Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- Director registration for SA question 404 16
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 109 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 240 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 486 22
- Voluntary Disclosure 84 1
- valuation of vehicles 385 16
- Business only use of company car 675 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 500 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 298 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 931 29
- New Company reviews please 528 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 298 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 199 2
- VAT with Russia 206 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 232 4
- Money Laundering Manual 299 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 239 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,107 29
- directors loan 346 8
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 370 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 293
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 243
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 237
- Any thoughts on Capium? 221
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 216
- auto enrolment 185
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 174
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 151
- How to account for investment in JV? 148
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 147