Two businesses within a Ltd Company
Client of mine set up a Ltd Company a year or so ago. During that time he worked exclusively on a golfing website business that as at today has incurred approx £20k of expenses but no income.
In year 2 he has now taken up work as an IT contractor working through the same Ltd Company, with the golf business still operating in the background with the initention of this also bringing in income.
So, for year 1, I am proposing a set of dormant accounts (as no income) but am concerned as to what happens at end of year 2 - can we bring in the £20k plus of golf business expenses and offset against the IT income? Naturally this will lead to a large reduction in profits and hence CT.
Any advice is appreciated.
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 70 2
- flat rate scheme 2,315 47
- Signed accounts for bank 629 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 820 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 117 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 285 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 147 5
- VAT Query on new build 85 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 131 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 139 4
- Family Partnership 228 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 77 1
- P11D Car Value 251 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 703 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,499 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,222 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 288 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,103 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 175 1