Tier 1 Capital - What is it?
Once again i'd like to throw myself open to the combined brain power available through Accounting Web.
Could somebody explain to me the significance of Tier 1 capital within the assets of say an insurance company?
I am also interested to know to what extent this capital is protected if provided by an outside investor.
Again there is a real reason for asking this question but it is connected with a financial product which cant be named because it would constitute advertising on my part.
Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.
- Client Paperwork Retention? 459 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 94 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 512 1
- Paying Son 586 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 331 7
- HMRC accounting 196 3
- Employers NI allowance 425 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 269 5
- Dividend taxation 211 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 126 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 166 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 125 3
- Love is in the air 127 2
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 425 4
- iris update 11.9.2 443 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 260 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 671 8
- Which time limits apply? 397 4
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 221 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 330 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 268
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 267
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 252
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 238
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 228
- Capital Gains personal representatives 211
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 206
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 185