Taxable value of childcare vouchers.
The law on this seems clear at first sight: The taxable value of vouchers is the cost to the employer.
However I have read in Pay Magazine that some Revenue Inspectors assume the administration fee is part of the cost of paying the employee, rather than being a cost of teh specific benefit. This approach would lead to the employee being taxed only on the face value of the voucher.
I think IR statement of practice 6/85 muddies the waters as it says:
"The expenses which should be included in the measure of liability are those which contribute more or less directly to the benefit received by the employee".
However that SP6/85 also says that the employer must include the cost of buying the services.
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 121 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 122 3
- Capital Gain? 514 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 209 5
- Sell business after leaving country 121 2
- How much to charge? 239 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 162 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 639 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 241 2
- break even point 593 18
- Simple consolidation question 114 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 390 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,000 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 405 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 205 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 286 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 172 4
- IHT Query 242 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 447 2
- BrightPay 697 22
- Possible Partnership? 466
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 442
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 429
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 233
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 228
- Clubs and Taxable Income 218
- New Fangled Penalties 217
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 212
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 185
- Loans to other companies 167