Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 153 9
- Carrying forward self employment losses 44 2
- Charities and VAT 87 8
- Company dividends 810 32
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 35 1
- Interest Relief 130 4
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,425 52
- VAT Margin Schemes 115 2
- White van man 969 29
- VAT on Vocational Training Courses supplied to a Charity Org? 150 2
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 443 14
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 740 27
- how much to charge 178 5
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 817 22
- Virus Alert - VERY realistic aimed at acountants 306 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 223 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 96 3
- How to value a business asset? 202 5
- FHL Expenses 86 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 97 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 896
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 591
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 563
- Latest phishing scam 511
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 367
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 335
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 269
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 190
- Capital allowances in first basis period 171
- Sabbatical payments 167