Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 174 6
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 877 19
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 450 9
- Can I become a self employed bookkeeper?? 139 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 168 7
- tagging in Iris accounts production for non standard item 108 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 91 1
- Auto-Enrolment 2,853 155
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 102 1
- 'Find an accountant' 194 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 100 1
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 81 1
- Depreciation on property improvements 106 1
- Construction Industry Funding 109 5
- CGT advice on amicable divorce settlement 98 1
- How important are Journals? 328 9
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 721 15
- Company trading loss relief 271 4
- National Insurance 602 1
- Social Worker limited Co 129 1
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 490
- Skandia using wrong address 434
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 381
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 236
- Employee rewards 227
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 206
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 180
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 179