Tax Reference Books for General Practitioner
I am ACCA qualified and recently set up small practice (about 90K fees), no particularly large or complex clients thus far.
Currently use a tax consultant (CIOT) for anything I don't know or feel I need a second opinion on. However, I feel I ought to at least have some core reference material on hand in one form or another and was wondering what people thought of the following:
Tolleys Tax Annuals - Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax and VAT
Tolleys Tax Guide - apparently voted the nations fav tax book by members of AccountingWeb according to Tolleys promo literature! (or is this merely duplicating the content of aforementioned annuals?)
Hardmans Tax Rates & Tables
Didn't think there would be much regularity of work requiring the Inheritance Tax, Trusts or NIC manuals so would continue to use outside consultant for such queries.
Are the Yellow and Orange Tax Handbooks going a bit too far for a non tax specialist or do people consider these to be essential reference material?
Have noticed a recent theme developing of people being slated for not finding past threads using search facility and I'm sure I have read something similar in past but can't find it so apologies in advance!!!
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 368 5
- last minute request 558 6
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 650 13
- Xerocon 2016 1,070 27
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,208 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 286 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 314 7
- Personal Tax 547 11
- USA Tax Query 212 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,692 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 960 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 348 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 614 18
- Corrupt Excel File 683 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,992 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 295 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 438 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 202 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 395 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,263 46