Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- Change if career direction from industry to practice 24 1
- recompense capital input 209 12
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 743 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,152 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 701 31
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 80 1
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 259 8
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 106 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 235 2
- CT losses carry back 112 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 548 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 183 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 781 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 420 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,288 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 160 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 186 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 233 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 995 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 221 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 800
- RTI - duplicate employee record 566
- Pensions Regulator 455
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 415
- Portia ... Where art thou 339
- Sanzar 317
- How do you do it 304
- Digital marketing focus group 300
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 274
- new investor structure 185