Trust accounts - investments
I am in the process of completing a set of trust acocunts (one of very few for my firm) which has significant listed investments.
We have always carried this forward at cost price.
I deal with ltd companies usually and would always carry these at market value.
Is there a reason why they have been kept at cost price historically? Are there different rules for trust accounts?
Thanks for your help
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,088 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 132 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 604 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 126 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 128 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 176 1
- How to deal with prior year error 174 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 544 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,346 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,052 20
- Tax Calculations 660 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 419 4
- Exemption from CGT 253 2
- VAT Registration 260 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 469 14
- Autumn statement predictions 452 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 358 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 202 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 650 26