Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,754 80
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 477 10
- Dependant Relative 223 3
- Providing registered office address to clients 217 5
- What would you do in this situation? 312 8
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 193 5
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,502 49
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 425 14
- Foster Care 113 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 791 33
- TOMS - Travel Agents 49 1
- Insurance Claim & VAT 91 1
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 276 5
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 139 2
- HMRC Money Laundering Visit 584 3
- Dividend Payments 506 12
- Employed clients and expenses 896 18
- More HMRC on gov.uk 677 12
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 214 4
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 502 12
- Bonus Bonds 397
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 392
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 304
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 265
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 203
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 197
- Company Car Lease 173
- Finance Lease 162
- Form 42 154
- Demerger Reserve 136