Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 194 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 265 13
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 121 2
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 106 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 889 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 220 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 124 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 253 7
- New Email Extensions 138 1
- SA302 201 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,092 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 274 2
- Dental practice incorpration 126 1
- Audit rules 163 4
- Go Cardless 283 8
- business entertaining deductibility 146 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 176 2
- R & D 110 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 91 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 167 1
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 284
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 154