Is this too expensive?
I did accounts and tax return last year for a photographer client. We quoted & charged £325.00 ish.
Job was clean and easy with Excel bookkeeping.
We reviewed our fee policy and emailed our client base. This client was now going to be charged £395.00. His turnover is around £40000.
He has since moved to a firm that has charged him £150.00!!
I'm quite happy as it was always a last minute job and it had still not arrived for his 06/07 return.
I just wondered if £395.00 was too expensive for this? What would others have charged?
There was no other income.
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,797 443
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 190 4
- capital gains on PPR 238 13
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 355 13
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 163 7
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 149 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,293 62
- Company expansion 88 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 371 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 493 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 520 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,477 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 248 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 177 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 161 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 295 9
- PRR 367 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 409 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 320 7
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 444 20
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 371
- Non Resident 296
- Franchise income and costs 262
- Hands on experience of Digita 215
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 166
- employment capital allowances 161
- CIS paid under reg 9 157