Taxable value of childcare vouchers.
The law on this seems clear at first sight: The taxable value of vouchers is the cost to the employer.
However I have read in Pay Magazine that some Revenue Inspectors assume the administration fee is part of the cost of paying the employee, rather than being a cost of teh specific benefit. This approach would lead to the employee being taxed only on the face value of the voucher.
I think IR statement of practice 6/85 muddies the waters as it says:
"The expenses which should be included in the measure of liability are those which contribute more or less directly to the benefit received by the employee".
However that SP6/85 also says that the employer must include the cost of buying the services.
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 165 4
- Anyone using PracticePA? 252 5
- Do your DIY clients ever get their books right ? 53 1
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 647 26
- Tax - Paying Yearly 259 11
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 192 3
- New company uses old Bank Account 231 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 456 5
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 337 8
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 184 3
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 188 1
- charities 219 3
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 281 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 124 1
- converting garage to use as office 319 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 664 13
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 128 2
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,208 11
- Strike off 449 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 157 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 380
- Any thoughts on Capium? 338
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 295
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 268
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 254
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 230
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 177
- French ConnectionUK 168
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 160
- APN's 159