Should the smoking ban in pubs be repealed or modified ?
I would guess that everyone has a pub or two amongst their clients.
We have noticed a huge change in profitability since the smoking ban, and of course increased beer costs are simply magnifying this. Indeed we have just advised one of our clients that, in winter (out of the holiday season), they would do better to close Monday - Thursday and save on staff costs etc. Prior to the smoking ban even winter nights were worth opening, but not now.
They have a succesful food trade, but, in winter even that trade fell drastically following the smoking ban as smokers are not willing to stand outside in the wind and rain.
The government is planning to rip up much of Labours legislation. Should they rip up, or at least modify, this legislation, to allow pubs etc to have some provision for smokers without them having to stand outside, or, are we willing to see the inevitable death of the traditional British pub?
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 92 2
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 150 8
- Goodwill complications 186 3
- Late Registration for VAT 238 8
- Registering a company late 354 13
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 642 11
- How much of your work is admin? 439 3
- Claiming pre-letting mortgage costs on first rental property 65 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,093 30
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 117 1
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 153 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 110 1
- Personal pension 286 5
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 142 2
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 224 1
- Deferred Tax 280 5
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,281 17
- Legal fees selling rental property 213 3
- physiotherapy clinic 621 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 238 2
- TheTax Donut 1,023
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 681
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 625
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 419
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 332
- AIA or IFA 216