Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- Use of aliases 464 15
- Builder - Roll over relief 223 13
- Self Employed travel 182 2
- PII and previous accountant 214 6
- xbrl accounts and HMRC template help 523 11
- What's the plural? 253 6
- Alphabet Shares - tax implications? 1,425 8
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 192 5
- deleted 499 23
- DISCOUNTED RENT FREE PERIOD 135 2
- VAT - Quidco Cash-back 208 3
- Subsidiary or New Company? 69 2
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 242 3
- VAT on Import goods 141 4
- Sale of Van to a Guernsey company and VAT 105 2
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 719 8
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 82 1
- Client leaving and querying previous years accounts 664 25
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 158 1
- CGT on Self Build Plus Another Property 183 8
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 559
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 409
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 315
- IFA incorporation 286
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 271
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 270
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 240
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 228
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 198
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 191