Taxable value of childcare vouchers.
The law on this seems clear at first sight: The taxable value of vouchers is the cost to the employer.
However I have read in Pay Magazine that some Revenue Inspectors assume the administration fee is part of the cost of paying the employee, rather than being a cost of teh specific benefit. This approach would lead to the employee being taxed only on the face value of the voucher.
I think IR statement of practice 6/85 muddies the waters as it says:
"The expenses which should be included in the measure of liability are those which contribute more or less directly to the benefit received by the employee".
However that SP6/85 also says that the employer must include the cost of buying the services.
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 65 1
- Hmrc software 182 3
- Mehjoo 243 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 174 2
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 69 1
- SA302 247 4
- Hosted email exchange 165 5
- South African Government Pension 175 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 149 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 249 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 287 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 231 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 139 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 270 7
- New Email Extensions 176 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 301 2
- Dental practice incorpration 145 1
- Audit rules 173 4
- Go Cardless 299 8
- business entertaining deductibility 169 1
- Xtuple 503
- Qtac payroll for bureau 341
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 288
- Industrial & Provident Societies 281
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- CIS schemes 159
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 159
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 147
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 137