I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,164 267
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 268 3
- business card address 177 5
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 452 23
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 164 6
- Standard 'email' template system 788 13
- Donations (to a school!) 288 10
- Circular shareholding 108 3
- Repairs after a rental business ends 241 7
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 251 1
- Employment related securities question 557 2
- Shutting down a company with creditors 928 12
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 253 4
- Expenses of overseas employment 95 1
- Tax implications for client leaving share incentive plan 90 2
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 143 5
- VAT Romania - how to register 204 4
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 506 10
- Beaters and allowable exenses 194 2
- Family loan 312 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,098
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 361
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 297
- National Insurance 266
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 237
- Payments on account coded out?? 224
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 217
- Non Resident 180
- Franchise income and costs 173
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 149