I currently act for a small Ltd Co owned 70% by Mr A and 30% by Mr B (its two directors).
There has been a dispute, and Mr B has walked away to set up a competitor business.
The Company is marginally insolvent and Mr B owes the Company £3k. The Company makes marginal profits year on year, but certainly not 'super profits'.
Mr B is refusing to sign over his shares at par value to Mr A and is looking for £20k. Mr A has approached me for advice on what to do next.
As fars as I can see :-
- Mr A cannot force Mr B to sell his shares
- Mr A cannot put Co into Liquidation as 75% majority required for special resolution
- Mr B is entitled to 30% of future distributable profits
For the time being, Mr A has increased his salary in the company and cancelled any dividends.
Can the Company create a dividend-only alphabet share which vests only in Mr A?
What is the best way of dealing with this situation?
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 69 3
- SA302's - What's the deal? 313 4
- tax credits 208 4
- Thinning income 309 2
- Past rental expenses 73 1
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 211 3
- What do do about VAT? 517 15
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 240 5
- Not a question but made my day 1,116 22
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 337 10
- I forgiven loan an Output? 109 1
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 183 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 190 4
- Audacity 1,314 22
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 690 8
- partnership first tax return 137 1
- Payroll got out of synch 375 11
- Charitable incorporated organisation 95 1
- Claiming the expenses of Scooby 294 3
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 303 9
- NHS finance professionals 591
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 389
- Foreign Pension Contribution 362
- vat gross profit percentage margins 333
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 323
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 303
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 271
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 222
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198
- Incorporating doctors 191