Standard Payment Terms For Subcontractors In the Construction Industry
As cashflows get tighter I currently have a disagreement over what payment terms are the industry standard for progress payments within the construction industry.
Terms are normally specified in the contract however what are fair terms? The main contractor will obviously try and suit themselves as to how late thay can pay.
My understanding however is that standard payment terms would be 30 days from the date of application for payment, stretching to 45 days being the latest date that the contractor can pay.
It is also my experience that Contractors regularly ignore the due dates and stretch credit to breaking point for a lot of small subcontractors.
I would be interested in anyone else's experience of getting paid and what the industry norm is for sub-contract work.
In particular is there anyone out there lucky enough to get paid within 7 days from the date of application or is that just fantasy land?
- Undisclosed income 93 2
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 210 3
- Private Investment Company 121 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 66 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,643 44
- New company - form a group? 185 3
- Small company audit 115 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 276 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 786 17
- CIC Company 415 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,688 57
- Is this a scam? 793 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 149 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 355 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 258 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 195 4
- PITA client 269 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 384 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,339 33
- Dividend dates 494 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 601
- Cancelled 350
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 335
- Cancelled 287
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 258
- Probiz 246
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 200
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 186
- Car leasing scheme 183
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 170