Treatment for non-government grants
If an entity receives fixed assets as grants from an individual or business entity, what is the accounting treatment for this transaction against the backdrop of the grant not being a government grant, which is provided for under International Accounting Standard 20(IAS 20).
Should the value of the fixed assets received be credited to a grants account and the corresponding debit taken to fixed assets, with annual credits being made to the Income statement over the life of the fixed Asset (in otherwords no depreciatio being charged at all!!!!) such that the grant account would have been released in its entirety by the end of the estimated useful life of the Fixed Asset?
Also, what should be the amount that should be recognised as being the value of the asset given as grant- i.e. is it the market value subsisting at the date of the grant or otherwise?
Please provide me with the Reporting framework/standard (UK and/or International) for this type of transaction.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift reply.
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 274 7
- Fee base v staff ratio 470 7
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 145 4
- payroll software 432 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 233 13
- Cash basis 560 14
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 57 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 251 3
- Statutory sick pay 351 5
- client threatening legal action 2,153 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 149 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 200 1
- Instant CPD offer 314 3
- Income from rent charged to business 192 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 464 5
- Dividend in specie 384 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 193 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 154 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 287 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 305 1
- Skandia using wrong address 586
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 314
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 313
- Employee rewards 295
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 264
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 232
- Etax Australian 194
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 136
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135