I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 504 9
- Incapable of reading 204 2
- Using VT Transactions + for first time .. struggling with flat rate VAT 183 3
- How much to charge 284 4
- How to pay national insurance 231 8
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 236 4
- Government Gateway 1,008 16
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,585 11
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 216 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 107 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 127 2
- P11D Rejection 389 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 557 14
- Selling a practice 380 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,297 20
- Overlap relief 475 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 174 1
- Dormant payroll 853 9
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 198 1
- "Can your client afford the following" 1,376 21
- Theatre Tax Relief 447
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 350
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 343
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 315
- Perkbox 280
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 251
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 246
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 244
- Document Management Systems 219
- WIP Software 209