I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 751 17
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 231 6
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,546 42
- CIC Company 382 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,648 57
- Is this a scam? 754 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 113 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 327 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 234 5
- New company - form a group? 155 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 173 4
- PITA client 213 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 364 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,311 33
- Dividend dates 489 8
- R&D tax credit claim 216 5
- CIS Deductions 271 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 114 1
- is this fraud? 788 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 496 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 345
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 331
- Cancelled 282
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 254
- Probiz 241
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 185
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 176
- Car leasing scheme 176
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 155