Taxable value of childcare vouchers.
The law on this seems clear at first sight: The taxable value of vouchers is the cost to the employer.
However I have read in Pay Magazine that some Revenue Inspectors assume the administration fee is part of the cost of paying the employee, rather than being a cost of teh specific benefit. This approach would lead to the employee being taxed only on the face value of the voucher.
I think IR statement of practice 6/85 muddies the waters as it says:
"The expenses which should be included in the measure of liability are those which contribute more or less directly to the benefit received by the employee".
However that SP6/85 also says that the employer must include the cost of buying the services.
- Receipt bank 327 7
- Investment from Friend 161 9
- Self Assessment and P11D 109 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 333 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 623 23
- Company dividends 542 15
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 157 5
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 63 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 901 38
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,151 15
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 147 2
- TRONC scheme 102 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 701 13
- Capital Gains Relief 152 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,606 29
- Identity check problem 1,263 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 202 3
- Business Set up cost 109 1
- Aged Debtor 89 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 969 34
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 575
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 541
- Latest phishing scam 474
- Entrepreneurs' relief 423
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 344
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 243
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 241
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 166