Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 36 1
- inflation rate year on year 50 2
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,665 55
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 75 2
- Yorkshire Day 495 33
- Deleted question? 610 15
- SMP reclaimable by employer 247 6
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 255 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 326 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 139 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 337 15
- E-Magazines and pdfs 139 3
- Late annual return 195 2
- Flat rate VAT 359 8
- corporation tax 475 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,131 29
- Dividend dates 685 13
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 131 2
- Companies House change of shareholding 587 16
- Agent help line - long queues? 196 3
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 569
- Cancelled 454
- Cancelled 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 370
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 349
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 252
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 230
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 222
- More spam 180