Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 66 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 146 2
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 212 4
- Paying Son 518 17
- Tax Overlap Reporting 80 3
- Employers NI allowance 384 5
- HMRC accounting 97 1
- Love is in the air 74 2
- Dividend taxation 143 2
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 391 4
- iris update 11.9.2 440 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 238 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 655 8
- Which time limits apply? 390 4
- Client Paperwork Retention? 419 10
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 195 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 315 3
- Just checking re PSA 258 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 343 4
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,589 7
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 495
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 267
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 263
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 250
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 237
- Apprenticeship Levy 229
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 225
- Capital Gains personal representatives 208
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 202