Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 970 29
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 50 1
- Project being run jointly 167 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 297 4
- Companies House 585 9
- Dress code 349 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 116 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 317 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 720 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,421 25
- What would you do in this situation? 599 13
- Help Required 380 10
- directors control and tax problems 242 5
- Fastest Software 795 13
- What's in a name ? 356 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 274 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 457 15
- Bulk Invoicing 186 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 169 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 255 2
- CTA study material 712
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 433
- Employment related securities question 273
- AIM Stocks and IHT 251
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 207
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 200
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 196
- Trust for Employee 192
- Expat pension contributions? 192
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 164