Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 50 2
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 95 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 441 17
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 179 6
- Paid too much !! 145 1
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 71 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 61 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 62 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 470 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 737 11
- Sports Sponsorship 108 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 233 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 206 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 188 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,305 14
- Best software for small practice? 599 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,256 21
- HMRC Enquiry 468 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 214 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 288 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 764
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 453
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 223
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181