Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- What are options for non CA firm 2,806 59
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 298 8
- Opening Balances 189 2
- 27,000 Really? 1,096 34
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 111 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 570 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 39 1
- Legal title not in the company name 776 23
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 77 1
- This is getting boring 604 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 245 7
- pension paid by company? 107 3
- inheritance tax 412 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 341 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 226 4
- State pension 297 3
- Accountancy Career 131 1
- CIC Company 656 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,821 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,285 66
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 395
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 334
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 308
- Probiz 301
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 279
- How not to compose an email 263
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 223