Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- Client right to working papers 210 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 514 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 290 4
- Late registration for MOSS 206 4
- Professional Clearance 1,018 24
- Self employed care worker 423 9
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 246 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 332 7
- Illegal share transfer 428 5
- Audacity 858 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 149 2
- Company Strike off 1,805 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,088 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 376 3
- Estate admin practicalities 211 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,482 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 313 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,774 31
- Joint owners of rental properties 348 6
- Capital stated on incorporation too low by several orders of magnitude. 331 2
- NHS finance professionals 526
- VAL231 406
- Mother and son property ownership 365
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 353
- Foreign Pension Contribution 329
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 302
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 280
- vat gross profit percentage margins 267
- Incorporated LLP partners, CIS and IR35 262
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 253