Tier 1 Capital - What is it?
Once again i'd like to throw myself open to the combined brain power available through Accounting Web.
Could somebody explain to me the significance of Tier 1 capital within the assets of say an insurance company?
I am also interested to know to what extent this capital is protected if provided by an outside investor.
Again there is a real reason for asking this question but it is connected with a financial product which cant be named because it would constitute advertising on my part.
Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 85 1
- any implications of this type of transaction 51 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,686 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 97 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 287 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,031 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 262 7
- Sage data 105 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 422 9
- Limited company buying a car 362 6
- Funding Circle experience 156 3
- Excel query 121 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,295 13
- Payment on account penalties 130 3
- Tax on free shares 146 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 208 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 127 1
- Audit 492 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 130 3
- Buying a horse?? 431 12
- CTA study material 805
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 496
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 461
- Employment related securities question 323
- AIM Stocks and IHT 311
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 282
- Expat pension contributions? 282
- Trust for Employee 257
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 233
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 161