Tax Credits - £25,000 increase in income.
I have a client who is intending to take an unpaid sabbatical off work for most of 2009/10 tax year. I am looking at the tax credit position for him.
- 2008/09 joint income is approx £30,000.
- 2009/10 joint income is expected to be £10,000. Because of number of children, this would give them a significant tax credits award.
- 2010/11 client intends to return to work, producing joint income back at £30,000.
Am I correct in my understand that the 2010/11 tax credits will be based upon the 2009/10 income and, as the increase in income for 2010/11 is less than £25,000, no clawback will take place ?
Is this too good to be true ?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,441 51
- Payroll Software Recommendations 138 4
- Free accounts system for small business? 37 2
- saturday staff 209 2
- Electronic v printed payslips 206 4
- Is anyone using micro entity accounts 859 13
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 356 5
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 770 7
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 189 3
- Fee protection 1,008 20
- Received a CIS invoice 117 2
- PPR Sanity Check 97 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 478 3
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 167 2
- Incorporation and goodwill 196 3
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 312 3
- Industrial & Provident Societies 386 3
- Self assesment losses 380 9
- Disposal of an opted property 215 3
- Payroll systems 463 7
- Xtuple 573
- Qtac payroll for bureau 396
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 348
- Domain name sale and limited company 245
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 225
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 217
- Tax on damages received 194
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 188
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 156
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 150