I wonder if someone can advise on this proposed scheme which was suggested to me:
Mr A and Mrs A are directors of a Jersey company, say company X. Mr A sells his property (not PPR) to the Jersey company.
The Jersey company leases the property to a UK company, say company Y, of which Mr A is the director. The company Y rents out the property, the rental income under the arrangement being a commercial rent, but the cost of the lease from the Jersey company should eat up most of the income.
I suppose the idea is to shift the income to the Jersey company....
To tax specialists, who have this sort of stuff for breakfast, can you comment? And what is the current line of thinking on control and management vis-a-vis company residence?
Thank you in advance.
- Why do I get the feeling ... 55 4
- Member meet up 1 October in London 88 4
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 444 8
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 146 2
- Fees 679 7
- Creation of leases out of freehold 157 2
- Selling Business 292 2
- P11D & tax return 183 7
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,316 50
- when is a bad debt a bad debt 99 1
- Capital Goods Scheme 125 6
- HMRC incompetency 359 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 2,122 59
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 727 22
- CGT Problem 858 7
- Concurrent users 353 6
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,470 16
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 467 9
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 245 1
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 2,222 13
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 791
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 437
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 384
- Electric Car 324
- S222 Charge 261
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 234
- IP trans to holding company 207
- AIA 204
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 196
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 162