UK subsidiary of Tax Exempt Parent
I have a situation where a UK company is owned 100% by a company in a tax free area.
The companies only function is to act as a marketing presence in the UK and as such its only income is marketing fees from the parent.
Its only expenses are payroll items for its employees and other admin costs ( travel, rent etc)
it has to charge vat on its maangement fees and has taxable profit that it pays CT on.
My question is. Can the company reorganise and act as a branch. If so then presumably it would just be a loss making branch as the Management Fee could be ignored.
- Landing clients 244 9
- Termination Payment 53 1
- 64-8 problems 489 8
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 290 2
- Signed accounts for bank 91 2
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 324 10
- Payment on account reminders 203 3
- dividend date - whose income is it? 79 1
- Allocation of income from property 724 25
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 86 3
- Hello 494 4
- AIA/Capital Allowances 471 14
- Balancing charge 101 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 280 3
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 832 23
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 171 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,822 26
- RTI and Advances to Employees 423 10
- CTA 307 3
- Anybody got through to VAT today? 116 1