T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- Year end 35 1
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 38 3
- Refusing to complete a tax return 197 8
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 381 13
- What sectors to target? 259 10
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 140 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 866 31
- IHT and cash gifts 165 4
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 701 32
- Practice management 200 3
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 361 1
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 426 4
- Flat Conversion Allowance 83 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 251 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 97 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 174 7
- Clothing 262 4
- VAT registration transfer 173 3
- Sponsorship & VAT 113 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 172 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 910
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 621
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 583
- Latest phishing scam 545
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 383
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 286
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 206
- Capital allowances in first basis period 194
- Sabbatical payments 182
- Scratch Head 164