Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 505 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 269 4
- Late registration for MOSS 198 4
- Professional Clearance 1,006 24
- Self employed care worker 406 9
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 232 5
- Client right to working papers 141 2
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 318 7
- Illegal share transfer 424 5
- Audacity 853 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 146 2
- Company Strike off 1,798 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,073 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 370 3
- Estate admin practicalities 207 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,472 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 311 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,774 31
- Joint owners of rental properties 341 6
- Capital stated on incorporation too low by several orders of magnitude. 329 2
- NHS finance professionals 526
- VAL231 406
- Mother and son property ownership 364
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 353
- Foreign Pension Contribution 328
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 302
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 279
- vat gross profit percentage margins 267
- Incorporated LLP partners, CIS and IR35 262
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 249