Tier 1 Capital - What is it?
Once again i'd like to throw myself open to the combined brain power available through Accounting Web.
Could somebody explain to me the significance of Tier 1 capital within the assets of say an insurance company?
I am also interested to know to what extent this capital is protected if provided by an outside investor.
Again there is a real reason for asking this question but it is connected with a financial product which cant be named because it would constitute advertising on my part.
Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.
- UK tax exposure 126 2
- flat rate scheme 251 7
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 205 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 498 6
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 68 3
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 241 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,999 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 160 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 180 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 116 1
- VAT refund 335 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,291 37
- Turnover on a tax return 572 12
- incorrect old p60 572 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 164 4
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 167 1
- Special dividends & CGT 215 1
- Networking 379 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 288 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 312 4