Tax relief on created intangible asset
I have a client who has created a revolutionary piece of software in a small company by himself and has now managed to sell licences for that software for a substantial sum leaving a hefty tax bill.
The booked expenses are less than £10K and the company is obviously small enough to be covered by FRSSE.
Is there a way at this late stage of getting any of the R&D or intangible asset tax reliefs for this company?
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,237 44
- Xerocon 2016 1,107 29
- New Build 92 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 74 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 709 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 89 1
- USA Tax Query 254 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 406 5
- last minute request 594 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 305 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 336 7
- Personal Tax 572 11
- Disengagement Help! 1,709 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 974 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 377 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 624 18
- Corrupt Excel File 687 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,004 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 296 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 453 7