Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 228 1
- will this work for IHT 248 2
- Best software for small practice? 633 20
- Paid too much !! 237 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,739 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 248 7
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 78 2
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 187 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 480 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 109 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 88 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 89 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 475 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 748 11
- Sports Sponsorship 139 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 257 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 213 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 241 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,325 14
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,271 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 766
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 454
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 274
- DTA tie-breaker issue 262
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 246
- CGT for NOn UK residents 220
- Apprenticeship Levy 202
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181
- Just checking re PSA 175