Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 85 1
- any implications of this type of transaction 51 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,686 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 97 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 287 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,031 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 262 7
- Sage data 105 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 422 9
- Limited company buying a car 362 6
- Funding Circle experience 156 3
- Excel query 121 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,297 13
- Payment on account penalties 130 3
- Tax on free shares 146 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 208 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 127 1
- Audit 492 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 130 3
- Buying a horse?? 431 12
- CTA study material 805
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 496
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 461
- Employment related securities question 324
- AIM Stocks and IHT 311
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 282
- Expat pension contributions? 282
- Trust for Employee 257
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 234
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 161