Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- Mortgage Adviser's request 120 4
- CGT on spouse's death 67 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 378 8
- Payroll software 167 4
- Company UTR numbers 286 6
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 343 9
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 636 30
- Starting Again 110 1
- Summer house for business only 55 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 83 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 546 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 118 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 110 3
- How do you count your clients 394 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 146 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 107 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 465 9
- Property Expenses 113 3
- Accrued salary unpaid 151 3
- Calling my southern Brothers. 739 15
- Construction CIS LLP Company 588
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 576
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 374
- Pensions Regulator 344
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 277
- Government Gateway - VAT 271
- Using the correct forms 259
- SA penalty proposals 243
- RTI - duplicate employee record 229
- Accelerated payment notices 224