Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 770 10
- carry back of gift aid 90 2
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 931 11
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 106 3
- Dress code 1,275 29
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 369 4
- Scottish Independance 505 14
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 373 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 705 19
- How to complain about HMRC 1,065 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 334 8
- NOMINAL CODES 332 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 186 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 727 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 287 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 238 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 377 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 432 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 126 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 255 1
- CTA study material 747
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 462
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 345
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 240
- Trust for Employee 227
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 148
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140