An unusual type of dividend waiver - but does it work?
I want to pay each of my shareholders different amounts of dividends on a completely discretionary basis.
I dont want to have alphabet shares as there's too many shareholders. I also do not want the administative issues and uncertainty of asking for waivers annually.
If the shareholders agree (which they do), can I simply have one class of share, give each shareholder one share each, and place a provision in the articles which says shareholders are NOT entitled to equal dividends and shall only receive that amount which the directors determine in respect of each of them?
Does this work?
Any alternative solutions?
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,638 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 235 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 328 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 373 5
- Client Paperwork Retention? 482 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 120 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 513 1
- Paying Son 619 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 336 7
- HMRC accounting 246 3
- Employers NI allowance 440 6
- Dividend taxation 251 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 156 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 177 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 149 3
- Love is in the air 158 2
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 437 4
- iris update 11.9.2 445 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 271 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 682 8
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 273
- CGT for NOn UK residents 269
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 256
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 242
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 228
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 207
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 185