Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- tribunal settlement 36 1
- National Insurance Contributions 221 5
- Professional Qualification 327 4
- Freehold Property Depreciation 104 2
- Jointly owned property 97 2
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 386 6
- VAT margin scheme 174 12
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 721 34
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 189 1
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 287 5
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 352 6
- Risk Indicators Survey 135 1
- Deceased's Tax Return to date of death 95 1
- Unpaid Fee's 627 10
- cold file reviewer needed 336 3
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 933 17
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 323 1
- Late Filing SA due to property income, individual was also a non dom for 15 years 200 11
- Auto-enrolment drivel 803 13
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 252 3
- Possible Partnership? 531
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 525
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 472
- New Fangled Penalties 329
- Clubs and Taxable Income 272
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 263
- Loans to other companies 207
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 189
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 164
- Outsource Data Entry 158