UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 260 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 1,486 11
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 143 6
- Company dividends 480 14
- dividend versus capital distribution 136 3
- Private Residence Relief after gift 211 4
- EIS reinvestment relief 106 4
- Advice on letting a client go ? 411 6
- Paying the £30,000 remittance basis charge 97 2
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 184 7
- Receipt bank 216 5
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 205 3
- Declaration of interest 59 1
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,746 91
- Unbelievable!! 530 3
- Relevant earnings and losses 172 4
- Non resident income. 326 16
- Knuckle down one week to go! 1,200 23
- Urgent question on company accounting period before it become dormant 118 2
- Do we have to register for VAT? 271 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 865
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 557
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 523
- Latest phishing scam 433
- Entrepreneurs' relief 396
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 349
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 325
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 310
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 232
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 206