Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- How much tax should I be payng? 752 33
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 165 4
- Technical reference 203 2
- EIS/SEIS 226 2
- Can S455 tax repaid 292 4
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 187 2
- Form EIS3 122 2
- Comprehensive herd adjustment guidance 152 1
- Does director/largest shareholder's unpaid share capital need to go on a CT600A? 134 5
- Tax return for 05/04/13 shows income for year to 31/01/14 139 2
- Bank loan incorrectly posted 165 3
- CORPORATION TAX ONLINE - BOX 131 241 7
- Box AC60 HMRC Micro-entities CT600 filing 138 2
- Are you a member of the Aweb LinkedIn group? 216 2
- is the new landlord entitled to the 3 month exemption from business rates for empty premises, 190 4
- Foreign Partner - SA109? 84 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 454 7
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 798 10
- CPD - any cheap online sources? 326 7
- P11D penalties 232 1
- The booking.com con 336
- WWOOFers 325
- Cocaine anyone? 319
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 303
- Trade and asset transfers – fair value adjustments 200
- Restriction on loss relief from 2013-14 192
- logical office 181
- Purpose of issuing Holding share capital for s135 share exchange 177
- Associated companies where SCI with only one company in group 173
- barclays UK vesus barclays US 164