System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- You know its over 416 5
- Am I getting Soft?? 108 8
- Benefit in Kind 178 4
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 127 1
- Deferred Tax 413 6
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 200 3
- Wrong tax code 71 4
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,257 14
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 222 1
- Cocaine anyone? 578 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 107 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 175 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 296 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 479 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,294 8
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 995 29
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 532 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 263 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 218 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 205 2
- Hive up 498
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 467
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 284
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 225
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 210
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 189
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 187
- UK State pension paid in NZ 160