Standard Payment Terms For Subcontractors In the Construction Industry
As cashflows get tighter I currently have a disagreement over what payment terms are the industry standard for progress payments within the construction industry.
Terms are normally specified in the contract however what are fair terms? The main contractor will obviously try and suit themselves as to how late thay can pay.
My understanding however is that standard payment terms would be 30 days from the date of application for payment, stretching to 45 days being the latest date that the contractor can pay.
It is also my experience that Contractors regularly ignore the due dates and stretch credit to breaking point for a lot of small subcontractors.
I would be interested in anyone else's experience of getting paid and what the industry norm is for sub-contract work.
In particular is there anyone out there lucky enough to get paid within 7 days from the date of application or is that just fantasy land?
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 111 2
- Another transfer of property 96 2
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 779 25
- VAT on non-denominated postage 195 7
- Taxi Plate & Car 51 1
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 557 11
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 228 5
- LEL and PAYE registration 75 1
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 142 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 168 1
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 860 40
- Tax relief for networking day out? 551 14
- SA316s 214 3
- Swiching tax 542 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 530 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 384 11
- Start-up cost recognition 122 1
- Lunches 296 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 416 8
- Generic notification message 273 6
- Construction CIS LLP Company 611
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 355
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 267
- RTI - duplicate employee record 262
- SA penalty proposals 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 233