Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- error on companies house accounts 722 18
- RTI penalties 76 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 513 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 133 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 307 5
- US Sales Tax 112 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 367 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 198 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 131 1
- Group Relief 127 4
- R&D Credits 102 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 248 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 119 2
- Clients 681 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 312 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 133 3
- Starting new accounting business 298 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 462 10
- Sage Payroll 119 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 117 2
- QROP pension input amounts 499
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 481
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 444
- EPS and CIS deductions 298
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 290
- Construction CIS LLP Company 283
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 248
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 205
- SAGE winforecast 203
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 186