Tax Period for an LLP
I have a new client which is an LLP, and this is the first time I have done one. I hadn't realised how different they were! It doesn't appear to follow the rules of a limited company, nor a partnership - so I've spent ages researching it.
The LLP was incorporated on 15 July 2008 and the year-end is 31 July 2009.
I read the following: "In general, the tax return will include the results for the accounting period ended within the fiscal year. For example, if an LLP has a 30 June year end, the 2009/10 return would include results for the accounting period ended 30 June 2009." It does though state that there are special rules that apply if there is no accounting period ended in the tax year - so this LLP was trading in 2008/9 but didn't have an accounting period end. Or does this not matter if it only started in that year?
Can you please tell me whether the whole period is dealt with under the 2009/10 return, or whether it has to be split between the 2008/9 and 2009/10 year-ends.
The client only approached me 2 weeks ago, and they hadn't registered the LLP with HMRC (a different story altogether), so I want to make sure I'm clear on the tax requirements here.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
- Claiming VAT on car lease 226 16
- Is it just me ... 62 3
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 49 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 76 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 296 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 99 1
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 198 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,399 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 82 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 343 14
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 246 5
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,136 27
- How to network with other Accountants? 579 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 532 21
- Advice for new build property 116 3
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 293 5
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 291 8
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 233 3
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 161 1
- Sage Line 50 110 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 530
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 402
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 349
- Electric Car 286
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 173
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 165
- AIA 160
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153