T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 502 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 263 4
- Late registration for MOSS 195 4
- Professional Clearance 1,004 24
- Self employed care worker 402 9
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 230 5
- Client right to working papers 136 2
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 317 7
- Illegal share transfer 422 5
- Audacity 851 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 143 2
- Company Strike off 1,795 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,072 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 366 3
- Estate admin practicalities 204 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,471 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 310 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,773 31
- Joint owners of rental properties 336 6
- Capital stated on incorporation too low by several orders of magnitude. 328 2
- NHS finance professionals 525
- VAL231 406
- Mother and son property ownership 363
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 352
- Foreign Pension Contribution 327
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 301
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 279
- vat gross profit percentage margins 266
- Incorporated LLP partners, CIS and IR35 261
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 243