System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 166 5
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 538 11
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 256 6
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 145 2
- Capital Gain? 518 14
- Sell business after leaving country 151 2
- How much to charge? 276 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 190 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 644 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 248 2
- break even point 597 18
- Simple consolidation question 137 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 396 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,008 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 408 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 212 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 305 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 192 4
- IHT Query 260 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- Possible Partnership? 469
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 444
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 431
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 236
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 231
- New Fangled Penalties 224
- Clubs and Taxable Income 222
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 218
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 194
- Loans to other companies 170