I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Gift to employee 326 8
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 412 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,092 22
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 46 3
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 388 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 92 2
- Sage Import Data 280 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 231 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 65 2
- Best time software for small practice? 187 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 308 13
- private to company car? 353 9
- Which address 989 11
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 89 1
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 256 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 952 15
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 252 6
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 465 17
- Vat threshold issues 444 10
- Sale of an investment between group companies 161 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 471
- CTA study material 450
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 323
- Pre incorp expenses 301
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 260
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 248
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 202
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 145
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 133
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 128