Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- Self Assessment and P11D 64 3
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 124 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 604 22
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 865 36
- TRONC scheme 100 1
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 118 3
- Investment from Friend 140 8
- Advice on letting a client go ? 686 13
- Capital Gains Relief 145 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,600 29
- Identity check problem 1,251 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 186 3
- Business Set up cost 104 1
- Aged Debtor 82 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 966 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 99 3
- blank - ignore 500 8
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 89 2
- calculate mortgage interest 366 5
- Do we have to register for VAT? 458 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 574
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 541
- Latest phishing scam 473
- Entrepreneurs' relief 418
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 343
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 242
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 237
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 165