An employee is pregant, baby due July 2011. Company has policy of no pay when employees absent on sick leave so when the employee has been off sick since becoming pregnant the only pay has been SSP. Employee is concerned that this will affect her SMP payments if she continues to be off sick throughout the pregnancy. Doctors notes have covered the absenses to date. Employee is aware Mat Leave will start if she is absent within last 4 weeks of pregnancy due to pregnancy related illness.
Employee has a 2 hour journey in to work and is also afraid she will be too tired to work during her pregnancy.
Employee wishes to start Mat Leave at the same date as baby is due (subject to the 4week rule).
How does the employer stand and how does the employee stand in respect of the amount of SMP she may be entitled to.
- P11d query 268 5
- Rental expenses 50 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 131 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 342 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 84 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 336 4
- No more tax returns... 1,540 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 283 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 476 10
- Landing clients 419 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,153 22
- Termination Payment 204 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 212 3
- CRM / marketing 109 2
- Allocation of income from property 757 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,885 28
- Opening a Quick books file 137 1
- 64-8 problems 522 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 350 10