System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 665 5
- See you all on the other side 713 6
- 12Pay 476 2
- dividends 648 2
- R&D 334 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,196 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 447 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 433 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 386 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 555 5
- Seeking a tax case 658 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 517 4
- Companies house strike off 581 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 445 2
- Moving to the cloud 756 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 220 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 914 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 221 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,096 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 511 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 565
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 422
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 375
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 332
- USA help 320
- Marginal rates of tax 312
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 309
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 296
- Class 2 NI 292