UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 125 4
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 455 9
- Question regarding gym training 79 1
- Directors Subsistence 334 3
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,029 26
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 555 9
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 176 2
- How long are 64-8s taking these days? 407 9
- R&D tax credit claim 148 4
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 359 5
- New company - form a group? 79 1
- Not a good start no broadband 197 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 124 3
- Married woman dies owning marital home 328 2
- Incorporation Relief 295 6
- Penalty suspension 155 2
- is this fraud? 371 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 338 7
- Corporate shareholder question 229 4
- Bartercard 318 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 560
- Cancelled 336
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 321
- Cancelled 276
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 240
- Probiz 221
- CIS Deductions 179
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 169
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 160
- Car leasing scheme 154