Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- Workshops centred around Xero 447 12
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 130 3
- Scams are not always obvious 670 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 97 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 89 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 80 3
- Related party disclosures 161 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 173 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 67 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 602 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 204 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 241 8
- Is this legal? 609 9
- Market Value/Connected Persons 178 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,981 23
- Cells from many sheets 122 2
- Taxation of rental income 193 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 134 6
- Childcare vouchers 95 1
- Directors loan 1,403 9
- New Fangled Penalties 1,040
- Moving away from CCH software 900
- Recruitment agencies 525
- QROP pension input amounts 409
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 361
- Deemed Employment Payment 343
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 306
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 216
- fraud 211