Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 151 3
- Property scam victim 306 5
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 247 9
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 228 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 39 1
- Have i messed up? 739 11
- VAT on garage rent 112 8
- Are HMRC getting it right? 418 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 48 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 87 2
- Tasks for new trainees 134 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 64 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 59 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 555 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 100 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,641 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 252 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,809 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 170 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 142 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,090
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 572
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 382
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 287
- Charge out rates in London? 241
- Interest on Loan to a Company 188
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 173
- Agent fees to sell business 162
- Alphabet shares 159
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 153