UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Would this save hours of your time? 369 9
- Wrong career 424 18
- Laptop purchase 1,352 20
- PTP software disaster 224 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 157 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 204 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 91 2
- Director's tax return 195 3
- Tricky VAT question 138 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 102 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 230 6
- VT accounts licence key 237 5
- Weely paid employees 211 2
- Splitting the tax year 84 1
- FPS Submission 136 2
- Value pricing 640 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 205 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 131 1
- vat return 221 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 175 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 789
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 409
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 291
- Free Tax Legislation? 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 235
- Director Loan account operation 234
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 233
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 228
- Paye procedures for CVA 159