Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- Tax residence 129 4
- Linux Accounting Software 335 9
- Dividend payments to spouses 81 2
- VAT on part of a closed pub 52 2
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 66 1
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,771 37
- Accountant software 332 9
- Capitalising Intellectual Property 68 1
- Pension contributions limits 223 10
- Flat rate vat error 128 3
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 205 5
- VAT on nightclub vouchers 106 4
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 310 7
- Which software for practice books? 410 17
- Seed EIS company 72 2
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 147 7
- EC TAX 55 1
- Write off of former director's loan 324 7
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 89 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 105 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 666
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 494
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 456
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 280
- How to format a stock book 241
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 200
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 195
- Tax efficient holding company structure 184
- Investment property company accounts template 176
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 167