Unincorporating a business
Looking for a bit of help. I've dealt with plenty of incorporations but never an unincorporation.
Am I right in thinking that the rules regarding the transfer of stock and assets are pretty much the same for an unincorporation as they are for an incorporation?
i.e. Plant & Machinery at lower of actual consideration and original cost or joint election to transfer at TWDV.
Stock at market value or election for higher of acquisition cost or amount actually sold for.
The sole director/shareholder is owed quite a bit more than there is in the bank, so presumably some of his loan can be satisfied by transferring assets and stock to him? This still won't cover the additional amount owing (I assume he can't "pay" more than the market value for either assets or stock") so could he be deemed to have paid for goodwill also (so he can then write it off in his sole trader accounts to reduce tax liability) or is that not allowed as they are connected? Whether the goodwill actually has any value would be highly debatable as although the business is trading it doesn't actually make enough to even cover very basic expenses.
Would be grateful for any advice on this.
- Can't read my handwriting 58 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,429 65
- RTI Payroll for director of a limited company (no other employees) 32 1
- cross border vat 19 1
- PPR posers 85 1
- Allocating Partnership Profit Loss and offseting loss against general income 110 5
- revers sales receipt 88 4
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,835 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,325 459
- Transfer shares to son 138 5
- What accounting software is there for Irish Accounts? 239 3
- Shares received in return for services rendered 83 1
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 462 5
- Overnight subsistence 80 1
- 100% Xero practice 2,653 50
- Franchise income and costs 291 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 274 3
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 624 11
- Devolved HMRC? 179 2
- capital gains on PPR 374 18
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,335
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 492
- National Insurance 379
- Non Resident 305
- Hands on experience of Digita 228
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 201
- Employer's Helpline 175
- employment capital allowances 169
- Use of home expenses Rent calculation 166
- CIS paid under reg 9 165