T 64-8's & 4X the Work!
The Pensions Service were sent our client's authorisation - it had to be a letter - a general 64-8 will not do because the Pensions Service is not joined up with the NIC Office - even though they [ the PS] take their data from the NICO; mmm wonder about data protection issues here?
Any way this authority was sent to the PS on August 23rd - not yet processed thus far; therefore the PS can't talk to me about their records of the NIC's that our client has made. Helpfully the PS provided the telephone number of the NICO; which I then called:
[As a result of this call I have faxed the NICO thus]
"1 I had been told to call your office by the Pensions Service who get their data from you.
2 I was courteously dealt with all of the time by Kirby.
3 I was informed that in spite of there being a form 64-8 in place for us on the HMRC web site that one WAS NOT in place for our client on your system! Therefore I would have to complete and send a new one to you.
3A Consider the implications for our 269 clients: We have now to send you a fax listing those clients; you now have to check EVERY one against your non-integrated records; then you send us forms 64-8 for the number you don't have records for = print & additional postage costs; we send them (postage and stationery costs) to our client; who return them to us (postage & stationery costs; we then forward them to you (postage & stationery costs) ; you input them (staff time costs) to authorise us - in a duplicate of what is happening within SA!
3B Therefore in the spirit of co-operation I will pass a copy of this fax to Accountingweb so that the other practitioners in the UK can do the same - ensuring that your records are accurate.
4 This fax is being sent to this number because Kirby did not have access to a directory of fax numbers in the building and could only suggest that I telephone ANOTHER number to obtain it - what a ridiculous situation for her to be in.
Therefore your service delivery is poor and I want to know why you are spending taxpayers money in not integrating information and why I have to go to ridiculous efforts to resolve a simple query?"
I urge all practices to fax the NICO with their client list to ensure that they ARE on the NICO's system - otherwise BEWARE!
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 307 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 122 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 196 4
- Rental property company 100 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 279 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 250 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 379 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 144 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 187 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 313 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 143 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 482 5
- Director's tax return 395 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 180 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,129 34
- Flat rate vat 231 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 193 5
- Coming in from the cold 386 3
- Splitting the tax year 188 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 224 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 816
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 566
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 434
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 313
- Free Tax Legislation? 289
- Director Loan account operation 269
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 254
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 234
- Paye procedures for CVA 174