Should the smoking ban in pubs be repealed or modified ?
I would guess that everyone has a pub or two amongst their clients.
We have noticed a huge change in profitability since the smoking ban, and of course increased beer costs are simply magnifying this. Indeed we have just advised one of our clients that, in winter (out of the holiday season), they would do better to close Monday - Thursday and save on staff costs etc. Prior to the smoking ban even winter nights were worth opening, but not now.
They have a succesful food trade, but, in winter even that trade fell drastically following the smoking ban as smokers are not willing to stand outside in the wind and rain.
The government is planning to rip up much of Labours legislation. Should they rip up, or at least modify, this legislation, to allow pubs etc to have some provision for smokers without them having to stand outside, or, are we willing to see the inevitable death of the traditional British pub?
- RTI penalties 48 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 504 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 116 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 299 5
- US Sales Tax 105 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 360 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 193 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 113 1
- Group Relief 121 4
- R&D Credits 97 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 238 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 106 2
- Clients 672 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 291 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 121 3
- Starting new accounting business 284 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 457 10
- Sage Payroll 113 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 109 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 428 8
- QROP pension input amounts 493
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 477
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 440
- EPS and CIS deductions 294
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 286
- Construction CIS LLP Company 278
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 243
- SAGE winforecast 199
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 196
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 182