Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 180 12
- Your fondest calculator memories 491 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 387 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 163 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 180 6
- Buy to let allowable interest 36 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 287 4
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 391 5
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 308 13
- Consequential loss claim 45 1
- private to company car? 96 2
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 121 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 225 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 103 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 862 32
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 397 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 266 4
- That old chestnut 604 9
- Sale of part of business & Entrepreneur's Relief 72 1
- Partner with an IVA 118 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 443
- CTA study material 409
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 298
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 271
- Pre incorp expenses 264
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 233
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 227
- Slight twist on employment related securities 202
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 173
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 170