T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 221 8
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 605 12
- What does it mean?? 246 7
- Notes to statutory accounts 247 13
- Auto enrolment 974 11
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 115 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 299 7
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 277 7
- another ir35!!!! 1,008 6
- Gifting shares 244 5
- Tax Credit Overpayment 229 8
- A question about share structure 189 3
- Holding companies 136 5
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 100 2
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 531 6
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 204 6
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 101 2
- Donations/grants by a CIC 171 1
- VAT Registration 401 18
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 681 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,528
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 839
- International interest certificate 457
- NOVA 315
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 205
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 204
- Bonus Bonds 199
- Management expenses for investment company 192
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 180
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 168