System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- Cash injection by shareholder 19 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 255 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 275 4
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 150 3
- PRR 184 11
- corp tax software 334 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,073 54
- Pension Contributions Relief 435 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 456 7
- Which tax box 177 2
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 127 1
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 93 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 214 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 201 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,441 423
- References for clients 186 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 137 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 94 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 313 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 127 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,294
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 460
- National Insurance 358
- Non Resident 275
- Franchise income and costs 251
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 163
- Employer's Helpline 157
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 134