Have a situation where the directors and shareholders of a close have historically taken voted dividends by way of a direct transfer to their personal bank accounts in accordance with the dividend vouchers.
2 of the 5 directors' for personal reasons would prefer to have their dividends credited to a their current account with the company. ( no cash cahanging hands)
The balance on their current account is nil or small cr balance.
The questions are:
Is it within the law to do so?
If it is than can only a propoetion of the director/shareholders opt to have their dividends credited to their current account?
Any response would be welcome.
- How would you account for warranty? 113 4
- LLP - Member leaving 88 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 382 22
- Sweet Tooth 132 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,017 13
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 189 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 157 2
- trading or dormant 95 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 85 1
- tax credits 119 5
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 519 19
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 183 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 559 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 258 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 108 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 191 3
- Foreign income for self employed 124 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 635 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 82 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 492 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 861
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 513
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 324
- How to format a stock book 303
- Tax efficient holding company structure 240
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 233
- Investment property company accounts template 223
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 217
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 188
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 158