UK Company trading globally
Shareholders One UK National 50% : One Australian 50%
Company provides IT services around the globe
1. Remuneration ' it is proposed to pay salaries in uk.
UK director seems straightforward but what if he is absent for more than a tax year.
What is the Australian's tax situation if he does/ doesn't visit UK?
2.Expenses ' what is the situation regarding expenses while outside the UK?
It has been suggested that a tax-free allowance of £60 per Diem had been agreed when in a previous employment. Is this just a matter of negotiation with local tax office?
There will inevitably be a lot of airfares / hotel accommodation / subsistence as the business is carried out in short assignments around the world.
3. VAT ' presumably any input tax paid in UK eg on leased computer equipment etc can be reclaimed.
What about output tax.
Any other complications?
I am clearly going through the reference books and don't expect all the answers on a plate but any info / warnings would be very much appreciated.
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 156 2
- Vat registration exception 54 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 404 10
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 57 1
- CGT 422 18
- Charity Grant accounting 87 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 391 10
- Property income in different capacities 200 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief 838 46
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 222 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 393 8
- how to object to registered company name... 202 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 486 14
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 399 5
- VAT QUESTION 314 3
- More AE! 694 15
- Money Soft payroll 561 11
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 219 2
- Change of payroll software 431 10
- Director phone costs 293 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,192
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 802
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 497
- Digita Hosted Software 325
- Credit where credit's due....... 290
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 230
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 170
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 146
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 139
- TheTax Donut 132