travel and subsistence, and entertaining expenses for a one man ltd company
I am a relatively inexperienced accnt. please can someone assist me with the following.
In a one man ltd. company, the director works away from home a lot doing IT (outside IR35!) and has meals and coffees etc working long days and returning that same day say. Can the company claim for these against corporation tax, although in the back of my mind surely he would incur such expenses if he were at home, so hence my doubts.
I know if he's working overnight then there's no problem if the claims are reasonable.
Plus if he does a presentation in say a pub or coffee shop and buys a few sandwiches for the client(s) can he claim these or are they just entertaining (or reciprocal entertaining) and not allowable.
Don't see P11D probs later as the company pays, not himself so he does not claim personally against the company. Many thanks if anyone can save me!
- Tax residence 90 2
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 115 1
- Which software for practice books? 307 7
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 131 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,634 33
- Accountant software 293 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 451 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 96 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 424 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 231 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,884 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 89 1
- Renting property to yourself 324 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 386 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 105 4
- register as self employed? 134 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 162 1
- VAT enquiry 105 1
- Write off of former director's loan 242 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 265 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 647
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 485
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 276
- How to format a stock book 235
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 195
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 187
- Tax efficient holding company structure 176
- Investment property company accounts template 165
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 161