I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Financial Forecasting software recommendations please 315 2
- Tax efficient vehicle 438 8
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 119 2
- Business only use of company car 188 5
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 213 7
- Buying a business premises in a pension 155 2
- Goodwill on incorporation 497 17
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 343 10
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 154 2
- Sage Accounts in a mess 229 4
- Retail business software/accounting system 134 2
- Bank reconciliation 230 7
- Practice software 640 13
- Dividend Tax Petition 268 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 435 16
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 192 9
- Certificate of Tax Deposit and APN's 107 1
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,294 77
- Going through security 224 4
- Bad debt write off - definition of associated/connected company 147 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 237
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 223
- Sage VAT return reports difference post reconciliation 213
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 211
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 199
- Web site and client access area advice 182
- Expenses Software 179
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 166
- CTA Material 159
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 159