Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- The stupidity continues 619 23
- transactions after account have been closed 170 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 165 5
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 534 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 221 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 126 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,340 25
- New Employers Helpline 209 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 223 3
- Software recommendations 277 1
- Share transfer question 378 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 328 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 185 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,454 19
- Overlap relief 759 19
- What is IRIS World like? 368 8
- Pension contributions 383 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 512 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 210 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 287 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 439
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 435
- WIP Software 300
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 235
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 231
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 209
- Is there anything wrong with this? 204
- Small Part Disposal of Property 189
- Uncommercial property business 181