I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Classes 2 and 4 NI for sole trader also employed 20 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 967 24
- CIS Deductions 273 8
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 148 4
- sole trader to ltd company 112 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,095 33
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,114 35
- Spousal transfer and PPR 311 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 246 7
- Dual taxation - usa 186 2
- My house has fallen down 472 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 110 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 286 10
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 257 7
- Inheritance Tax Advice 116 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 124 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 570 8
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 290 4
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 208 2
- Property sale split between years 161 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 641
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 324
- RTI - duplicate employee record 324
- Using the correct forms 299
- SA penalty proposals 297
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 188