Have a situation where the directors and shareholders of a close have historically taken voted dividends by way of a direct transfer to their personal bank accounts in accordance with the dividend vouchers.
2 of the 5 directors' for personal reasons would prefer to have their dividends credited to a their current account with the company. ( no cash cahanging hands)
The balance on their current account is nil or small cr balance.
The questions are:
Is it within the law to do so?
If it is than can only a propoetion of the director/shareholders opt to have their dividends credited to their current account?
Any response would be welcome.
- AIA 104 4
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,027 47
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 231 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 239 9
- client can't/won't pay 346 12
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 272 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,173 18
- Help - Capital Allowance 104 5
- 5% penalty on late payment 217 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 173 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 526 26
- HMRC SA software error? 131 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 166 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 260 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 182 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 146 2
- wave software 122 1
- Freelance software consultant 331 5
- Window Comb Binder Cover 123 2
- losses carried forward 378 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 782
- Copy Wanted 498
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 454
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 451
- Latest phishing scam 284
- Entrepreneurs' relief 270
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 266
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 248
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 235
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 231