Have a situation where the directors and shareholders of a close have historically taken voted dividends by way of a direct transfer to their personal bank accounts in accordance with the dividend vouchers.
2 of the 5 directors' for personal reasons would prefer to have their dividends credited to a their current account with the company. ( no cash cahanging hands)
The balance on their current account is nil or small cr balance.
The questions are:
Is it within the law to do so?
If it is than can only a propoetion of the director/shareholders opt to have their dividends credited to their current account?
Any response would be welcome.
- Share swap 337 10
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 223 10
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 291 6
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 457 15
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 132 2
- Residential leeting and repairs 63 2
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 221 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 156 4
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 226 11
- Late P45 52 1
- VAT on motor expenses 929 34
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 504 8
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,753 23
- another ir35!!!! 1,198 8
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 132 2
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 252 11
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,413 42
- Sage 50 146 1
- Introduction of Goodwill 273 6
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 137 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,552
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 855
- International interest certificate 473
- NOVA 330
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 240
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 229
- Management expenses for investment company 220
- Bonus Bonds 211
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 197
- Help with tax codes on Sage 161