Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- How much to charge for payroll? 723 16
- When do we qualify for state pension? 138 2
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 113 4
- BTC vs Digita 970 29
- Seeking a tax case 246 8
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 275 4
- See you all on the other side 220 5
- VATABLE Income 280 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 202 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 262 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 403 6
- P11D software 91 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 448 9
- VAT - business splitting 232 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 586 16
- RTI - how to correct HMRC's error 409 7
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 955 16
- Jersey - VAT 125 2
- how to file Late annual Accounts for dormant company ? 298 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme for a Welder 228 2
- HMRC Joint Filing 521
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 392
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 351
- IRIS and FRS 102 324
- USA help 281
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 244
- Capital gains on rental property 227
- Sage Coretime 215
- Capitalising Finance Lease 211
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 200