Taxable value of childcare vouchers.
The law on this seems clear at first sight: The taxable value of vouchers is the cost to the employer.
However I have read in Pay Magazine that some Revenue Inspectors assume the administration fee is part of the cost of paying the employee, rather than being a cost of teh specific benefit. This approach would lead to the employee being taxed only on the face value of the voucher.
I think IR statement of practice 6/85 muddies the waters as it says:
"The expenses which should be included in the measure of liability are those which contribute more or less directly to the benefit received by the employee".
However that SP6/85 also says that the employer must include the cost of buying the services.
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 512 11
- 2 companies, one payroll 222 8
- The importance of Grammar 1,864 55
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 121 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 608 12
- Freelance/Employee 405 10
- Freehold management company 153 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 249 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 217 6
- System selection 238 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 134 1
- Director Liability 136 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 177 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 389 4
- exemptions from CIS 268 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 586 10
- Xero Pain Points 660 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 287 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 268 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,720 56
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 395
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 357
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 339
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 319
- Electric Car 268
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 231
- S222 Charge 231
- Company Structure 209
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 174
- IP trans to holding company 170