Taxable value of childcare vouchers.
The law on this seems clear at first sight: The taxable value of vouchers is the cost to the employer.
However I have read in Pay Magazine that some Revenue Inspectors assume the administration fee is part of the cost of paying the employee, rather than being a cost of teh specific benefit. This approach would lead to the employee being taxed only on the face value of the voucher.
I think IR statement of practice 6/85 muddies the waters as it says:
"The expenses which should be included in the measure of liability are those which contribute more or less directly to the benefit received by the employee".
However that SP6/85 also says that the employer must include the cost of buying the services.
- CGT on selling company shares 188 8
- transfer of invesments from company name to individual 117 2
- Moneysoft Payroll 658 16
- Companies House Search 351 4
- Property gift to sister 275 8
- do i need an online accounting software 135 3
- VAT dergistration confirmation? 82 2
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 379 4
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,679 28
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 160 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,609 28
- Who gets the CGT deduction 288 4
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 650 9
- VAT training 388 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 286 7
- 31st october deadline 403 6
- RTI Late Registration query 159 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 269 2
- Payroll software 209 1
- Accounting for display stands 294 7
- NHS finance professionals 716
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 431
- Foreign Pension Contribution 407
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 390
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 388
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 346
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 308
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 292
- Incorporating doctors 230
- IFA income recognition & reporting 229