UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 307 5
- See you all on the other side 508 6
- 12Pay 240 2
- dividends 297 2
- R&D 195 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,053 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 348 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 252 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 205 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 444 5
- Seeking a tax case 473 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 335 4
- Companies house strike off 298 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 238 2
- Moving to the cloud 669 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 183 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 801 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 173 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,025 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 395 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 530
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 401
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 357
- IRIS and FRS 102 335
- Capitalising Finance Lease 300
- USA help 296
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 263
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 255
- Capital gains on rental property 237
- Sage Coretime 222