Standard Payment Terms For Subcontractors In the Construction Industry
As cashflows get tighter I currently have a disagreement over what payment terms are the industry standard for progress payments within the construction industry.
Terms are normally specified in the contract however what are fair terms? The main contractor will obviously try and suit themselves as to how late thay can pay.
My understanding however is that standard payment terms would be 30 days from the date of application for payment, stretching to 45 days being the latest date that the contractor can pay.
It is also my experience that Contractors regularly ignore the due dates and stretch credit to breaking point for a lot of small subcontractors.
I would be interested in anyone else's experience of getting paid and what the industry norm is for sub-contract work.
In particular is there anyone out there lucky enough to get paid within 7 days from the date of application or is that just fantasy land?
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 958 55
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 790 20
- Go Cardless 251 8
- business entertaining deductibility 106 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 101 2
- R & D 97 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 218 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 64 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 101 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 138 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 124 1
- New Business Registration 207 5
- Audit rules 135 3
- Hosted email exchange 123 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 141 1
- G P life time allowance 111 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 366 11
- Bringing money to Uk 211 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 129 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 109 2
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 333
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 277
- Industrial & Provident Societies 274
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 155
- South African Government Pension 149
- CIS schemes 145