System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- Accounts software for trusts 70 2
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,462 24
- Question for Dropbox users 414 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 385 5
- Do you send out reminders to clients re due dates? 360 14
- Employment Allowance 261 5
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 95 6
- xerocon 258 9
- Corporation Tax - aborted purchase cost 209 4
- PAYE 349 11
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 299 6
- Is overpayment subject to VAT 954 16
- Payroll software 531 12
- Share Valuation 137 3
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 249 8
- Lease vehicles / Car BiK? 90 1
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 1,313 7
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 289 7
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 165 3
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 99 1
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 666
- Auto enrolment excuses 552
- Removed post 382
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 354
- Social investment tax relief 169
- Call Centre Data Costs 166
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 164
- Digita Hosted Software 156
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 155
- option to tax 132