T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 355 17
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 65 4
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 559 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 79 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 270 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 124 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 530 11
- Flat rate vat error 331 7
- EC VAT 213 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 533 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 289 14
- can I claim a per diem 271 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 141 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,380 8
- VAT on part of a closed pub 249 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 111 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 301 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 540 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 868 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 170 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 843
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 509
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 322
- How to format a stock book 292
- Tax efficient holding company structure 230
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 230
- Investment property company accounts template 220
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 214
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 184
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182