System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- Foreign income for self employed 143 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 682 20
- tax credits 152 6
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 259 9
- LLP - Member leaving 150 6
- what time is it ? 95 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 263 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,063 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 229 4
- Year end 164 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 578 21
- How would you account for warranty? 162 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 405 22
- Sweet Tooth 192 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 181 2
- trading or dormant 121 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 132 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 573 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 277 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 124 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 880
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 519
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 246
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 243
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 168