Standard Payment Terms For Subcontractors In the Construction Industry
As cashflows get tighter I currently have a disagreement over what payment terms are the industry standard for progress payments within the construction industry.
Terms are normally specified in the contract however what are fair terms? The main contractor will obviously try and suit themselves as to how late thay can pay.
My understanding however is that standard payment terms would be 30 days from the date of application for payment, stretching to 45 days being the latest date that the contractor can pay.
It is also my experience that Contractors regularly ignore the due dates and stretch credit to breaking point for a lot of small subcontractors.
I would be interested in anyone else's experience of getting paid and what the industry norm is for sub-contract work.
In particular is there anyone out there lucky enough to get paid within 7 days from the date of application or is that just fantasy land?
- Practice management 139 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 208 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 81 1
- IHT and cash gifts 50 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 131 7
- Clothing 149 4
- VAT registration transfer 147 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 571 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 85 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 97 2
- Director drawings 391 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 322 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 91 1
- HMRC SA302s 203 3
- What does the "K" signify 430 7
- Director or self-employed 145 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 127 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 142 3
- What sectors to target? 202 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 131 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 905
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 609
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 577
- Latest phishing scam 531
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 375
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 343
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 281
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 199
- Capital allowances in first basis period 187
- Sabbatical payments 175