T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,353 6
- Accounting for share for share 67 5
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 30 2
- Penalties for non-filing of EC Sales List 22 1
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 192 5
- dreaded p11d dispensation 141 5
- What should I do for 'free' 700 8
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 269 2
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 305 8
- Sportman claiming for training kit 80 2
- Use of home for storage 385 7
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 105 1
- Company Accounts 308 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,469 349
- disclosue checklist 93 2
- Mortgage deposit Gift 542 25
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 70 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,471 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 222 7
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 227 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,195
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 312
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 240
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 228
- Franchise income and costs 209
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 196