I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 102 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 158 3
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 182 2
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 157 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 142 4
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 167 6
- IHT - clawback of BPR 31 1
- EIS - connection through employment 82 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 221 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 29 1
- CIS and Close Company 67 2
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 217 4
- Secondment expenses 146 3
- VAT Option to tax 436 15
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 108 4
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 100 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 135 3
- VAT Registration 323 5
- should Van be included in plant or motor vehicles? 97 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 262 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 904
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 635
- Free Tax Legislation? 397
- Director Loan account operation 394
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 323
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 316
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 222
- Paye procedures for CVA 217
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 180