System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,847 52
- Hello 335 2
- Sage 200 question 81 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 79 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 122 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 137 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 194 4
- Private company division 303 5
- New build property to be rented 112 3
- Outstanding Loans 207 3
- Networking 858 7
- Allocation of income from property 623 22
- Services by BVI Company for UK Company 104 2
- bookkeeping system 479 7
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 116 2
- Company car in the LLP 133 1
- 64-8 problems 334 4
- flat rate scheme 1,872 37
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 884 11
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 327 9