Should the smoking ban in pubs be repealed or modified ?
I would guess that everyone has a pub or two amongst their clients.
We have noticed a huge change in profitability since the smoking ban, and of course increased beer costs are simply magnifying this. Indeed we have just advised one of our clients that, in winter (out of the holiday season), they would do better to close Monday - Thursday and save on staff costs etc. Prior to the smoking ban even winter nights were worth opening, but not now.
They have a succesful food trade, but, in winter even that trade fell drastically following the smoking ban as smokers are not willing to stand outside in the wind and rain.
The government is planning to rip up much of Labours legislation. Should they rip up, or at least modify, this legislation, to allow pubs etc to have some provision for smokers without them having to stand outside, or, are we willing to see the inevitable death of the traditional British pub?
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 543 5
- 27,000 Really? 1,050 33
- Legal title not in the company name 765 23
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 63 1
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 72 1
- This is getting boring 582 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 234 7
- pension paid by company? 90 3
- inheritance tax 400 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 325 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 221 4
- State pension 290 3
- Accountancy Career 110 1
- CIC Company 654 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,817 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,276 66
- Deduction from Salary 641 15
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 431 5
- Group Audit Thresholds 352 10
- One off meeting new client 1,688 16
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 393
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 334
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 307
- Probiz 301
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 278
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- How not to compose an email 249
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221