An employee is pregant, baby due July 2011. Company has policy of no pay when employees absent on sick leave so when the employee has been off sick since becoming pregnant the only pay has been SSP. Employee is concerned that this will affect her SMP payments if she continues to be off sick throughout the pregnancy. Doctors notes have covered the absenses to date. Employee is aware Mat Leave will start if she is absent within last 4 weeks of pregnancy due to pregnancy related illness.
Employee has a 2 hour journey in to work and is also afraid she will be too tired to work during her pregnancy.
Employee wishes to start Mat Leave at the same date as baby is due (subject to the 4week rule).
How does the employer stand and how does the employee stand in respect of the amount of SMP she may be entitled to.
- Amend a 2010/11 return 33 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 134 1
- How to deal with prior year error 103 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 492 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,310 33
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,050 19
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,020 20
- Tax Calculations 647 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 370 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 574 24
- Exemption from CGT 201 2
- VAT Registration 209 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 457 14
- Autumn statement predictions 401 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 291 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 167 3
- Moneysoft error 421 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 643 26
- New client wants to submit tax returns from 06/07 to date, how many years can actually be submitted? 461 3
- Employer Pension Contribution 200 1