Tax Credits - £25,000 increase in income.
I have a client who is intending to take an unpaid sabbatical off work for most of 2009/10 tax year. I am looking at the tax credit position for him.
- 2008/09 joint income is approx £30,000.
- 2009/10 joint income is expected to be £10,000. Because of number of children, this would give them a significant tax credits award.
- 2010/11 client intends to return to work, producing joint income back at £30,000.
Am I correct in my understand that the 2010/11 tax credits will be based upon the 2009/10 income and, as the increase in income for 2010/11 is less than £25,000, no clawback will take place ?
Is this too good to be true ?
- Sports Sponsorship 21 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 423 14
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 183 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 191 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 81 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,249 14
- Best software for small practice? 524 19
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 68 3
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 327 12
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,237 21
- HMRC Enquiry 425 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 151 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 278 4
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,394 16
- Long/Short Period of Account 160 3
- Another HMRC Cock Up 758 7
- Directors' advances and credits 346 1
- HMRC Statements 351 5
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 546 7
- Goodwill on incorporation low level valuations 259 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 763
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 452
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 219
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 193
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 190
- Capital Gains personal representatives 177