Is this too expensive?
I did accounts and tax return last year for a photographer client. We quoted & charged £325.00 ish.
Job was clean and easy with Excel bookkeeping.
We reviewed our fee policy and emailed our client base. This client was now going to be charged £395.00. His turnover is around £40000.
He has since moved to a firm that has charged him £150.00!!
I'm quite happy as it was always a last minute job and it had still not arrived for his 06/07 return.
I just wondered if £395.00 was too expensive for this? What would others have charged?
There was no other income.
- Entrepeneurs relief 407 18
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 213 3
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 139 7
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 384 9
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 480 23
- Potentially dodgy client 154 2
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 422 13
- Do I need to pay my accountant 540 8
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 180 6
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 317 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 633 8
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 136 2
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 532 27
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 256 5
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 165 3
- Lloyds bank ... 453 6
- Limited company buying a car 252 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 500 10
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 301 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 318 4
- CTA study material 777
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 409
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 287
- Expat pension contributions? 266
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 260
- Trust for Employee 242
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 194
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149