I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,091 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 136 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 605 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 129 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 130 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 178 1
- How to deal with prior year error 178 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 545 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,346 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,053 20
- Tax Calculations 660 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 421 4
- Exemption from CGT 258 2
- VAT Registration 261 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 469 14
- Autumn statement predictions 456 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 364 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 204 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 650 26