Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- Deferred Tax 437 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 191 1
- You know its over 443 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 230 1
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,009 30
- Benefit in Kind 196 5
- Am I getting Soft?? 136 8
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 129 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 207 3
- Wrong tax code 85 4
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,258 14
- Cocaine anyone? 585 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 120 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 176 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 297 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 482 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,296 8
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 534 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 264 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 221 2
- Hive up 503
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 471
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 285
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 231
- WWOOFers 225
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 212
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 189
- The booking.com con 162
- UK State pension paid in NZ 160