Is there a fine for not fling a NIL quarterly PAYE/NI return?
Please be aware that if you have no payments to make in a tax month (or quarter, if you pay every three months), you will be required to inform us by way of a nil declaration, to avoid penalties arising.
This text is in the HMRC e-mail I've just had for a new client I've set up as an employer. I've never filed a nil PAYE return before (as opposed to a nil CIS one, of which I have filed many.) I've seen nothing on my CPD courses etc. about there being a change. I can't see anything on the HMRC website either.
Is it true? If so, where is this stated and how much is the fine?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,862 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 237 2
- Xerocon 2016 801 12
- Personal Tax 176 2
- Mortgage Reference 160 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 147 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,176 45
- Practical experience 849 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 431 9
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 211 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 173 1
- last minute request 279 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 500 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 83 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 453 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 119 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 271 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 668 6