UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 73 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 43 2
- Is it just me ... 53 1
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 294 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 98 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 213 13
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 197 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,395 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 79 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 343 14
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 246 5
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,134 27
- How to network with other Accountants? 578 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 531 21
- Advice for new build property 114 3
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 292 5
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 291 8
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 233 3
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 157 1
- Sage Line 50 110 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 402
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 371
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 349
- Electric Car 286
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 173
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 165
- AIA 160
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153