I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,120 40
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 108 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 169 5
- Redundancy pay 258 7
- Software for Accounts layout 241 4
- Flat Rate VAT 109 4
- VAT Receipts 214 7
- Today's HMRC Business Help & Support SA302s 179 6
- Debt management unit HMRC 101 1
- How to report under-declaration on next VAT100? 94 1
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 167 4
- Company accounts for £350 889 26
- Mandatory Capitalisation 220 3
- Practice software 1,134 16
- A different accounts production software request 181 2
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,543 16
- Marriage Allowance Transfer 301 9
- new dividend allowance 347 5
- Identity Checks 323 8
- Allowable expenses on retal property 557 14
- FRS 101 Software 319
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 299
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 291
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 268
- French ConnectionUK 233
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 206
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 201
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 198
- APN's 183
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 177