T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 72 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,260 19
- Scanners 168 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 83 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 158 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 232 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 402 9
- Payment plans for clients 121 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 227 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 242 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 446 9
- P60 or payslips? 95 1
- Property income in different capacities 107 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 191 1
- IT advisory questions? 179 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 795 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 146 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 528 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,159
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 798
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 488
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 272
- Director phone costs 236
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 201
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 137