Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- Vat 54 3
- PAYE 59 3
- xerocon 35 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,085 10
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 151 1
- VAT: option to tax 100 2
- IHT dilemma 285 11
- Share Valuation 56 2
- Personal Allowance for non residents 346 9
- Dormant company or not? 304 13
- VAT - Land Related Services 88 1
- Best form of debt recovery 157 3
- Backdating VAT claim 38 1
- WIP recognition for builders 374 8
- Do I need to keep subscribing to CIMA post qualification? 288 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 165 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 101 2
- Share Issue 215 1
- Payment of Capital from and LLP and Corporate member 146 11
- Client avoiding UK Tax. 750 23
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 654
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 518
- Auto enrolment excuses 484
- Removed post 369
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 344
- Social investment tax relief 160
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 154
- Call Centre Data Costs 153
- Digita Hosted Software 138
- option to tax 126