Sole trader incorporation and VAT registration
Sole trader's cumulative annual turnover will exceed £60k at 31/7/05. So VAT registration is required. Also incorporating, preferably at the same time, i.e. 1/9/05.
If the sole trader doesn't register but the Ltd Co does from the transfer date, can the co still reclaim input vat on stocks and equipment on hand, and the prior 6 months services?
Alternatively, does he have to register for vat as a sole trader, perhaps for just 1 day, to guarantee input vat reclamation and then do transfer of vat number for the incorporation?
I don't want to jeopardise losing the pre-registration input vat claim, but likewise would prefer not to have the hassle of too much VAT paperwork (i.e. 2 registration and 1 dereg).
- Family Partnership 324 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,251 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 67 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 187 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 220 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 327 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 100 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 318 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 208 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 205 6
- Business trips - director and family 431 3
- Signed accounts for bank 678 15
- flat rate scheme 2,394 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 337 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 217 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 118 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 879 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 222 5
- VAT Query on new build 137 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 134 1