Transfer of Property
I am a little worried about what the answer to this may be, but here goes.
Client company has investment property in its books. Property was previously held as stock, however later retained for rental return and appropriated from stock to Investment Property.
Director wanted fresh funds into the company and decided to buy the property from the company.
The figures are as follows:
- Open market value, realistically c£90k.
- Valuation obtained from "friendly" valuer £100k.
- Client agrees to buy for £100k, legal contract concluded on that basis.
- Client obtains personal mortgage funds for £80k (80%) and deposits this and £20k cash to the company to complete the purchase.
- Company repays £20k to director as "cashback incentive" for property purchase.
I understand that house builders are giving cashback awards, but the fact that this is to director is worrying and I am trying to make best of the situation.
Sale proceeds within the company accounts, I think this should be £80k (because company has given the £20k back). This is actually quite a commercial situation.
This then raises the BIK question for director who received asset at undervalue, but is the undervalue just £10k (100-90)?
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 103 1
- Providing registered office address to clients 72 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 757 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 384 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,435 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 178 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 459 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 131 3
- What would you do in this situation? 198 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 148 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 622 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 651 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 106 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 350 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 251 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 223 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 418 6
- NOVA 559 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 285 10
- Regional Development Grant 136 4
- Bonus Bonds 395
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 385
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 298
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 262
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 192
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 190
- Company Car Lease 164
- Finance Lease 159
- Form 42 153
- Demerger Reserve 133