Standard Payment Terms For Subcontractors In the Construction Industry
As cashflows get tighter I currently have a disagreement over what payment terms are the industry standard for progress payments within the construction industry.
Terms are normally specified in the contract however what are fair terms? The main contractor will obviously try and suit themselves as to how late thay can pay.
My understanding however is that standard payment terms would be 30 days from the date of application for payment, stretching to 45 days being the latest date that the contractor can pay.
It is also my experience that Contractors regularly ignore the due dates and stretch credit to breaking point for a lot of small subcontractors.
I would be interested in anyone else's experience of getting paid and what the industry norm is for sub-contract work.
In particular is there anyone out there lucky enough to get paid within 7 days from the date of application or is that just fantasy land?
- do i need an online accounting software 107 3
- CGT on selling company shares 124 6
- VAT dergistration confirmation? 65 2
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 363 4
- Moneysoft Payroll 636 15
- transfer of invesments from company name to individual 78 1
- Property gift to sister 259 7
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,669 28
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 157 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,605 28
- Who gets the CGT deduction 278 4
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 646 9
- VAT training 374 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 281 7
- 31st october deadline 398 6
- RTI Late Registration query 157 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 266 2
- Payroll software 197 1
- Accounting for display stands 285 7
- Companies House Search 338 3
- NHS finance professionals 713
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 431
- Foreign Pension Contribution 407
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 390
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 387
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 345
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 308
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 289
- Incorporating doctors 230
- IFA income recognition & reporting 228