System failure 1000 when filing return
We are submitting P35 and P14 returns via the Internet using third party software (TPS Webwages/The Payroll Site).
We've had inexplicable authentication errors before but this year we seem to be getting occasional system errors. They don't happen often and submitting the identical return again will generally cure the problem. We've seen these errors both when submitting a return and when listing the documents on the gateway.
Is anyone else getting these errors and is there a trend we can spot? I suspect that the errors happen on days when their systems are particularly busy, which makes me nervous about how it is going to cope next month.
The error returned by the government gateway is
Error number 1000 "System failure. The submission of this document has failed due to an internal system error."
I've spoken to HMRC - both the technical services helpdesk and the SDS team and they are aware some people are getting this error but they don't know what is causing it. They suggest submitting the return again until it suceeds, which seems to work so far.
- New Practice 40 2
- HMRC 2009/10 Return 221 3
- Data Protection and emailing documents 1,113 16
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 79 1
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 45 1
- Taxfiler V's BTC 601 23
- Goods Purchased for Rental 502 28
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,983 25
- Does anyone have a formula to compare employment to self-employment rates? 422 8
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 750 25
- Valuation of business 303 5
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 152 7
- Dividend Payments 409 10
- I.d for vat registration 171 7
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 138 4
- builder's 'cost only' job 180 1
- Myfirmsapp 630 13
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 283 1
- Completing Self-Assessment for a Director of Owner Managed Business 183 3
- CIS Deductions 143 2
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,009
- International interest certificate 588
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 512
- NOVA 470
- Bonus Bonds 355
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 335
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 257
- Payment for Promotional Samples 229
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 222
- Quickbooks 2015 152