I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,191 47
- Contact at HMRC for agents 41 1
- Offshore bond assigned to UK discretionary trust 100 6
- Cut-off accounting question 204 9
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 443 10
- What would you do? 544 5
- Depreciation on purchase of software 343 5
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 582 23
- exemptions from CIS 39 1
- Auto Enrolment 170 4
- Class of Shares 155 3
- account in joint names - gift? 71 1
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 218 8
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 101 2
- statutory maternity pay 123 3
- VAT & Offshore Companies 283 8
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 438 9
- Freelance/Employee 246 7
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,221 12
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 219 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 385
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 339
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 319
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 304
- Electric Car 258
- S222 Charge 224
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 218
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 208
- Company Structure 198
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 166