Tier 1 Capital - What is it?
Once again i'd like to throw myself open to the combined brain power available through Accounting Web.
Could somebody explain to me the significance of Tier 1 capital within the assets of say an insurance company?
I am also interested to know to what extent this capital is protected if provided by an outside investor.
Again there is a real reason for asking this question but it is connected with a financial product which cant be named because it would constitute advertising on my part.
Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me.
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,331 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 278 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 860 18
- NALS Accountants Report 109 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,475 35
- Legal title not in the company name 279 10
- Dividend dates 567 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 133 3
- Sole properietor 183 4
- transitioning payroll 245 8
- dividend proposals 118 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 238 2
- Deduction from Salary 303 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 203 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,731 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 93 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 437 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 160 2
- 12 Pay Problems 257 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 89 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 624
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 312
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 274
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 232
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 231
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 203
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 176