Should the smoking ban in pubs be repealed or modified ?
I would guess that everyone has a pub or two amongst their clients.
We have noticed a huge change in profitability since the smoking ban, and of course increased beer costs are simply magnifying this. Indeed we have just advised one of our clients that, in winter (out of the holiday season), they would do better to close Monday - Thursday and save on staff costs etc. Prior to the smoking ban even winter nights were worth opening, but not now.
They have a succesful food trade, but, in winter even that trade fell drastically following the smoking ban as smokers are not willing to stand outside in the wind and rain.
The government is planning to rip up much of Labours legislation. Should they rip up, or at least modify, this legislation, to allow pubs etc to have some provision for smokers without them having to stand outside, or, are we willing to see the inevitable death of the traditional British pub?
- Sole trader - bank statements 123 10
- Am i Liable? 430 14
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,019 63
- overdrawn directors loan account 137 4
- RTI 207 6
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 262 11
- which software to use? 288 5
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 227 3
- audit for 50% associate? 51 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 733 18
- PAYE coding notices 171 2
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 113 2
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 845 13
- Property scam victim 529 13
- Christmas party 221 2
- VAT on garage rent 367 15
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 404 4
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 203 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 322 7
- directors overdrawn loan account 128 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,240
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 614
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 411
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 320
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 215
- Alphabet shares 199
- Agent fees to sell business 194
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 191
- Office recharges 156
- Tax position on lease extension 145