UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Writing Website Content 551 21
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 52 3
- AIA 315 5
- Seeking advice: Charging VAT on commission on my commission! 266 8
- CT600 X ERROR in relation to Tangible Assets 179 9
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 157 3
- Charity Account-independent examiner 91 1
- Capital Goods Scheme 203 7
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 311 7
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 2,697 14
- The Pensions Regulator 345 9
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 105 1
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,573 14
- Badges of trade 294 5
- Rollover Relief - Commercial to Residential 202 6
- Intercompany - Sage 50 Accounts 58 1
- HMRC Post 925 12
- Form 17 Download 294 2
- Schedule A losses 427 12
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,976 26
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 445
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 413
- Electric Car 352
- S222 Charge 277
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 258
- IP trans to holding company 217
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 215
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 193
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 184
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 160