Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- Starting up in practice - safety net 41 1
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 170 4
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 272 9
- Rental property company 90 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 255 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 245 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 375 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 137 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 179 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 308 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 143 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 472 5
- Director's tax return 388 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 177 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,126 34
- Flat rate vat 227 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 192 5
- Coming in from the cold 376 3
- Splitting the tax year 186 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 223 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 813
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 564
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 433
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 313
- Free Tax Legislation? 287
- Director Loan account operation 266
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 254
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 254
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 234
- Paye procedures for CVA 173