Should the smoking ban in pubs be repealed or modified ?
I would guess that everyone has a pub or two amongst their clients.
We have noticed a huge change in profitability since the smoking ban, and of course increased beer costs are simply magnifying this. Indeed we have just advised one of our clients that, in winter (out of the holiday season), they would do better to close Monday - Thursday and save on staff costs etc. Prior to the smoking ban even winter nights were worth opening, but not now.
They have a succesful food trade, but, in winter even that trade fell drastically following the smoking ban as smokers are not willing to stand outside in the wind and rain.
The government is planning to rip up much of Labours legislation. Should they rip up, or at least modify, this legislation, to allow pubs etc to have some provision for smokers without them having to stand outside, or, are we willing to see the inevitable death of the traditional British pub?
- What taxes must employers pay in Continental Europe? e.g. Germany and France 98 1
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 332 10
- Travel costs and contractors 267 3
- vat help for catering concession 143 3
- Employee works in UK paid by Denmark and uses company car from another business 50 1
- RTI and Directors' salaries 147 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 209 3
- Importers 111 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 276 4
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 251 4
- dfgd fget 126 1
- More AE! 235 6
- New business - journal entries 612 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 217 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 74 1
- aia 125 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 447 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 460 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 258 5
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 268 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 991
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 746
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 432
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 251
- Digita Hosted Software 250
- Social investment tax relief 244
- Call Centre Data Costs 230
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 184
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 148
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 138