An employee is pregant, baby due July 2011. Company has policy of no pay when employees absent on sick leave so when the employee has been off sick since becoming pregnant the only pay has been SSP. Employee is concerned that this will affect her SMP payments if she continues to be off sick throughout the pregnancy. Doctors notes have covered the absenses to date. Employee is aware Mat Leave will start if she is absent within last 4 weeks of pregnancy due to pregnancy related illness.
Employee has a 2 hour journey in to work and is also afraid she will be too tired to work during her pregnancy.
Employee wishes to start Mat Leave at the same date as baby is due (subject to the 4week rule).
How does the employer stand and how does the employee stand in respect of the amount of SMP she may be entitled to.
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 464 17
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 50 2
- Will I need to resign? 71 1
- Paper tax return 84 3
- Start up allowance? 336 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,331 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 227 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 160 1
- AIA or IFA 425 7
- Surely not? 422 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 625 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 356 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 348 7
- Late Registration for VAT 348 11
- Old CGT loss 170 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 261 5
- Nominal Ledger 343 10
- Share structures 140 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,150 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 340 5