Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- Help 57 6
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 173 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,004 109
- Overlap profit 287 7
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 41 1
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 311 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,054 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 103 1
- Payments on account 161 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 53 1
- What do your junior staff do? 513 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 634 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 401 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 530 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 123 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,927 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 336 3
- On the high seas 105 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 144 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 856 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 850
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 444
- Sanzar 338
- How do you do it 335
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 292
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 206
- Fit for purpose 202
- new investor structure 196
- VAT Registration 180