System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- Overseas company and VAT 9 1
- Market Value/Connected Persons 200 8
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 87 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 144 4
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 126 2
- Personal allowance 422 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 462 12
- Scams are not always obvious 697 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 135 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 137 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 100 3
- Related party disclosures 174 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 183 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 92 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 620 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 250 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 257 8
- Is this legal? 627 9
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,998 23
- Cells from many sheets 129 2
- New Fangled Penalties 1,043
- Moving away from CCH software 905
- Recruitment agencies 529
- QROP pension input amounts 412
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 363
- Deemed Employment Payment 346
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 308
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 300
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 221
- fraud 219