Submitting a P11D when P35 says that none are due.
I’m currently finalising the statutory accounts for a client and it’s come to light that the director’s loan account is overdrawn by about £12k.
As no interest has been charged/paid on this it’s reportable as a benefit on the P11D however P35s for the year have been submitted stating that no P11Ds are due.
Grateful if anyone could let me know if there are likely to be any repercussions for what, with hindsight, has proved to be an erroneous statement.
As an aside I did consider advising the director to pay interest on the loan and then calculate the s419 tax payable on the grossed up balance, i.e. loan balance plus interest. However EIM26257 states that there has to be a legal obligation to pay the interest in the year for it to be taken into account. As any agreement would be drawn up “after the fact” am I correct in assuming that the retrospective charging of interest is not an option.
Grateful for you thoughts.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 631 5
- See you all on the other side 684 6
- 12Pay 452 2
- dividends 600 2
- R&D 313 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,176 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 436 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 399 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 369 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 539 5
- Seeking a tax case 638 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 503 4
- Companies house strike off 540 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 419 2
- Moving to the cloud 738 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 215 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 899 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 207 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,090 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 496 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 562
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 326
- USA help 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 296
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 292
- Marginal rates of tax 285
- Class 2 NI 270