I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- Property sale split between years 169 6
- Getting fees, getting harder? 976 25
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 259 8
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,121 36
- Classes 2 and 4 NI for sole trader also employed 39 1
- CIS Deductions 275 8
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 155 4
- sole trader to ltd company 122 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,100 33
- Spousal transfer and PPR 318 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 249 7
- Dual taxation - usa 186 2
- My house has fallen down 479 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 116 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 286 10
- Inheritance Tax Advice 123 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 129 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 572 8
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 290 4
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 208 2
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 641
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 325
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 324
- Using the correct forms 299
- SA penalty proposals 297
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 188