Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- What would you do in this situation? 469 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 117 3
- Help Required 262 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 215 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 382 14
- What's in a name ? 214 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 138 3
- ATED Penalties 254 1
- late second payment on account 145 2
- US royalties 70 2
- Project being run jointly 117 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 172 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 156 3
- Sole trader mix up 282 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 728 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 885 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 206 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 501 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 157 5
- CTA study material 696
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 421
- Employment related securities question 263
- AIM Stocks and IHT 243
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 195
- Trust for Employee 182
- Expat pension contributions? 180
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 151
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 145
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 114