I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 220 5
- Share Capital 18 1
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 149 4
- Companies House incorporation service 238 10
- Charge HMRC 325 3
- FRS17 query 216 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,727 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,518 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 543 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 263 2
- How to opt out? 392 6
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 79 1
- utr 162 4
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 309 7
- P9D or P11D 728 7
- CT return error message 386 10
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 106 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 105 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 100 1
- Audit rules 379 8
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 280
- CIS schemes 213
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 180
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 174
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 173