UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 246 4
- Agent for mobile DJs. Could the DJs be considered to be working for him? 111 1
- UK Subsidiary of Foreign Company 91 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 1,020 31
- Drop Down Boxes 239 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,643 504
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 161 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 593 8
- help needed with rti paye please 173 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 864 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 422 11
- Can't read my handwriting 819 19
- Undeclared rental income 427 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 352 7
- Sick pay 262 6
- Directors self assessment 184 2
- Employer's Helpline 226 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 145 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 202 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,776 70
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,417
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 545
- National Insurance 442
- Non Resident 331
- Hands on experience of Digita 263
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 261
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 172
- Umbrella pay services 147
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 131
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 124