Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- Registering a company late 279 10
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,037 27
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 149 1
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 95 6
- Deferred Tax 236 5
- Late Registration for VAT 200 6
- Personal pension 233 4
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,264 17
- How much of your work is admin? 338 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 188 3
- physiotherapy clinic 591 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 185 2
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 74 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 323 8
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,813 23
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 291 4
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,967 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 119 2
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 120 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 441 7
- TheTax Donut 1,013
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 678
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 624
- Follower cases 489
- Hive up 417
- Limited company purchase of property 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 330
- AIA or IFA 215