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181