Taxable value of childcare vouchers.
The law on this seems clear at first sight: The taxable value of vouchers is the cost to the employer.
However I have read in Pay Magazine that some Revenue Inspectors assume the administration fee is part of the cost of paying the employee, rather than being a cost of teh specific benefit. This approach would lead to the employee being taxed only on the face value of the voucher.
I think IR statement of practice 6/85 muddies the waters as it says:
"The expenses which should be included in the measure of liability are those which contribute more or less directly to the benefit received by the employee".
However that SP6/85 also says that the employer must include the cost of buying the services.
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 165 2
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 270 7
- VAT on employee loan 233 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 147 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 685 18
- What do you all do in your spare time? 501 23
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 274 5
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 143 1
- Purchased Goodwill 56 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 60 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 71 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 174 4
- Recruitment agencies 575 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 509 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 192 4
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 262 9
- HMRC RANT!!!! 448 8
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,366 19
- Scams are not always obvious 2,000 33
- Design your ideal tax department 961 21
- New Fangled Penalties 1,072
- Moving away from CCH software 925
- QROP pension input amounts 423
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 334
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 258
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 235
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 206
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189