I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,756 23
- Running two businesses from the same premises 23 1
- Late Registration for VAT 158 5
- Registering a company late 216 6
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 255 4
- physiotherapy clinic 544 3
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,894 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 71 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,002 25
- Deferred Tax 103 1
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 57 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 402 7
- How much of your work is admin? 147 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,787 19
- Goodwill complications 143 2
- Personal pension 210 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 169 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 291 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 247 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 984 26
- TheTax Donut 1,006
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 666
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 617
- Follower cases 482
- Limited company purchase of property 408
- Hive up 405
- corporate hierarchy 375
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 372
- LIVE chat, starting now 314
- AIA or IFA 205