T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,139 21
- Exemption from CGT 306 3
- Do I need to register for VAT 50 6
- Amend a 2010/11 return 208 2
- Owner director gym membership 77 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,416 34
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 233 2
- Capital Gains 206 2
- VAT - Check on clients business 664 27
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 111 2
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 235 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,167 22
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 455 6
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,419 30
- Bankstream 842 20
- Compare 2 lists 1,688 30
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 222 2
- UK tax on sale of Italian shares 228 3
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 156 1
- How to deal with prior year error 238 2