I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 314 7
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 485 11
- HMRC Property campaign 753 10
- Estate agent and VAT registration 177 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 81 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 342 12
- CIC Company 474 4
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 80 1
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 112 1
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 518 8
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,911 48
- Small company audit 277 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 218 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 227 5
- Problem partnership fees 144 1
- Car financed by employee 131 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 135 1
- Undisclosed income 224 3
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 309 8
- Private Investment Company 150 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 608
- Cancelled 355
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 337
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 263
- Probiz 250
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 206
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 194
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 191
- Car leasing scheme 188