Have a situation where the directors and shareholders of a close have historically taken voted dividends by way of a direct transfer to their personal bank accounts in accordance with the dividend vouchers.
2 of the 5 directors' for personal reasons would prefer to have their dividends credited to a their current account with the company. ( no cash cahanging hands)
The balance on their current account is nil or small cr balance.
The questions are:
Is it within the law to do so?
If it is than can only a propoetion of the director/shareholders opt to have their dividends credited to their current account?
Any response would be welcome.
- BTC is slow 252 3
- Voluntary Disclosure 184 2
- Director registration for SA question 447 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 174 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 319 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 494 22
- valuation of vehicles 401 16
- Business only use of company car 690 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 507 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 318 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 951 29
- New Company reviews please 544 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 309 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 257 2
- VAT with Russia 224 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 234 4
- Money Laundering Manual 304 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 249 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,122 29
- directors loan 364 8
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 298
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 244
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 240
- Any thoughts on Capium? 230
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 218
- auto enrolment 188
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 177
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 157
- How to account for investment in JV? 150
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 148