T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 469 10
- Declined for business bank account 249 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,629 284
- Help with Mortgage Application? 483 7
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 183 3
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 213 10
- Standard 'email' template system 883 14
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,029 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 219 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 96 1
- Circular shareholding 236 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 193 6
- business card address 313 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 214 2
- Loan to a related company 110 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 663 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 339 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 275 8
- property rental income split 136 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 139 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,116
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 368
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 240
- Payments on account coded out?? 230
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 223
- Non Resident 188
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 184
- Franchise income and costs 178