I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- Lorry Drivers 74 1
- VAT 104 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 127 6
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 822 18
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 586 7
- Rental Income Tax Planning 192 3
- Vat 64 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,800 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 109 2
- Partially exempt? 195 6
- Incorporation Relief 111 2
- First VAT Visit for client 121 2
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 239 11
- capital gains on PPR 1,431 21
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 310 9
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 232 14
- What type of Trust? 144 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 135 5
- OBK 606 19
- Instant CPD offer 162 2
- Skandia using wrong address 469
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 270
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 265
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 210
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 209
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 194
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155