Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 161 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,207 35
- Mortgage Reference 516 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 212 7
- Insovent companies 877 19
- New Build 179 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,293 48
- BrightPay quirks 190 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 799 20
- Website Content 142 1
- Personal Tax 621 12
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 127 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 171 1
- USA Tax Query 294 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 434 5
- last minute request 646 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 345 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 380 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,735 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6