Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 125 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 185 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 72 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 59 1
- Overpayment relief claim 140 5
- Charity reserves 124 3
- Have i messed up? 630 10
- rates of pay query 194 2
- Year end 342 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 196 3
- Comments on this scenario 69 1
- Related Parties Note 412 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 84 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 119 4
- loss on carbon credits 100 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 569 9
- SAGE con 186 3
- Dazed & confused 179 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 233 2
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 231 9
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,005
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 544
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 359
- Tax efficient holding company structure 286
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 272
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 212
- Charge out rates in London? 208
- Personal consumption by landlord 179
- Interest on Loan to a Company 172
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 149