Two businesses within a Ltd Company
Client of mine set up a Ltd Company a year or so ago. During that time he worked exclusively on a golfing website business that as at today has incurred approx £20k of expenses but no income.
In year 2 he has now taken up work as an IT contractor working through the same Ltd Company, with the golf business still operating in the background with the initention of this also bringing in income.
So, for year 1, I am proposing a set of dormant accounts (as no income) but am concerned as to what happens at end of year 2 - can we bring in the £20k plus of golf business expenses and offset against the IT income? Naturally this will lead to a large reduction in profits and hence CT.
Any advice is appreciated.
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 548 12
- Personal Tax 443 11
- Xerocon 2016 947 19
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 144 4
- USA Tax Query 108 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,644 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 925 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 165 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 218 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 582 18
- Corrupt Excel File 670 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 338 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,960 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,166 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 282 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 378 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 137 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 255 4
- last minute request 469 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,246 46