Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- signature required 440 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 489 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 157 5
- Settlement discount 51 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 85 5
- CT600 39 1
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 151 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 91 2
- Pratice Management Software 46 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 190 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 108 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 178 2
- Homing sandwiches 369 9
- Related Party Transactions 103 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 84 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 460 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 754 13
- More AE! 758 17
- Web sites 242 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 605 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,230
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 511
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 307
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 187
- TheTax Donut 173
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 156
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 155