Tax Period for an LLP
I have a new client which is an LLP, and this is the first time I have done one. I hadn't realised how different they were! It doesn't appear to follow the rules of a limited company, nor a partnership - so I've spent ages researching it.
The LLP was incorporated on 15 July 2008 and the year-end is 31 July 2009.
I read the following: "In general, the tax return will include the results for the accounting period ended within the fiscal year. For example, if an LLP has a 30 June year end, the 2009/10 return would include results for the accounting period ended 30 June 2009." It does though state that there are special rules that apply if there is no accounting period ended in the tax year - so this LLP was trading in 2008/9 but didn't have an accounting period end. Or does this not matter if it only started in that year?
Can you please tell me whether the whole period is dealt with under the 2009/10 return, or whether it has to be split between the 2008/9 and 2009/10 year-ends.
The client only approached me 2 weeks ago, and they hadn't registered the LLP with HMRC (a different story altogether), so I want to make sure I'm clear on the tax requirements here.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
- Error or mistake in CT return 309 1
- Where has Portia gone? 980 42
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 190 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 344 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 65 1
- deceased creditor 35 1
- Transfer of stock 348 12
- Holiday entitlement 537 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 333 7
- HMRC manual ESSM 187 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 249 3
- Football Agent Fees 728 23
- Tax avoidance - Doyou know of a better approval? 637 4
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 499 14
- Dir optimum salary 15/16 1,419 22
- Valuation of rental property for the new non-resident CGT rules 162 1
- Rogue Accountant 2,926 48
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 1,733 35
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 255 8
- Seafarers earnings deduction 227 4
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 777
- RTI - duplicate employee record 517
- Pensions Regulator 442
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 400
- Sage Vat return box 2 298
- Sanzar 297
- Digital marketing focus group 281
- How do you do it 266
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 232
- Report old income 232