UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Employee works in UK paid by Denmark and uses company car from another business 12 1
- RTI and Directors' salaries 135 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 181 3
- Travel costs and contractors 249 2
- Importers 99 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 262 4
- vat help for catering concession 122 2
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 238 4
- dfgd fget 81 1
- More AE! 216 6
- New business - journal entries 606 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 211 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 54 1
- aia 113 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 443 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 453 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 241 5
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 255 7
- Merger of Two companies 558 20
- Merging 514 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 988
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 742
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 431
- Digita Hosted Software 248
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 246
- Social investment tax relief 243
- Call Centre Data Costs 227
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 182
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 147
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 137