Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- Busines software 100 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 169 6
- Converting a barn for business use 177 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 112 3
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 294 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 297 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 458 10
- are receipts needed? 593 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 270 3
- Bookkeping software 706 7
- Clogged Losses 274 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 252 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 649 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 307 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 258 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 118 1
- General tax book with planning 256 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 193 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 200 1
- Gift of property & improvements 157 3
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 519
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 316
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 264
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 180
- P11D benefit received by widow 158
- EXACT ONLINE 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 150