Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- Rights of Alphabet shares 174 5
- Telephone call from "Xero" 136 3
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 137 3
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 344 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 186 4
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 111 2
- P9D or P11D 883 8
- Business Bank account 95 3
- P35 and Service Company questions 229 6
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 676 28
- Purchase of ltd company 92 3
- Repairs or Improvement? 109 2
- Share Capital 162 3
- Administrative restoration 162 4
- Limited company 72 2
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 164 3
- Excel formula 460 9
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 165 4
- Companies House incorporation service 404 13
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,626 13
- Xtuple 555
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 322
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 308
- CIS schemes 228
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 194
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 185