Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 301 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 97 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 189 4
- Rental property company 97 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 277 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 249 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 377 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 142 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 184 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 313 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 143 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 482 5
- Director's tax return 395 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 180 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,126 34
- Flat rate vat 230 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 192 5
- Coming in from the cold 384 3
- Splitting the tax year 188 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 224 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 815
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 566
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 433
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 313
- Free Tax Legislation? 289
- Director Loan account operation 266
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 254
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 234
- Paye procedures for CVA 174