T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 83 1
- "Audit Report" 136 2
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 751 19
- When are ltd companies "associated" for Vat and tax purposes? 93 1
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 205 4
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,334 14
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 194 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 220 2
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 499 13
- Coding Notice 244 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 266 6
- New business - journal entries 427 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 236 3
- Payroll software 665 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 293 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 411 10
- B2B vat in the EU 203 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 216 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 244 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 213 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 899
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 726
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 418
- Social investment tax relief 225
- Digita Hosted Software 219
- accounting for this transaction 208
- Call Centre Data Costs 206
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 186
- Travel costs and contractors 179
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 178