I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- format cell to exclude decimals 30 2
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 170 3
- Entrepreeur's relief 22 1
- A trust shall not want for a trustee 46 1
- Settlement discount 204 5
- IT advisory questions? 304 8
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,569 21
- experian and credit agencies 78 1
- Homing sandwiches 568 13
- Limited company to community interest company 60 1
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 479 10
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 211 5
- Error in audited accounts 240 3
- CIS software 134 3
- Pratice Management Software 214 3
- Use of home query 202 2
- signature required 603 22
- Vat registration exception 217 3
- CT600 164 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 226 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,263
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 837
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 530
- Digita Hosted Software 347
- Credit where credit's due....... 323
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 249
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 206
- TheTax Donut 191
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 169
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 167