Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 748 5
- See you all on the other side 766 6
- 12Pay 539 2
- dividends 745 2
- R&D 364 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,228 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 480 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 478 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 429 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 580 5
- Seeking a tax case 691 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 549 4
- Companies house strike off 661 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 493 2
- Moving to the cloud 787 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 230 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 948 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 235 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,123 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 540 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 577
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 432
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 381
- IRIS and FRS 102 368
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 355
- Marginal rates of tax 350
- Capitalising Finance Lease 344
- Class 2 NI 333
- USA help 328
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 311