Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- State pension 263 3
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 207 6
- 27,000 Really? 955 28
- Accountancy Career 54 1
- CIC Company 647 13
- pension paid by company? 42 1
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,803 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,243 66
- Deduction from Salary 627 15
- inheritance tax 364 11
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 417 5
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 268 7
- Group Audit Thresholds 349 10
- One off meeting new client 1,677 16
- Legal title not in the company name 752 22
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 280 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 530 4
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 192 3
- NALS Accountants Report 348 5
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,235 44
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 392
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 352
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 306
- Probiz 300
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 277
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 256
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221
- How not to compose an email 220