Tax Reference Books for General Practitioner
I am ACCA qualified and recently set up small practice (about 90K fees), no particularly large or complex clients thus far.
Currently use a tax consultant (CIOT) for anything I don't know or feel I need a second opinion on. However, I feel I ought to at least have some core reference material on hand in one form or another and was wondering what people thought of the following:
Tolleys Tax Annuals - Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax and VAT
Tolleys Tax Guide - apparently voted the nations fav tax book by members of AccountingWeb according to Tolleys promo literature! (or is this merely duplicating the content of aforementioned annuals?)
Hardmans Tax Rates & Tables
Didn't think there would be much regularity of work requiring the Inheritance Tax, Trusts or NIC manuals so would continue to use outside consultant for such queries.
Are the Yellow and Orange Tax Handbooks going a bit too far for a non tax specialist or do people consider these to be essential reference material?
Have noticed a recent theme developing of people being slated for not finding past threads using search facility and I'm sure I have read something similar in past but can't find it so apologies in advance!!!
- SSAS Pension scheme 123 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 502 18
- Physiotherapy 197 3
- Inflation and fees 1,146 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 109 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 244 8
- CGT help please 94 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 322 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 87 2
- What happens when a customer with PPD pays late? 137 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 280 1
- Community Interest Company 124 3
- Redundancy Pay 414 5
- Advice please! 327 1
- Unusual marketing ideas for accountants 730 6
- Do we have to honour her notice? 623 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,285 21
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 114 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 363 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 598 13