Tax | AccountingWEB
Home » Any Answers » Tax


Have a situation where the directors and shareholders of a close have historically taken voted dividends by way of a direct transfer to their personal bank accounts in accordance with the dividend vouchers.

2 of the 5 directors' for personal reasons would prefer to have their dividends credited to a their current account with the company. ( no cash cahanging hands)

The balance on their current account is nil orĀ  small cr balance.

The questions are:

Is it within the law to do so?

If it is than can only a propoetion of the director/shareholders opt to have their dividends credited to their current account?

Any response would be welcome.

There are 8 comments. Login or register to view them.

Yes, this is ok

JCresswellTax |
JCresswellTax's picture

But watch

Anonymous |

Thanks for the replies so far

Anonymous |

credit balance on CA?

abelljms |
abelljms's picture


Anonymous |


Anonymous |

So !!

Anonymous |

Utter Rubbish!

Swedish Chef |
Swedish Chef's picture