T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- Tax - Paying Yearly 151 7
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 119 1
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 161 3
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 176 1
- charities 206 3
- Anyone using PracticePA? 222 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 424 4
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 273 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 97 1
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 173 2
- New company uses old Bank Account 213 2
- converting garage to use as office 277 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 647 13
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 124 2
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 328 7
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,182 11
- Strike off 434 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 144 2
- auto enrolment 284 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 331 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 375
- Any thoughts on Capium? 331
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 293
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 267
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 252
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 228
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 164
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- APN's 157