Should the smoking ban in pubs be repealed or modified ?
I would guess that everyone has a pub or two amongst their clients.
We have noticed a huge change in profitability since the smoking ban, and of course increased beer costs are simply magnifying this. Indeed we have just advised one of our clients that, in winter (out of the holiday season), they would do better to close Monday - Thursday and save on staff costs etc. Prior to the smoking ban even winter nights were worth opening, but not now.
They have a succesful food trade, but, in winter even that trade fell drastically following the smoking ban as smokers are not willing to stand outside in the wind and rain.
The government is planning to rip up much of Labours legislation. Should they rip up, or at least modify, this legislation, to allow pubs etc to have some provision for smokers without them having to stand outside, or, are we willing to see the inevitable death of the traditional British pub?
- Viewing folder contens en masse 331 8
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,116 15
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 172 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 321 5
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 113 2
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 623 14
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 136 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 175 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 92 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 250 6
- CIS 129 1
- Really?! 736 9
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 198 3
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 453 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 896 12
- Is the CT61 return dead? 295 4
- Car Purchase 155 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 181 7
- IR35 153 1
- Car benefit or not? 1,961 18
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 704
- 2015 tax year end 437
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 415
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 354
- Costly Accounting Software contract 309
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 251
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 221
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 201