Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,257 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 105 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 380 15
- Companies House incorporation service 287 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 22 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 93 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 179 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 91 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 167 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 124 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 119 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,576 12
- Share Capital 90 2
- Trading income or not? 155 1
- Charge HMRC 373 3
- FRS17 query 226 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,758 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,641 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 567 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 284 2
- Xtuple 542
- Qtac payroll for bureau 372
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 314
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 285
- CIS schemes 217
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 182
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 178
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 176