System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 781 20
- Help with HMRC investigation 350 7
- SMP reclaimable by employer 161 4
- Yorkshire Day 66 3
- Incorporated when they should not have 361 11
- Directors pay adjustment from 1k to the magic 833.33 58 1
- Accountancy Career 394 6
- Employee and subcontractor 146 2
- calculation DTR restriction 120 2
- R&D tax credit claim 568 8
- Agent help line - long queues? 80 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,757 40
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 149 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,081 66
- Accounts Software 276 10
- Company Director In Prison 524 12
- Flat rate VAT 181 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,432 23
- Deduction from Salary 874 23
- National insurance contributions 132 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 687
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 541
- Cancelled 431
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Probiz 339
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 331
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 245
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 207