I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- Flat rate vat 270 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 220 6
- Rental property company 161 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 148 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 396 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 419 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 318 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,460 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,179 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 381 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 283 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 277 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 396 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 195 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 214 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 159 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 536 5
- Director's tax return 417 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 199 3
- Coming in from the cold 421 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 831
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 446
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 297
- Director Loan account operation 282
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 269
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 241
- Paye procedures for CVA 183