System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- Microsoft One Drive 189 5
- Accounts Package 188 7
- Question about VAT Group Registration 94 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 636 18
- Not a question but made my day 540 13
- Does reputation of a tax agent affect likelihood of a HMRC audit 197 3
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 261 3
- Travel expenses for director - flight 360 3
- Repayment of Share Capital 389 8
- VAT on property 105 1
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 251 4
- PPR ELECTION 306 9
- Late night meals self employed 352 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 415 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 268 1
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,835 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 123 1
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,876 25
- Audacity 1,222 21
- 2014/15 Forms P11D and P11D(b) 262 1
- NHS finance professionals 572
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 377
- Foreign Pension Contribution 346
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 329
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 310
- vat gross profit percentage margins 307
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 283
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 251
- Thinning income 229
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 203