Tax Credits - £25,000 increase in income.
I have a client who is intending to take an unpaid sabbatical off work for most of 2009/10 tax year. I am looking at the tax credit position for him.
- 2008/09 joint income is approx £30,000.
- 2009/10 joint income is expected to be £10,000. Because of number of children, this would give them a significant tax credits award.
- 2010/11 client intends to return to work, producing joint income back at £30,000.
Am I correct in my understand that the 2010/11 tax credits will be based upon the 2009/10 income and, as the increase in income for 2010/11 is less than £25,000, no clawback will take place ?
Is this too good to be true ?
- The stupidity continues 611 23
- transactions after account have been closed 160 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 159 5
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 527 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 216 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 119 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,339 25
- New Employers Helpline 205 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 219 3
- Software recommendations 276 1
- Share transfer question 376 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 325 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 180 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,454 19
- Overlap relief 758 19
- What is IRIS World like? 367 8
- Pension contributions 381 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 510 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 205 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 285 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 439
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 434
- WIP Software 299
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 234
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 231
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 207
- Is there anything wrong with this? 202
- Small Part Disposal of Property 189
- Uncommercial property business 181