Should wages paid to daughter be included in Directors Remuneration note?
One of my recent clients is a company with a sole director and shareholder who takes no salary himself but apparently does play an active role. Originally it was his son-in-law who was going to run the company but he didn't want to be either a director or a shareholder due to a long-running dispute with someone who ran another business with him. In fact, he is not even an employee and takes all his fees via an umbrella company.
I was going to disclose him as a shadow director but he and his father-in-law are dead against it. They argue that things have changed since the business was started and the son-in-law no longer plays an active part. Apparently the father-in-law makes all key decisions himself. I have asked them to put all this in writing!
I have no evidence to suggest otherwise (apart from the fact the son-in-law was at the initial meeting and it was he who first contacted me) so no reason to disbelieve them. Also, I don't think the son-in-law is disqualified or an undischarged bankrupt so no issues there.
His wife is employed by the company and the director (her father) wants to pay her a £22k bonus. This is fairly material as profit before tax was about £100k. My question is whether this should be disclosed in the Directors Remuneration note. The FRSSE (section 17) is silent on this although it does define Directors Family. I wonder whether this is just for related party transactions or includes the remuneration note too. As it is salary it does not have to be disclosed as a related party transaction, so no worries there.
His mother is also employed as a book-keeper (which she does very well) but if he is not a shadow director then I assume her salary will not require disclosure under Directors Remuneration.
Anyone got any thoughts on this?
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 502 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 263 4
- Late registration for MOSS 195 4
- Professional Clearance 1,004 24
- Self employed care worker 402 9
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 230 5
- Client right to working papers 136 2
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 317 7
- Illegal share transfer 422 5
- Audacity 851 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 143 2
- Company Strike off 1,795 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,072 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 366 3
- Estate admin practicalities 204 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,471 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 310 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,773 31
- Joint owners of rental properties 336 6
- Capital stated on incorporation too low by several orders of magnitude. 328 2
- NHS finance professionals 525
- VAL231 406
- Mother and son property ownership 363
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 352
- Foreign Pension Contribution 327
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 301
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 279
- vat gross profit percentage margins 266
- Incorporated LLP partners, CIS and IR35 261
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 243