System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- Company formation and bank account 194 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 628 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,519 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 481 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 386 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 169 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 390 8
- OneNote is fantastic 461 11
- VAT Direct Debit 350 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 434 8
- Self Assessment Software 680 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 431 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,348 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 238 11
- Owning overseas property 225 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 334 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 279 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 687 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,145 21
- PPR on a development? 236 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 648
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 398
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 398
- Property letting & CAs 386
- 2015 tax year end 381
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 379
- FCA regulated company in a small group 338
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 255
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 235
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 229