Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 188 6
- Was I rude 749 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 166 5
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 151 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 286 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 216 1
- Top slicing relief question 224 2
- Valuation of PET on death 99 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 251 6
- Share swap 287 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 82 1
- Online filing 147 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 327 13
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,698 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 101 2
- Converting a barn for business use 89 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 234 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 121 2
- Joint rental income 129 1
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 342 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,474
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 808
- Any views 727
- International interest certificate 444
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 417
- Sale of business 387
- NOVA 280
- IRIS Open Books problem 279
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 195
- Expenses claim for non employee 185