Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 298 7
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 363 8
- how to object to registered company name... 155 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 464 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 811 45
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 350 5
- VAT QUESTION 290 3
- Property income in different capacities 167 3
- More AE! 677 15
- Charity Grant accounting 58 1
- Money Soft payroll 537 11
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 204 2
- Change of payroll software 414 10
- Director phone costs 275 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 347 8
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 208 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 150 4
- VAT surcharges and change of business entity 48 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,400 20
- Should I move back home away from my office? 519 10
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,181
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 800
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 496
- Digita Hosted Software 323
- Credit where credit's due....... 280
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 229
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 165
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 143
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 131
- Small Business Rates 128