Should the smoking ban in pubs be repealed or modified ?
I would guess that everyone has a pub or two amongst their clients.
We have noticed a huge change in profitability since the smoking ban, and of course increased beer costs are simply magnifying this. Indeed we have just advised one of our clients that, in winter (out of the holiday season), they would do better to close Monday - Thursday and save on staff costs etc. Prior to the smoking ban even winter nights were worth opening, but not now.
They have a succesful food trade, but, in winter even that trade fell drastically following the smoking ban as smokers are not willing to stand outside in the wind and rain.
The government is planning to rip up much of Labours legislation. Should they rip up, or at least modify, this legislation, to allow pubs etc to have some provision for smokers without them having to stand outside, or, are we willing to see the inevitable death of the traditional British pub?
- Tax Allowance on University Course 1,788 8
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 681 22
- Banks and box ticking 42 2
- Company Name - Number of Characters 122 3
- Correct treatment when one company absorbs another 29 1
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 66 2
- Lloyds bank ... 210 2
- Bulk Invoicing 67 2
- cancellation of Engagement 463 12
- Profit or Capital Gain 101 3
- How to complain about HMRC 353 11
- Protocol on SEIS & EIS 97 4
- Car leased by Co, cost made good in full. Am I missing a trick? 192 7
- FRS percentage 222 5
- Adding Tables to Wizard 52 1
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 479 5
- Companies House 863 7
- Accountancy work for Farmers 318 12
- PAYE for a babysitter? 377 17
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 170 2
- CTA study material 666
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 403
- Employment related securities question 250
- ATED Penalties 227
- AIM Stocks and IHT 205
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 182
- Trust for Employee 168
- Expat pension contributions? 161
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 125
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 111