Trust accounts - investments
I am in the process of completing a set of trust acocunts (one of very few for my firm) which has significant listed investments.
We have always carried this forward at cost price.
I deal with ltd companies usually and would always carry these at market value.
Is there a reason why they have been kept at cost price historically? Are there different rules for trust accounts?
Thanks for your help
- flat rate scheme 831 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 598 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 126 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 247 1
- CIS online 162 3
- Class IV NIC 186 3
- bookkeeping system 211 4
- Company van paid by director 119 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,574 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 254 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 141 3
- Private company division 119 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 309 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 644 7
- Split year treatment ? 130 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 286 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 114 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 210 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 260 3
- Special dividends & CGT 313 2