Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 266 5
- . 196 2
- Freelance/Employee 650 17
- Recommendations for online payroll software 195 1
- Accountant Specialization. 258 2
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 165 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 165 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 451 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 97 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 595 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 685 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 129 2
- Agent Authorisation Issue 191 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 334 6
- Is it just me ... 295 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 297 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 119 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 354 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 225 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,544 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 747
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 354
- Electric Car 289
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 185
- IP trans to holding company 183
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 171
- AIA 166
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 164