Urgent Annual Investment Allowance
Annual Investment Allowance
Client has tax year ending 31st March. He paid deposit for vehicle in March 2010 but the vehicle has to be made to certain specifications and did not arrive until August 2010 with full purchase price then invoiced less the deposit.
Would like to include the vehicle purchase in the tax year ending 5 April 2010 - but the goods were not in use until September 2010 - client is paying in HP instalments over 72 months.
Would like to claim AIA on full purchase cost of £91k at the 50k limit.
Obviously next year it would attract the full 91k but would mean creating a loss.
However a claim this year would reduce tax payer from the higher rate.
Can I claim A1A for the tax year ending 5 April 2010.
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 199 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 189 9
- JIEB Exams 131 1
- RTI 86 1
- Christmas party 100 1
- Am i Liable? 109 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 738 10
- Checking a contract 293 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 310 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 230 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 160 7
- VAT on garage rent 324 14
- Value-shifting 64 1
- Pattern for CTA 207 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 450 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 229 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 241 5
- EBT 179 1
- Giving a seminar 529 28
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,210
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 608
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 407
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 314
- Agent fees to sell business 189
- Alphabet shares 189
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 182
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 175
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 163
- Office recharges 147