Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- Late leaver notification 393 8
- What does PITA mean? 864 22
- Any printer recommendations? 222 7
- PAYE & NIC 299 22
- Corporation Tax disallowed entertaining 267 5
- Interim dividends 226 6
- How do I tackle fraudulent use of a clients SA tax return? 1,118 7
- proposed dividends 705 23
- Business loan not in client's name 128 1
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 176 2
- VAT on Exhibition services 161 4
- Company Payroll 211 2
- Dates, more dates and cessation 132 2
- Out of date tax returns 293 2
- Filling in my self assessment 999 17
- ACCA CPD verifiable units 193 2
- Any chance of winning an Appeal with HRMC for late self assessment charges 385 7
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 487 6
- FPS responses ... 556 16
- Nominal Codes 301 9
- Sanzar 502
- Digital marketing focus group 401
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 382
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 340
- Sainsbury's mangement 338
- Continuity Agreement 331
- Avanti Accounts 330
- Buyback 289
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 237
- Aggresive sales from Iris 208