T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- Late VAT registration penalty 122 4
- Auto-Enrolment 3,228 159
- How to consolidate an LLP? 209 7
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 110 4
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 176 4
- Accounting for a VAT Group 52 1
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 516 2
- Research expenses for authors 194 3
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 73 2
- HMRC website 103 1
- VAT 66 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 374 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 122 1
- Pricing 237 8
- Sage error message 70 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 211 8
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 244 3
- Money laundering POCA 227 4
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 115 1
- P11d mistake 137 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 502
- Skandia using wrong address 451
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 242
- Employee rewards 238
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 209
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 187
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 183
- Etax Australian 153