Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- Receiving dividends from a pension fund? 22 3
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 273 8
- Tax status of prizes 119 6
- Bookkeping software 480 5
- VAT MOSS - e-services query 72 1
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 231 2
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 325 12
- clg 112 3
- SA302's anyone?? 323 12
- Are Sage finally getting it's act together? 117 1
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 137 2
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,401 38
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 297 6
- VAT errors 174 4
- Professional Clearance 481 15
- CIS Deductions 257 7
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,302 15
- Auto enrolment 1,332 14
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 133 2
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 235 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,602
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 888
- International interest certificate 496
- NOVA 359
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 265
- Bonus Bonds 250
- Management expenses for investment company 250
- Help with tax codes on Sage 195
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 161
- Clogged Losses 154