Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,326 14
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 172 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 191 2
- "Audit Report" 92 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 487 13
- Coding Notice 235 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 255 6
- New business - journal entries 420 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 229 3
- Payroll software 655 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 284 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 403 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 739 18
- B2B vat in the EU 197 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 205 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 239 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 205 4
- LLP as member of LLP 145 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,855 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 526 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 880
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 724
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 416
- Social investment tax relief 223
- Digita Hosted Software 217
- Call Centre Data Costs 205
- accounting for this transaction 200
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 177
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 176
- Travel costs and contractors 176