Standard Payment Terms For Subcontractors In the Construction Industry
As cashflows get tighter I currently have a disagreement over what payment terms are the industry standard for progress payments within the construction industry.
Terms are normally specified in the contract however what are fair terms? The main contractor will obviously try and suit themselves as to how late thay can pay.
My understanding however is that standard payment terms would be 30 days from the date of application for payment, stretching to 45 days being the latest date that the contractor can pay.
It is also my experience that Contractors regularly ignore the due dates and stretch credit to breaking point for a lot of small subcontractors.
I would be interested in anyone else's experience of getting paid and what the industry norm is for sub-contract work.
In particular is there anyone out there lucky enough to get paid within 7 days from the date of application or is that just fantasy land?
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 817 24
- Charity Account-independent examiner 134 2
- Share valuation upon death of shareholder 86 2
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 147 4
- Is renting a house deductable 147 5
- Bank account frozen 61 1
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 230 2
- Writing Website Content 601 22
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 154 4
- Badges of trade 327 6
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 240 4
- CT61 Interest - Is it voluntary? 80 2
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 127 3
- AIA 336 5
- Seeking advice: Charging VAT on commission on my commission! 277 8
- CT600 X ERROR in relation to Tangible Assets 195 9
- Capital Goods Scheme 211 7
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 317 7
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 2,723 14
- The Pensions Regulator 355 9
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 445
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 414
- Electric Car 352
- S222 Charge 280
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 259
- IP trans to holding company 217
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 195
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 189
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 161
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 154