I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Starting up in practice - safety net 172 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 348 9
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 101 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 333 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 226 4
- Rental property company 111 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 319 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 263 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 387 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 162 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 201 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 148 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 500 5
- Director's tax return 401 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 189 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,141 34
- Flat rate vat 245 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 197 5
- Coming in from the cold 400 3
- Splitting the tax year 197 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 822
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 572
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 439
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 320
- Free Tax Legislation? 294
- Director Loan account operation 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 263
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 260
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 239
- Paye procedures for CVA 180