Tax Credits - £25,000 increase in income.
I have a client who is intending to take an unpaid sabbatical off work for most of 2009/10 tax year. I am looking at the tax credit position for him.
- 2008/09 joint income is approx £30,000.
- 2009/10 joint income is expected to be £10,000. Because of number of children, this would give them a significant tax credits award.
- 2010/11 client intends to return to work, producing joint income back at £30,000.
Am I correct in my understand that the 2010/11 tax credits will be based upon the 2009/10 income and, as the increase in income for 2010/11 is less than £25,000, no clawback will take place ?
Is this too good to be true ?
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 499 16
- Large director's pension contribution 372 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 47 1
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 337 5
- Auto Enrolment 54 1
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 294 8
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 565 13
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 152 8
- will this work for IHT 298 3
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 185 3
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 186 2
- Online or Paper 64-8? 380 7
- Notes on related parties 112 4
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 288 2
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 613 6
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 587 20
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 432 8
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 461 9
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 593 9
- iris update 11.9.2 403 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 775
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 460
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 277
- DTA tie-breaker issue 268
- CGT for NOn UK residents 228
- Apprenticeship Levy 204
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 198
- Capital Gains personal representatives 185
- Just checking re PSA 181
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 173