Tax Reference Books for General Practitioner
I am ACCA qualified and recently set up small practice (about 90K fees), no particularly large or complex clients thus far.
Currently use a tax consultant (CIOT) for anything I don't know or feel I need a second opinion on. However, I feel I ought to at least have some core reference material on hand in one form or another and was wondering what people thought of the following:
Tolleys Tax Annuals - Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax and VAT
Tolleys Tax Guide - apparently voted the nations fav tax book by members of AccountingWeb according to Tolleys promo literature! (or is this merely duplicating the content of aforementioned annuals?)
Hardmans Tax Rates & Tables
Didn't think there would be much regularity of work requiring the Inheritance Tax, Trusts or NIC manuals so would continue to use outside consultant for such queries.
Are the Yellow and Orange Tax Handbooks going a bit too far for a non tax specialist or do people consider these to be essential reference material?
Have noticed a recent theme developing of people being slated for not finding past threads using search facility and I'm sure I have read something similar in past but can't find it so apologies in advance!!!
- Where can I get the information for this 366 7
- BrightPay 361 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 203 3
- CGT &LLP 77 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 540 4
- Setting up an offshore company 102 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 185 16
- Secure document exchange 127 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 161 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 392 7
- break even point 170 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 114 3
- Fax to email providers 327 11
- Payroll software 244 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 136 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 143 4
- How to issue shares to investors 95 1
- Expense management software 631 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,108 84
- Tax code 154 1