Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 177 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 857 38
- Is this fraud? 400 7
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 633 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 384 12
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 430 18
- Furnished lettings criteria 197 2
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 80 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 781 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,471 31
- Saying goodbye 481 13
- Tax on private fuel for own car 212 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 1,024 11
- Flat rate scheme 220 3
- Drop box Storage 223 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 289 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,203 413
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 423 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 179 2
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 144 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,278
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 456
- National Insurance 353
- Non Resident 270
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 262
- Franchise income and costs 242
- Hands on experience of Digita 205
- Employer's Helpline 151
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 148
- employment capital allowances 140