Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- Go Cardless 196 6
- R & D 86 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 838 50
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 721 16
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 187 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 43 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 82 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 93 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 83 1
- New Business Registration 192 5
- Audit rules 126 3
- Hosted email exchange 107 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 117 1
- G P life time allowance 92 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 351 11
- Bringing money to Uk 195 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 102 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 102 2
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 190 5
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 557 11
- Xtuple 492
- Qtac payroll for bureau 331
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 275
- Industrial & Provident Societies 271
- Mehjoo 213
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 213
- New strategic report 167
- Domain name sale and limited company 151
- South African Government Pension 147
- CIS schemes 141