T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- VAT B2B EU service - curious 113 1
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,173 41
- Flat Rate VAT 251 8
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 708 15
- Practice software 1,185 17
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 315 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 536 11
- Invoicing for monthly clients 498 8
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 236 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 571 8
- Redundancy pay 324 9
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 236 2
- VAT on farm machinery sold 267 5
- Servicing AE fees 189 2
- VAT Receipts 278 8
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 173 2
- P800 problems again 127 1
- Company accounts for £350 996 27
- Directors Loan Account Question 447 12
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 162 4
- FRS 101 Software 347
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 308
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 299
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 275
- French ConnectionUK 242
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 218
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 205
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 203
- APN's 187
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 184