Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- CIS 269 7
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 193 2
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,219 17
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 274 5
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 431 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 169 2
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,130 13
- Really?! 863 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,385 26
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 659 15
- VAT 701/49 query 237 2
- backpack 339 3
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 201 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 285 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 356 8
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 202 3
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 204 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 205 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 175 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 261 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 709
- 2015 tax year end 442
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 418
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 361
- Costly Accounting Software contract 317
- Directors' advances and credits 262
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 224
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 204