Tier 1 Capital - What is it?
Once again i'd like to throw myself open to the combined brain power available through Accounting Web.
Could somebody explain to me the significance of Tier 1 capital within the assets of say an insurance company?
I am also interested to know to what extent this capital is protected if provided by an outside investor.
Again there is a real reason for asking this question but it is connected with a financial product which cant be named because it would constitute advertising on my part.
Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.
- Tax code for Companies House fees 85 1
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 187 3
- Company Reorganisation 118 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 617 10
- Employee Loan 157 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 444 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 557 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 90 1
- Wear and tear allowance 437 6
- Accountants' Error 588 12
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 333 6
- Buying accountancy practice 618 10
- Paperless office 1,071 7
- Accountant Error 382 6
- Auto enrolment 136 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 406 5
- Shareholder agreement 108 2
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 277 3
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 252 12
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 278 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,441
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 749
- Any views 683
- HMRC Employers Diary 517
- International interest certificate 419
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 380
- Sale of business 342
- NOVA 250
- Advertising services? 242
- IRIS Open Books problem 235