Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 45 1
- Limited company buying director's car 244 10
- Limited company buying a car 58 2
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 32 1
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 74 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 37 1
- WC's and capital allowances 154 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 281 13
- Dress code 1,524 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 466 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 228 6
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 418 7
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 356 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 462 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 146 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 81 3
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 180 4
- Trees and hedging - capital expenditure 157 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,428 17
- Scottish Independance 770 23
- CTA study material 763
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 473
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 383
- Employment related securities question 303
- AIM Stocks and IHT 276
- Expat pension contributions? 252
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 252
- Trust for Employee 230
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 162
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 144