UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Starting new accounting business 173 3
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 423 10
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 94 2
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 332 14
- Are agent account managers any good? 114 2
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 136 1
- Non Resident Landlord Scheme - Penalties 54 3
- Tolley UK sales number 190 6
- VAT registration - which address? 45 1
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 73 2
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 223 4
- On line Remote Training 238 7
- Clients 593 11
- Group Relief 74 1
- Sage 200 vatable journal? 101 4
- Transfer of stock 247 12
- Can a Directors Pension be paid into a Ltd Company 148 1
- New client procedure 299 4
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 242 2
- Enterprise relief 116 2
- QROP pension input amounts 488
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 468
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 435
- EPS and CIS deductions 290
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 281
- Construction CIS LLP Company 272
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 235
- SAGE winforecast 195
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 178
- Overdrawn director account 170