I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Newly Started Practice 143 5
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 150 2
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 178 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 172 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 57 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.160 ITEPA 83 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 339 6
- error on companies house accounts 72 2
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 216 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 162 2
- Generic Notification Notices 114 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 440 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 111 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 431 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 79 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 240 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 141 1
- fraud 413 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 236 3
- Which purchase date should I consider in the asset register 198 2
- QROP pension input amounts 474
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 437
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 413
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 263
- EPS and CIS deductions 259
- Construction CIS LLP Company 245
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 210
- SAGE winforecast 178
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 170
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 165