Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,463 282
- business card address 240 6
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 182 3
- Declined for business bank account 111 3
- Loan to a related company 36 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 600 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 315 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 220 8
- property rental income split 99 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 132 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 91 1
- Payroll provider 129 5
- How do we report and pay tax liability of company car we give to employee? 135 1
- Family loan 356 8
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 368 5
- Standard 'email' template system 817 13
- Donations (to a school!) 333 10
- Circular shareholding 156 3
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 263 1
- Employment related securities question 560 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,106
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 362
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 298
- National Insurance 268
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 238
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 219
- Non Resident 182
- Franchise income and costs 174
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 161