T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- Company formation and bank account 208 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 635 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,521 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 498 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 391 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 181 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 390 8
- OneNote is fantastic 471 11
- VAT Direct Debit 353 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 436 8
- Self Assessment Software 682 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 434 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,349 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 246 11
- Owning overseas property 236 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 345 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 281 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 690 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,148 21
- PPR on a development? 241 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 651
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 400
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 388
- 2015 tax year end 382
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 381
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 265
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 236
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230