Tax Period for an LLP
I have a new client which is an LLP, and this is the first time I have done one. I hadn't realised how different they were! It doesn't appear to follow the rules of a limited company, nor a partnership - so I've spent ages researching it.
The LLP was incorporated on 15 July 2008 and the year-end is 31 July 2009.
I read the following: "In general, the tax return will include the results for the accounting period ended within the fiscal year. For example, if an LLP has a 30 June year end, the 2009/10 return would include results for the accounting period ended 30 June 2009." It does though state that there are special rules that apply if there is no accounting period ended in the tax year - so this LLP was trading in 2008/9 but didn't have an accounting period end. Or does this not matter if it only started in that year?
Can you please tell me whether the whole period is dealt with under the 2009/10 return, or whether it has to be split between the 2008/9 and 2009/10 year-ends.
The client only approached me 2 weeks ago, and they hadn't registered the LLP with HMRC (a different story altogether), so I want to make sure I'm clear on the tax requirements here.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
- When are ltd companies "associated" for Vat and tax purposes? 74 1
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 204 4
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,333 14
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 187 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 215 2
- "Audit Report" 126 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 495 13
- Coding Notice 238 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 259 6
- New business - journal entries 426 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 235 3
- Payroll software 663 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 287 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 408 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 743 18
- B2B vat in the EU 200 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 212 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 243 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 206 4
- LLP as member of LLP 149 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 895
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 725
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 417
- Social investment tax relief 224
- Digita Hosted Software 218
- accounting for this transaction 207
- Call Centre Data Costs 205
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 183
- Travel costs and contractors 178
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 177