T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 709 5
- See you all on the other side 735 6
- 12Pay 502 2
- dividends 705 2
- R&D 356 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,215 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 468 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 459 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 410 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 567 5
- Seeking a tax case 676 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 537 4
- Companies house strike off 631 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 473 2
- Moving to the cloud 773 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 934 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 231 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,112 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 526 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 571
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 427
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 361
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 343
- Capitalising Finance Lease 339
- Marginal rates of tax 327
- USA help 326
- Class 2 NI 318
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 302