T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- 10 year debentures and CT 43 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 55 2
- VAT on garage rent 72 7
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 225 8
- Tasks for new trainees 101 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 58 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 37 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 542 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 95 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,630 46
- Property scam victim 292 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 214 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 242 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,800 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 159 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 132 2
- Partnership returns software 86 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 267 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 69 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 90 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,083
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 571
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 381
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 285
- Charge out rates in London? 238
- Interest on Loan to a Company 184
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 171
- Agent fees to sell business 161
- Alphabet shares 157
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 150