Tour Operators Scheme - Applicable?
Basic story, I've signed on a new client for the firm who is a starting travel agency. They have only just had their first quarter end and I'm doing the VAT for them including a pre-registration claim.
At the moment currently until they get their ABTA license they are simply selling travel flight packages which they buy from another agency and sell on. On their invoices they don't advertise the other agency, only themselves so the final consumer doesnt know where the package originally came from.
Now international VAT is not my field but from what I've researched the TOMS applies to this company and if so what does that mean for the first few quarters? From what it's saying the complex calculation with margins doesn't come into play until the first year is complete, so does that mean for the first 3 quarters all their travel sales are just zero rated, i.e. repayment claims?
- Sage Priority Support 84 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 678 18
- incorrect old p60 101 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 475 4
- VAT on new builds 104 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 342 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 116 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 107 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 124 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,831 26
- Missing tax return 164 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 917 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 273 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 158 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 552 18
- Physiotherapy 238 3
- Inflation and fees 1,215 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 160 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 277 8
- CGT help please 143 1