Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 548 15
- RTI submission different to HMRC 1,590 28
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 397 8
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,355 15
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,621 19
- "Audit Report" 183 3
- Free invoicing software 240 3
- When are ltd companies "associated" for Vat and tax purposes? 136 2
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 215 4
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 113 1
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 765 19
- Terminal Losses - Online filing 214 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 238 2
- Coding Notice 261 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 280 6
- New business - journal entries 438 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 247 3
- Payroll software 672 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 305 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 416 10
- Auto enrolment excuses 913
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 729
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 418
- Social investment tax relief 225
- Digita Hosted Software 223
- accounting for this transaction 215
- Call Centre Data Costs 207
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 191
- Incorporating Sole Trade and bringing in spouse 184
- Travel costs and contractors 179