Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- Irish Taxation 117 3
- Self assessment tax arrears 493 6
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 104 2
- Error on SA Tax Return 49 1
- Drector renting room to company 47 1
- Off site storage 122 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 567 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 224 7
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,118 44
- Industrial & Provident Societies 341 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 214 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 310 4
- Self assesment losses 301 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 161 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 162 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 110 2
- Joint Property rent 165 3
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 259 1
- Fee protection 896 16
- Overdrawn DLA 283 9
- Xtuple 561
- Qtac payroll for bureau 384
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 338
- Domain name sale and limited company 227
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 209
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 205
- Investment 203
- Tax on damages received 177
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 172
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 142