Tax Period for an LLP
I have a new client which is an LLP, and this is the first time I have done one. I hadn't realised how different they were! It doesn't appear to follow the rules of a limited company, nor a partnership - so I've spent ages researching it.
The LLP was incorporated on 15 July 2008 and the year-end is 31 July 2009.
I read the following: "In general, the tax return will include the results for the accounting period ended within the fiscal year. For example, if an LLP has a 30 June year end, the 2009/10 return would include results for the accounting period ended 30 June 2009." It does though state that there are special rules that apply if there is no accounting period ended in the tax year - so this LLP was trading in 2008/9 but didn't have an accounting period end. Or does this not matter if it only started in that year?
Can you please tell me whether the whole period is dealt with under the 2009/10 return, or whether it has to be split between the 2008/9 and 2009/10 year-ends.
The client only approached me 2 weeks ago, and they hadn't registered the LLP with HMRC (a different story altogether), so I want to make sure I'm clear on the tax requirements here.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,663 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 285 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 178 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 67 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 210 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 814 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 102 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 118 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 494 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 369 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 498 20
- trading losses allowable? 760 14
- Post AAT? 690 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 146 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2