Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 53 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 338 15
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 555 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 69 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 266 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 120 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 528 11
- Flat rate vat error 327 7
- EC VAT 212 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 528 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 288 14
- can I claim a per diem 266 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 137 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,379 8
- VAT on part of a closed pub 247 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 106 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 297 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 536 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 865 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 166 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 838
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 508
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 318
- How to format a stock book 289
- Tax efficient holding company structure 229
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 229
- Investment property company accounts template 219
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 211
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 181