I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- Industrial & Provident Societies 366 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,307 47
- Self assesment losses 349 9
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 241 2
- Payroll Software Recommendations 28 1
- Disposal of an opted property 199 3
- Fee protection 970 19
- Payroll systems 433 8
- View on Absolute Accounts Integrated vs PTP vs IRIS 188 3
- dividend 273 12
- overdrawn directors loan 289 6
- Irish Taxation 175 6
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 71 1
- Incorporation and goodwill 128 2
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 202 3
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 283 4
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 148 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 466 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 169 3
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 171 5
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 344
- Domain name sale and limited company 239
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 215
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 185
- Tax on damages received 184
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 142