Trust accounts - investments
I am in the process of completing a set of trust acocunts (one of very few for my firm) which has significant listed investments.
We have always carried this forward at cost price.
I deal with ltd companies usually and would always carry these at market value.
Is there a reason why they have been kept at cost price historically? Are there different rules for trust accounts?
Thanks for your help
- ACCA - still making me laugh 216 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 159 6
- Start up allowance? 462 13
- Old CGT loss 324 9
- New Starter Checklist 303 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 439 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 810 22
- Goodwill complications 349 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 583 21
- TaxCalc Accounts production 255 3
- HMRC Distraint 247 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 210 2
- Will I need to resign? 694 9
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 132 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 391 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 459 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,049 16
- How to explain this to someone 277 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,428 20
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 661 15