UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 185 6
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 77 4
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 497 12
- Companies House 49 2
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 90 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 363 7
- Company Pension Contributions 235 6
- Gross Profit Percentage 146 4
- Expenses allowable 123 3
- How to Value a Business 443 8
- Let Property Campaign 370 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 110 1
- Self employment trap - pension 329 3
- Awkward IP 598 9
- ESC A19 115 2
- When does my Property business start 259 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,529 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 862 19
- Preparing a consolidated TB 225 5
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,241 20
- CTA study material 593
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 590
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 364
- Employment related securities question 221
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 194
- ATED Penalties 192
- AIM Stocks and IHT 174
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 129
- Expat pension contributions? 124
- Trust for Employee 124