Have a situation where the directors and shareholders of a close have historically taken voted dividends by way of a direct transfer to their personal bank accounts in accordance with the dividend vouchers.
2 of the 5 directors' for personal reasons would prefer to have their dividends credited to a their current account with the company. ( no cash cahanging hands)
The balance on their current account is nil or small cr balance.
The questions are:
Is it within the law to do so?
If it is than can only a propoetion of the director/shareholders opt to have their dividends credited to their current account?
Any response would be welcome.
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 615 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 89 2
- HMRC Discovery powers 189 3
- Paying Son 395 15
- Employers NI allowance 307 3
- Which time limits apply? 371 4
- Client Paperwork Retention? 365 10
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 151 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 283 3
- Just checking re PSA 243 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 325 4
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,493 7
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,528 19
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 332 2
- Friday Question 588 7
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 434 8
- Independent Examination work programme 163 2
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 550 9
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 314 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 225 7
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 493
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 263
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 254
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 246
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 232
- Apprenticeship Levy 228
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 220
- Capital Gains personal representatives 207
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 193