Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 88 1
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 798 17
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 157 3
- Property scam victim 315 5
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 256 9
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 240 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 53 1
- Have i messed up? 746 11
- VAT on garage rent 128 8
- Are HMRC getting it right? 423 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 53 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 101 2
- Tasks for new trainees 147 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 69 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 70 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 564 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 105 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,648 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 260 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,811 19
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,092
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 575
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 383
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 288
- Charge out rates in London? 242
- Interest on Loan to a Company 189
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 174
- Agent fees to sell business 163
- Alphabet shares 160
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 154