Tax Period for an LLP
I have a new client which is an LLP, and this is the first time I have done one. I hadn't realised how different they were! It doesn't appear to follow the rules of a limited company, nor a partnership - so I've spent ages researching it.
The LLP was incorporated on 15 July 2008 and the year-end is 31 July 2009.
I read the following: "In general, the tax return will include the results for the accounting period ended within the fiscal year. For example, if an LLP has a 30 June year end, the 2009/10 return would include results for the accounting period ended 30 June 2009." It does though state that there are special rules that apply if there is no accounting period ended in the tax year - so this LLP was trading in 2008/9 but didn't have an accounting period end. Or does this not matter if it only started in that year?
Can you please tell me whether the whole period is dealt with under the 2009/10 return, or whether it has to be split between the 2008/9 and 2009/10 year-ends.
The client only approached me 2 weeks ago, and they hadn't registered the LLP with HMRC (a different story altogether), so I want to make sure I'm clear on the tax requirements here.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 223 9
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 95 3
- Anybody still doing returns? 509 21
- no utr 217 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,084 49
- Designated sole Residence 40 1
- Director drawings 570 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 251 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 46 1
- Capital Loss 74 3
- HMRC filing meltdown? 794 25
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 649 14
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 402 6
- LLP formed in 2013 66 1
- Clothing 472 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 156 7
- Practice management 435 8
- Interest on pre-letting? 124 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,684 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,702 22
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 945
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 659
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 616
- Latest phishing scam 593
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 429
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 320
- Scratch Head 258
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 245
- Sabbatical payments 210
- Negligible Value Claim 188