valuation of business
A charity hived off some of its core activities to a private company set up by the trustees. This was ostensibly to reduce risk but that could have been addressed by setting up a trading subsidiary of the charity as a limited company.
The company has traded profitably for several years, income going to the owners / directors (also trustees of the charity) that should have gone to the charity.
How can I best assess the loss to the charity (all I have for the company are abbreviated accounts from the Companies House website) ???
- Xerocon 2016 1,088 28
- New Build 72 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 63 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,227 43
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 693 15
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 73 1
- USA Tax Query 249 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 397 5
- last minute request 582 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 300 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 329 7
- Personal Tax 566 11
- Disengagement Help! 1,699 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 965 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 369 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 618 18
- Corrupt Excel File 687 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,996 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 295 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 445 7