Tier 1 Capital - What is it?
Once again i'd like to throw myself open to the combined brain power available through Accounting Web.
Could somebody explain to me the significance of Tier 1 capital within the assets of say an insurance company?
I am also interested to know to what extent this capital is protected if provided by an outside investor.
Again there is a real reason for asking this question but it is connected with a financial product which cant be named because it would constitute advertising on my part.
Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 602 22
- Goods Purchased for Rental 596 31
- More HMRC on gov.uk 159 4
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 140 3
- Employed clients and expenses 818 15
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 264 3
- Auto Enrolment set up 374 3
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 531 18
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 427 9
- Interflora florist 81 1
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 290 6
- Directors loan accounts 425 10
- Income Self employed 549 8
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,205 22
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 257 7
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 354 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 261 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 124 2
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,038 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 703 29
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 542
- NOVA 490
- Bonus Bonds 376
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 355
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 275
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 240
- Friendly Pensions 172
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 157
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 145
- Finance Lease 141