T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 878 19
- Opening Balances 60 1
- Legal title not in the company name 310 11
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 199 2
- Employment Allowance 242 3
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 164 4
- CIC Company 526 7
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,354 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 299 4
- NALS Accountants Report 130 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,488 35
- Dividend dates 579 10
- Sole properietor 208 4
- transitioning payroll 262 8
- dividend proposals 143 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 253 2
- Deduction from Salary 319 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 219 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,758 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 103 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 625
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 345
- Cancelled 313
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 284
- Probiz 274
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 235
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 231
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 206
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 177