Tax Credits - £25,000 increase in income.
I have a client who is intending to take an unpaid sabbatical off work for most of 2009/10 tax year. I am looking at the tax credit position for him.
- 2008/09 joint income is approx £30,000.
- 2009/10 joint income is expected to be £10,000. Because of number of children, this would give them a significant tax credits award.
- 2010/11 client intends to return to work, producing joint income back at £30,000.
Am I correct in my understand that the 2010/11 tax credits will be based upon the 2009/10 income and, as the increase in income for 2010/11 is less than £25,000, no clawback will take place ?
Is this too good to be true ?
- Victor Meldrew morning 993 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 75 1
- LLP - Member leaving 173 6
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 714 21
- Year end 214 3
- tax credits 179 7
- Foreign income for self employed 156 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 280 9
- what time is it ? 164 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 290 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,105 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 233 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 592 21
- How would you account for warranty? 170 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 409 22
- Sweet Tooth 219 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 192 2
- trading or dormant 132 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 149 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 580 11
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 891
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 520
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 314
- Tax efficient holding company structure 249
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 244
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 172
- Charge out rates in London? 153