Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- How does one compete? 684 9
- Great Service 1,255 17
- Keytime 320 4
- Deadline for appeal against late filing 130 2
- About your hairdresser clients 529 21
- Pool vehicle with age restriction 92 2
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,593 29
- Income for self employed associate dentist? 133 1
- Redundancy for husband and wife ltd co 134 2
- Transferring Shares From Manx Co to Cayman Island Co 138 3
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 763 13
- Trust setting on HMRC CT600 132 4
- Employee tears suit... 252 3
- PAYE & NIC 766 35
- Related party not trading -should debt be written off ? 88 1
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 493 16
- £NIL EPS's wiping out CIS deductions 288 4
- When was the requirement for Ltd. company to have at least two shareholders abolished? 238 5
- HMRC's "HVA" list .... High Volume Agents 746 9
- Sports Club and Partial Exemption for VAT 194 1
- Sanzar 532
- Digital marketing focus group 415
- Sainsbury's mangement 380
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 380
- Continuity Agreement 354
- Avanti Accounts 353
- Buyback 306
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 254
- Aggresive sales from Iris 249
- Charity volunteers and mileage 212