UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Time recording 24 1
- Land Registry 237 3
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 18 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 59 1
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 491 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 944 13
- Auto Enrolment 651 4
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 165 5
- Transferring rental property to limited company 376 12
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 792 19
- Company Number 10000000 320 4
- Advertising Tips? 263 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,507 29
- IR35 354 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 389 12
- Revenue phishing examples 197 1
- iris update 11.9.2 181 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 447 13
- 2015 tax year end 531 1
- Company Structure 291 8
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 730
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 431
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 371
- Costly Accounting Software contract 355
- Directors' advances and credits 282
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 249
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195