Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- Advisory Fuel Rates 34 4
- CGT on transfer of property 313 19
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,501 28
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 962 20
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 36 1
- The stupidity continues 2,386 101
- Pension Fund Audit for HMRC form APSS106 - suggested program? 53 2
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 70 1
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 198 8
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 67 1
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 151 2
- Excel file Corrupted 147 3
- Benefit in kind but no salary 186 2
- Ishares Ftse 100 (ETF) -Ireland 117 1
- Marketing and email surprises 517 10
- Cis refund for company 179 3
- 45p mileage - stupid question 450 4
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 140 1
- Taxable turnover for VAT registration 235 8
- PRR and Letting relief 138 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 459
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 452
- WIP Software 318
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 301
- No payroll scheme in place 258
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 253
- Is there anything wrong with this? 235
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 234
- Small Part Disposal of Property 210
- Uncommercial property business 203