Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- Pension contributions 337 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 78 4
- What is IRIS World like? 316 8
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,332 18
- The stupidity continues 180 4
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 110 1
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 453 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 142 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 442 9
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 254 6
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 244 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 195 1
- Share transfer question 318 16
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 545 10
- New Employers Helpline 147 3
- Overlap relief 733 19
- Budget 2015 - take two 209 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 197 4
- VAT Query 204 2
- Sacked my first client 698 14
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 431
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 423
- WIP Software 289
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 219
- Software recommendations 205
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 192
- Small Part Disposal of Property 173