Some unknown- I believe virus has destroyed my Laptop.
I believe some unknown virus has destroyed my laptop.
While I was working on my laptop (lots of files open, and sites have been running), a message popped up on my screen. I did not pay attention to the message and clicked OK. All a sudden my PC was switched-off itself. When it switched back on, all I see is “Recycle Bin” Only. All my files on my hard drive, Desk top, my documents and all MS Office programs have disappeared. There is nothing on my favourite. When I clicked my programs, I cannot see anything, it is empty.
Naturally I started to panic. I do not know where to turn to.
I restored my Internet explorer browser from the recycled bin and try to search for a solution, but there are too many information on the Net. I found some sites which they claim can recover files, but not free and not sure if they even work.
When I click the “Recent Items used” button and click one of my files from the list, which were saved on my hard drive despite my hard drive is empty, I managed to open it. This is really weird. How can I open an Excel file without MS excel? And I did some search to see if my files are some where hidden. Yes there, but I do not where and how to restore them.
Could some please shade some light on my nightmare?
I have Window XP, and was running ant-virus software while this happened.
Thanks for help!
- Xmas party 99 1
- Just because it's Friday 259 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,352 66
- Inheritance Tax - Simple Question 135 4
- Non-resident employer & employee 104 4
- Capital Allowances 146 4
- equipment rental 219 10
- Acquisition by company 103 5
- Non sequitur 530 7
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,479 23
- R&D on products not sold 99 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 898 13
- Tech Champion of the Year 232 5
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 194 4
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 638 9
- Transfer of land to family members 88 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 584 11
- The process of issuing dividend? 206 6
- Not registered for VAT. Germany wants proof! 230 5
- Pattern for CTA 321 7
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,364
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 436
- Alphabet shares 238
- Agent fees to sell business 230
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 226
- Charge out rates in London 179
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 167
- which entity 150
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 142
- confusion about 140