Standard Payment Terms For Subcontractors In the Construction Industry
As cashflows get tighter I currently have a disagreement over what payment terms are the industry standard for progress payments within the construction industry.
Terms are normally specified in the contract however what are fair terms? The main contractor will obviously try and suit themselves as to how late thay can pay.
My understanding however is that standard payment terms would be 30 days from the date of application for payment, stretching to 45 days being the latest date that the contractor can pay.
It is also my experience that Contractors regularly ignore the due dates and stretch credit to breaking point for a lot of small subcontractors.
I would be interested in anyone else's experience of getting paid and what the industry norm is for sub-contract work.
In particular is there anyone out there lucky enough to get paid within 7 days from the date of application or is that just fantasy land?
- Capital Allowance & AIA 56 1
- are we that stupid 865 19
- Foster Care 68 1
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 332 5
- letter of reference 143 1
- Flexible report structure in cloud accounting 75 1
- Self Assessment penalties again 284 3
- Flat Management Company 198 1
- Share structure questions - close company 176 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 165 4
- Income prior to company formation 338 9
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 724 12
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 316 5
- Forbes Computer Systems - Practice Management (CRM) 127 1
- Can I sell my own equipment to my business? 527 5
- Practice software 1,420 20
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 364 1
- Company leaving VAT group 171 4
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 611 18
- Staff training 1,553 13
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 329
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 287
- French ConnectionUK 267
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 247
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 216
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 214
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 152
- CentreCRM - anybody using it? 150
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 150
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 148