Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 941 40
- Investment from Friend 190 10
- Receipt bank 352 8
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 644 24
- Trading lossess & non trading co & investment income 51 1
- Do we have to register for VAT? 489 10
- Self Assessment and P11D 157 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 343 4
- Company dividends 551 15
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 193 5
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 91 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,184 15
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 173 2
- TRONC scheme 109 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 716 13
- Capital Gains Relief 167 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,616 29
- Identity check problem 1,274 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 218 3
- Business Set up cost 118 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 881
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 582
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 545
- Latest phishing scam 479
- Entrepreneurs' relief 428
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 351
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 326
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 250
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 247
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 172