Trust accounts - investments
I am in the process of completing a set of trust acocunts (one of very few for my firm) which has significant listed investments.
We have always carried this forward at cost price.
I deal with ltd companies usually and would always carry these at market value.
Is there a reason why they have been kept at cost price historically? Are there different rules for trust accounts?
Thanks for your help
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 293
- Set up a company pension 247
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 218
- HMRC Lost PAYE Clients 182
- EIS 179
- Sage 50 Remittance Advices 179
- Driving sales growth 178
- Regiatration of a Trust 176
- Where's our 10%? 174
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 173
- IHT business relief of unlisted loan stock 166
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 156
- Best structure 149
- Break up basis accounting 147
- Inorporation using S165 gift relief 147
- Property owned privately 146
- Forms P11D[b] and Payment Slips 141
- Can I defer direct customer acquisition costs? 140
- Mortgage application for intending director. 137
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 131