Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- break even point 574 18
- How much to charge? 158 3
- Simple consolidation question 76 2
- Income tax on foreign dividends 217 1
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 381 10
- Capital Gain? 484 13
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 985 27
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 142 4
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 399 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 200 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 257 5
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 97 1
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 146 4
- IHT Query 219 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 434 2
- BrightPay 688 22
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 238 3
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 452 8
- Gift or Capital Gain? 382 11
- SDLT on leases 135 1
- Possible Partnership? 462
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 436
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 427
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 232
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 224
- Clubs and Taxable Income 215
- New Fangled Penalties 210
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 209
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 180
- Loans to other companies 164