Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- IT advisory questions? 257 7
- signature required 535 22
- Use of home query 68 1
- Pratice Management Software 157 2
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 232 6
- Error in audited accounts 71 1
- Vat registration exception 199 3
- CIS software 80 2
- Homing sandwiches 470 11
- CT600 127 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 183 7
- Settlement discount 146 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 517 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 186 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 175 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 135 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 219 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 139 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 191 2
- Related Party Transactions 130 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,247
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 818
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 524
- Digita Hosted Software 340
- Credit where credit's due....... 316
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 242
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 200
- TheTax Donut 182
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 164
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 164