I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 70 1
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 154 4
- Late reply from HMRC 226 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 273 6
- VAT silly question 2,338 55
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,620 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,405 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,781 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 493 11
- Classic cars investment 184 5
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 197 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 226 8
- RTI - new employee 185 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 598 22
- H&W company 133 2
- BrightPay 546 14
- VAT registration 138 1
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 127 1
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,103 29
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 248 6
- Benchmarking 480
- Possible Partnership? 426
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 405
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 399
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 344
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 202
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 195
- Income tax on foreign dividends 181
- Clubs and Taxable Income 179
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 177