Tier 1 Capital - What is it?
Once again i'd like to throw myself open to the combined brain power available through Accounting Web.
Could somebody explain to me the significance of Tier 1 capital within the assets of say an insurance company?
I am also interested to know to what extent this capital is protected if provided by an outside investor.
Again there is a real reason for asking this question but it is connected with a financial product which cant be named because it would constitute advertising on my part.
Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 293
- Set up a company pension 246
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 218
- HMRC Lost PAYE Clients 182
- EIS 179
- Sage 50 Remittance Advices 179
- Driving sales growth 178
- Regiatration of a Trust 176
- Where's our 10%? 174
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 173
- IHT business relief of unlisted loan stock 165
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 156
- Best structure 149
- Break up basis accounting 147
- Inorporation using S165 gift relief 147
- Property owned privately 146
- Forms P11D[b] and Payment Slips 141
- Can I defer direct customer acquisition costs? 140
- Mortgage application for intending director. 136
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 131