I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Company dividends 357 11
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 483 18
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 378 6
- SA late payment penalty 159 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 281 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 78 1
- Copy Wanted 633 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 81 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 89 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 97 3
- Software 302 7
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,407 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 251 5
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 160 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 150 2
- French resident, split year & UK close company dividends 111 1
- Closing a limited company 204 5
- Rental Income for Child Benefit Charge 146 2
- Obtaining old payslips & correcting historic tax overpayment 141 3
- Window Comb Binder Cover 353 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 852
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 539
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 509
- Latest phishing scam 397
- Entrepreneurs' relief 372
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 329
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 309
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 299
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 211
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190