Tax Credits - £25,000 increase in income.
I have a client who is intending to take an unpaid sabbatical off work for most of 2009/10 tax year. I am looking at the tax credit position for him.
- 2008/09 joint income is approx £30,000.
- 2009/10 joint income is expected to be £10,000. Because of number of children, this would give them a significant tax credits award.
- 2010/11 client intends to return to work, producing joint income back at £30,000.
Am I correct in my understand that the 2010/11 tax credits will be based upon the 2009/10 income and, as the increase in income for 2010/11 is less than £25,000, no clawback will take place ?
Is this too good to be true ?
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,288 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 79 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 272 12
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 131 3
- VAT on motor expenses 877 31
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 153 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 179 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 151 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 734 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 381 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 194 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 322 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 100 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 387 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 90 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 321 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 399 9
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 133 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 96 1
- VAT Registration 455 19
- Skandia using wrong address 1,540
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 847
- International interest certificate 466
- NOVA 324
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 224
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 215
- Bonus Bonds 205
- Management expenses for investment company 201
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 193
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 179