Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- Interprise software 74 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 498 19
- Charity accounting 262 6
- Outsourcing Payroll 88 1
- sage 109 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 152 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,050 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 206 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 135 1
- FBI2 200 3
- Double entry 169 4
- Companies House 148 3
- Small house in garden 148 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 149 2
- Clients 923 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 290 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 150 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 281 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 312 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 131 5
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 539
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 470
- EPS and CIS deductions 328
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 311
- Construction CIS LLP Company 302
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 296
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 264
- Overdrawn director account 219
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 205
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 200