Tax Credits - £25,000 increase in income.
I have a client who is intending to take an unpaid sabbatical off work for most of 2009/10 tax year. I am looking at the tax credit position for him.
- 2008/09 joint income is approx £30,000.
- 2009/10 joint income is expected to be £10,000. Because of number of children, this would give them a significant tax credits award.
- 2010/11 client intends to return to work, producing joint income back at £30,000.
Am I correct in my understand that the 2010/11 tax credits will be based upon the 2009/10 income and, as the increase in income for 2010/11 is less than £25,000, no clawback will take place ?
Is this too good to be true ?
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 421 24
- what time is it ? 244 3
- VAT on disbursement 159 2
- Business Christmas Greetings 984 18
- tax credits 192 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,026 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 79 1
- LLP - Member leaving 184 6
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 731 21
- Year end 239 3
- Foreign income for self employed 168 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 296 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 308 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,140 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 243 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 610 21
- How would you account for warranty? 179 4
- Sweet Tooth 229 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 207 2
- trading or dormant 135 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 900
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 524
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 335
- How to format a stock book 316
- Tax efficient holding company structure 253
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 246
- Investment property company accounts template 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 195
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 179
- Charge out rates in London? 154