Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 178 6
- IRIS Practice Management 178 3
- Pre- trading Expenses 143 2
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 366 16
- Mortgage Interest and rental income 53 1
- Charities sorp - portfolio management fees 177 5
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 309 12
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 386 10
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 110 1
- Easy way to not pay tax 223 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 350 8
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 202 2
- Builder using cash labour 154 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 229 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 458 11
- Was I rude 858 20
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 222 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 300 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 228 6
- Non-compete agreement 201 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,489
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 827
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 423
- Sale of business 397
- NOVA 302
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 213
- Bonus Bonds 181
- Management expenses for investment company 178
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 172