Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,122 85
- Where can I get the information for this 373 7
- BrightPay 370 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 212 3
- CGT &LLP 82 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 547 4
- Setting up an offshore company 114 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 185 16
- Secure document exchange 139 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 162 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 394 7
- break even point 179 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 117 3
- Fax to email providers 327 11
- Payroll software 257 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 148 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 144 4
- How to issue shares to investors 100 1
- Expense management software 633 12
- Tax code 165 1