I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 386 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,574 32
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 78 1
- Renting property to yourself 286 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 378 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 88 4
- register as self employed? 98 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 102 1
- VAT enquiry 66 1
- Write off of former director's loan 207 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 239 4
- Capital gain or not? 124 3
- EC VAT 154 5
- Accountant software 248 3
- Forecasting Software 194 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,834 21
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 394 5
- Which software for practice books? 284 5
- Employer wishes to meet the cost of a number of employees childcare costs 111 3
- LTD company late penalties 256 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 627
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 480
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 448
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 274
- How to format a stock book 228
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 192
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 180
- Tax efficient holding company structure 167
- Investment property company accounts template 159
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 149