UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 542 9
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,055 51
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 175 4
- Peer to Peer lending 1,049 8
- Small company audit 309 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 102 2
- R&D tax credit claim 253 6
- CIC Company 494 6
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 347 8
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 250 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 507 11
- HMRC Property campaign 787 10
- Estate agent and VAT registration 192 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 122 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 379 12
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 220 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 234 5
- Problem partnership fees 159 1
- Car financed by employee 147 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 147 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 610
- Cancelled 355
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 338
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 268
- Probiz 255
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 210
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 200
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 192
- Car leasing scheme 188