T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 131 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 135 3
- Capital Gain? 515 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 231 5
- Sell business after leaving country 139 2
- How much to charge? 252 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 182 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 639 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 244 2
- break even point 596 18
- Simple consolidation question 129 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 394 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,002 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 406 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 207 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 295 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 185 4
- IHT Query 253 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- BrightPay 700 22
- Possible Partnership? 468
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 444
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 431
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 235
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 230
- Clubs and Taxable Income 221
- New Fangled Penalties 220
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 216
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 188
- Loans to other companies 169