Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 137 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,068 32
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 148 2
- What would you do in this situation? 658 14
- Dress code 475 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 507 16
- Project being run jointly 204 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 312 4
- Companies House 609 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 365 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 733 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,444 25
- Help Required 423 10
- directors control and tax problems 302 5
- Fastest Software 806 13
- What's in a name ? 400 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 312 4
- Bulk Invoicing 192 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 185 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 265 2
- CTA study material 714
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 437
- Employment related securities question 274
- AIM Stocks and IHT 252
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 249
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 225
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 213
- Expat pension contributions? 200
- Trust for Employee 197
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 176