Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- P11d query 269 5
- Rental expenses 57 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 138 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 352 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 88 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 337 4
- No more tax returns... 1,540 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 297 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 478 10
- Landing clients 424 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,155 22
- Termination Payment 213 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 222 3
- CRM / marketing 114 2
- Allocation of income from property 759 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,886 28
- Opening a Quick books file 145 1
- 64-8 problems 524 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 351 10