Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 73 1
- Invoice Help 188 5
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 533 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,909 35
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,218 12
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 119 12
- Errors in prior year accounts 777 20
- VAT & capitalising 43 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 284 5
- Limited Company keeping receipts 182 2
- Free Shares ? 228 2
- Is this a scam? 544 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 288 7
- Sorry ignore me 865 23
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 267 6
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 142 1
- Employee overpaid who has left 194 3
- Peer to Peer lending 862 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 97 2
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 210 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 621
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 529
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 292
- Cancelled 282
- Cancelled 242
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 188
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 186
- Probiz 167
- What's the market like for temps? 162
- Married woman dies owning marital home 158