Tier 1 Capital - What is it?
Once again i'd like to throw myself open to the combined brain power available through Accounting Web.
Could somebody explain to me the significance of Tier 1 capital within the assets of say an insurance company?
I am also interested to know to what extent this capital is protected if provided by an outside investor.
Again there is a real reason for asking this question but it is connected with a financial product which cant be named because it would constitute advertising on my part.
Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.
- HMRC repayment has gone to wrong bank account - quickest way to resolve? 120 2
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 1,005 20
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 81 1
- CGT on transfer of shares to Holding company 179 7
- Tax relief on loan interest paid by a property investment company 96 4
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 143 3
- Filling in my self assessment 824 16
- Missing PAYE codes 145 3
- Capital gains on tax return - attachments 119 4
- Main residence relief - husband and wife scanarios 248 3
- proposed dividends 445 19
- How does one compete? 513 7
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 366 4
- Should small companies be audited? 1,118 45
- FPS responses ... 265 8
- Skype treating businesses as private consumers; no VAT invoices 527 2
- Accounting treatment/tax treatment 98 1
- Ir35 and Social workers 106 1
- Late leaver notification 355 7
- Self explanatory? I hope so! 306 2
- Sanzar 476
- Digital marketing focus group 391
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 367
- Continuity Agreement 310
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 309
- Sainsbury's mangement 305
- Avanti Accounts 305
- Buyback 279
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 226
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 196