UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- 5th April 267 9
- Company buy back of shares from directors 196 11
- Please tell me what to do!! 317 8
- VAT on exports to EU 79 1
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,985 33
- Cash basis 135 5
- Cash basis 793 28
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 275 2
- Investor exit 248 4
- client threatening legal action 2,311 31
- When & How much of Income to recognise 139 2
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 236 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 345 14
- Undeclared rental income 2,589 23
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 573 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 335 9
- Rental income 158 2
- s455 Directors loan 218 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 76 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,193 8
- Skandia using wrong address 611
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 327
- Employee rewards 310
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 275
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 200
- LLP in Construction Industry 165
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 153
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 141
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 137