Taxable value of childcare vouchers.
The law on this seems clear at first sight: The taxable value of vouchers is the cost to the employer.
However I have read in Pay Magazine that some Revenue Inspectors assume the administration fee is part of the cost of paying the employee, rather than being a cost of teh specific benefit. This approach would lead to the employee being taxed only on the face value of the voucher.
I think IR statement of practice 6/85 muddies the waters as it says:
"The expenses which should be included in the measure of liability are those which contribute more or less directly to the benefit received by the employee".
However that SP6/85 also says that the employer must include the cost of buying the services.
- 100% Xero practice 2,118 35
- Vat treatment of charity business income 109 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 863 18
- Company Accounts 125 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,196 343
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 188 6
- Donations (to a school!) 432 11
- Vat on Royalites 83 1
- Umbrella Company 146 2
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 432 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 82 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 161 5
- Mortgage deposit Gift 433 18
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 173 3
- property rental income split 258 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 468 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 141 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 101 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,275 5
- Use of home for storage 337 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,189
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 405
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 310
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 237
- Non Resident 222
- Franchise income and costs 205
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 163