Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,086 28
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 140 5
- SA Agent's Priority Line 37 2
- Company Director In Prison 247 6
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 749 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 636 13
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 133 7
- Managing Employee Expenses 134 5
- Charity work 130 6
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 274 3
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 661 21
- MAAT vs ACCA 355 6
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,540 70
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,539 55
- VAT registration? 142 1
- ec sales lists 155 1
- VAT registration to supply services in EU 136 1
- Vat Retrospective Reclaim 148 1
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 118 4
- Small company audit 761 12
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 662
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 478
- Cancelled 418
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 358
- Probiz 328
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 312
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 240
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 183