Tier 1 Capital - What is it?
Once again i'd like to throw myself open to the combined brain power available through Accounting Web.
Could somebody explain to me the significance of Tier 1 capital within the assets of say an insurance company?
I am also interested to know to what extent this capital is protected if provided by an outside investor.
Again there is a real reason for asking this question but it is connected with a financial product which cant be named because it would constitute advertising on my part.
Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.
- Regular Director bonus 283 6
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 826 8
- Corporation Tax Software 324 10
- How do I save face? 1,971 14
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,558 89
- HMRC Summons for £14k 239 2
- BrightPay 983 28
- Goodie bag 2,847 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 73 1
- How many associated companies 143 2
- BIK for an electric car 97 1
- Signed accounts for a lender 401 17
- can I approach clients ? 841 11
- Secure document exchange 576 6
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 131 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 590 9
- FreeAgent question 318 8
- Mortgage interest 108 1
- Practising options 498 6
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 457 10
- Possible Partnership? 678
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 530
- Fuming! 474
- New Fangled Penalties 463
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 329
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 271
- Moving away from CCH software 255
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 249
- Outsource Data Entry 249
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 199