Unreceipted expense claim
Client has provided their P11d info and accounts to June 11 in one go (yes I know P11ds are late).
The expense claim (he is Ltd Co contractor) details each day mileage x to Y, other sundry items eg train etc but every day he is on site he has claimed £2.20 coffee and £6.00 subsistence. The daily claim merely says "Subsistence (un-receipted)" - it adds up to some £1500.
I am quite sure he oes buy a costa/starbuck every day and lunch, I have no issue with that but he same every day - not even any allowance for more/less on hungry/non-hungry days!!
Now I know he will say, "my last accountant let me do it and never mentioned I was doing anything wrong", but I am of a mind to go back and tell him that he can't do the round sum claim without proof. Or at least he can but he will get taxed on it.
Before I shove my size 12s in my mouth do any of you have any ideas as to a practical resolution.
- Personal Tax 268 8
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 241 2
- 64-8's amazingly quick 31 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,199 46
- Practical experience 870 16
- Xerocon 2016 838 13
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,885 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 249 2
- Mortgage Reference 205 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 181 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 440 9
- VAT 310 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 242 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 218 1
- last minute request 327 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 83 1
- Cash gift from India 511 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 90 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 491 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 148 2