Tax Credits - £25,000 increase in income.
I have a client who is intending to take an unpaid sabbatical off work for most of 2009/10 tax year. I am looking at the tax credit position for him.
- 2008/09 joint income is approx £30,000.
- 2009/10 joint income is expected to be £10,000. Because of number of children, this would give them a significant tax credits award.
- 2010/11 client intends to return to work, producing joint income back at £30,000.
Am I correct in my understand that the 2010/11 tax credits will be based upon the 2009/10 income and, as the increase in income for 2010/11 is less than £25,000, no clawback will take place ?
Is this too good to be true ?
- Limited company buying a car 165 5
- Do I need to pay my accountant 88 1
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 297 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 464 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 561 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 200 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 291 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 120 2
- ACCA practice certificates 500 5
- Limited company buying director's car 297 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 83 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 116 1
- WC's and capital allowances 176 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 316 13
- Dress code 1,550 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 484 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 264 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 385 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 476 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 200 4
- CTA study material 771
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 483
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 400
- Employment related securities question 310
- AIM Stocks and IHT 282
- Expat pension contributions? 260
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 259
- Trust for Employee 239
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 185
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149