Tier 1 Capital - What is it?
Once again i'd like to throw myself open to the combined brain power available through Accounting Web.
Could somebody explain to me the significance of Tier 1 capital within the assets of say an insurance company?
I am also interested to know to what extent this capital is protected if provided by an outside investor.
Again there is a real reason for asking this question but it is connected with a financial product which cant be named because it would constitute advertising on my part.
Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.
- Partnership Registration 44 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 874 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 81 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 655 12
- Audit Required 1,173 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 293 9
- Residential Management Companies 72 2
- Value pricing 2,841 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 385 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 380 11
- Payroll software for Mac 114 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 100 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 211 5
- CIS and Close Company 199 6
- LLP members share of profits 635 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 423 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 136 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 97 1
- Registered Office 105 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 110 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 940
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 659
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 391
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 330
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 255
- Paye procedures for CVA 246
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 242
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 191
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 188
- Pension Fixed Protection 184