T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- fraud 357 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 179 3
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 114 2
- Which purchase date should I consider in the asset register 182 2
- UK property, split year non-UK reisdent help 67 1
- VAT on employee loan 347 6
- Interest, surcharges and interest on late payment of tax 152 3
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 283 9
- Auto enrolment 1,479 14
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 173 3
- Client's company struck off 609 17
- Extension of lease in flat management company 109 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 200 7
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 351 9
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 115 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 205 3
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 144 3
- Anyone had this problem?? 729 19
- Input VAT suffered in EU 162 3
- Investment property? 108 2
- QROP pension input amounts 471
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 428
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 409
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 259
- EPS and CIS deductions 251
- Construction CIS LLP Company 243
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 201
- SAGE winforecast 175
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 167
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 158