Should the smoking ban in pubs be repealed or modified ?
I would guess that everyone has a pub or two amongst their clients.
We have noticed a huge change in profitability since the smoking ban, and of course increased beer costs are simply magnifying this. Indeed we have just advised one of our clients that, in winter (out of the holiday season), they would do better to close Monday - Thursday and save on staff costs etc. Prior to the smoking ban even winter nights were worth opening, but not now.
They have a succesful food trade, but, in winter even that trade fell drastically following the smoking ban as smokers are not willing to stand outside in the wind and rain.
The government is planning to rip up much of Labours legislation. Should they rip up, or at least modify, this legislation, to allow pubs etc to have some provision for smokers without them having to stand outside, or, are we willing to see the inevitable death of the traditional British pub?
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 94 5
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 71 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,563 12
- Companies House incorporation service 257 11
- Share Capital 45 2
- Trading income or not? 113 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 248 5
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 154 4
- Charge HMRC 343 3
- FRS17 query 222 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,733 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,541 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 551 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 270 2
- How to opt out? 401 6
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 89 1
- utr 168 4
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 314 7
- P9D or P11D 738 7
- CT return error message 390 10
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 281
- CIS schemes 214
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 182
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 176
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 174