UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,052 36
- Disengagement Help! 1,298 20
- Accounting for stolen van? 79 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,140 21
- Capital losses on foreign property 145 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 674 10
- self employed losses 125 1
- Unpaid fees 401 9
- Vat payable on van 300 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 559 13
- AccountingWEB survey 305 2
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 592 12
- Change PAYE agent address 135 1
- Account and Taxable Profit 558 22
- Save QCD's 321 6
- Tax Calculations 761 11
- Bankstream 1,211 28
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 137 1
- Probate services 590 18
- Cash gift from India 439 12