T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 392 7
- Directors and unemployment benefit 257 12
- new capital structure ltd with investors 247 3
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 369 8
- Have I made a mistake... 697 6
- Directors need for self assessment? 647 19
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,529 21
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 185 6
- How do you account in the VAT return for 209 3
- Dividend Vouchers 113 1
- Night out allowance 305 2
- Missing accountant! 1,240 5
- Sage Import Data 110 2
- Selling a company asset below market value 263 3
- Paying Personal Allowance in one go 302 6
- CT loss memorandum 79 1
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 226 3
- Property Development 415 9
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 279 6
- MAAT vs ACCA 2,282 41
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 412
- CTA study material 377
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 278
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 256
- Pre incorp expenses 217
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 207
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 195
- Slight twist on employment related securities 185
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 132
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 125