Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- Recharge for private use of a company car 628 19
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 206 3
- How a company director can keep paying £833 160 5
- Settlement discount 287 7
- Thin Client recomendation 264 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 238 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 355 18
- Payment plans for clients 303 4
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 499 14
- Employee steeling client data 172 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,393 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 199 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 140 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 97 1
- CT600 290 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 243 4
- signature required 928 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 235 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 359 4
- Form VAT 600 FRS 99 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,314
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 862
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 563
- Credit where credit's due....... 344
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 264
- TheTax Donut 242
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 197
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 192
- Director's business mileage 161
- Sole trader CPD 151