Taxable value of childcare vouchers.
The law on this seems clear at first sight: The taxable value of vouchers is the cost to the employer.
However I have read in Pay Magazine that some Revenue Inspectors assume the administration fee is part of the cost of paying the employee, rather than being a cost of teh specific benefit. This approach would lead to the employee being taxed only on the face value of the voucher.
I think IR statement of practice 6/85 muddies the waters as it says:
"The expenses which should be included in the measure of liability are those which contribute more or less directly to the benefit received by the employee".
However that SP6/85 also says that the employer must include the cost of buying the services.
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 135 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 151 4
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,004 32
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 162 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 279 4
- Value pricing 691 24
- Reregister for VAT 128 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 196 6
- Weely paid employees 242 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 461 11
- Director's tax return 277 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 209 6
- Wrong career 473 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 281 7
- Laptop purchase 1,386 20
- PTP software disaster 273 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 227 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 102 2
- Tricky VAT question 189 1
- VT accounts licence key 276 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 796
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 550
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 415
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 293
- Free Tax Legislation? 265
- Director Loan account operation 245
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 239
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159