Van Lease Payments
Hi there, hope you can help.
I am arguing with my colleague regarding the treatment of van lease payments for a sole trader.
I belive the full lease payments are allowable through the P&L as the van is used primarily for business use and private use is insignificant.
Therefore I feel 100% of the lease payments are allowable through the P&L with no restrictions.
However, my colleage thinks if the van is valued at more than £12k I should be applying the expensive leased car restriction.
What do you think ?
- RTI 344 16
- What is going rate on contractor fees ? 1,032 72
- Nigella's tax bill 315 6
- Rant (unrelated to accountancy) 765 23
- Does your car speak Geordie? 451 7
- How to do a Sage Journal/s to put things straight? 95 2
- Just because it's Friday 1,108 14
- RTI notices 251 8
- How do I find out if a company is in liquidation? 227 6
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 1,755 53
- Cheeky boogers ... 309 3
- 2 Properties being rented 214 3
- Co House codes - poor security - be careful 412 11
- Dangerous "HMRC" e .mail 254 1
- Still Looking for Website inspiration 614 18
- Director's Loan Account 307 5
- Company with no directors - what happens next 223 5
- HMRC acting illegally re: removing overpayments from the record? 374 4
- An employee pays another employee commission, who's liable? 203 3
- Google ranking, Google reviews and confidentiality 163 2
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 559
- confusion about 262
- Membership of SPA 232
- Sole trader renting property from self and co owner 230
- Maximum AIA Claimable 220
- Competition time! 219
- Alternate 191
- hp versus contract hire versus lease purchase with balloon 187
- Tax treatment of lost partnership capital 170
- Recommend commission tracking software? 146