UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Allocation of income from property 588 21
- Private company division 269 4
- bookkeeping system 429 6
- Services by BVI Company for UK Company 60 1
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 106 2
- Company car in the LLP 84 1
- Sorry - another PPR question 122 1
- 64-8 problems 298 4
- flat rate scheme 1,780 37
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 866 11
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 308 9
- Unpaid share capital 192 2
- Bad debt receipt for dissolved company 129 1
- VAT Refunds 160 2
- Company van paid by director 302 3
- Hello 317 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,835 51
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 204 4
- Employer reference not recognised? 199 2
- Business trips - director and family 319 2