Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 289 8
- dreaded p11d dispensation 101 4
- Accounting for share for share 39 3
- Sportman claiming for training kit 51 2
- Use of home for storage 371 7
- What should I do for 'free' 673 7
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 102 1
- Company Accounts 294 6
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 171 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,445 349
- disclosue checklist 78 2
- Mortgage deposit Gift 537 25
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 59 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,458 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 219 7
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 220 2
- Current Asset Investment 157 4
- corp tax software 96 2
- Were you asked to pay to sign off your ACCA PCTR by your Principle? 264 3
- Umbrella Company 204 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,194
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 312
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 240
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 228
- Franchise income and costs 209
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 193