Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- Stamp Duty 269 4
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 573 13
- Setting up a practice 87 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 211 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,753 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 410 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 147 1
- Love is in the air 396 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 248 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,007 46
- Very large share capital by mistake 305 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 538 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 556 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 315 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 336 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 377 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 428 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 433 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 269 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 524 1
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 280
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 273
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 212
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 193