System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- Value pricing 89 4
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 712 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 93 3
- Cash flow 130 2
- I have a pain 623 5
- convert directors loan account to share capital 132 4
- New use of home - simplified method 194 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 254 5
- company secretarial software 89 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 345 13
- Rental Income 253 3
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,929 32
- Share restructure 326 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 141 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,806 14
- P11d error 423 9
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 167 1
- Associated companies 116 1
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 504 8
- Paperless office question 209 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 725
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 495
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 339
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 333
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- VAT on Gaming Machines 208
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 196
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 179
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 172
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 165