VAT and sage instant accounts - HELP!!
I've just started using sage instant accounts v15 for my business, a small shop.
We have just registered for VAT so that we can claim it back. However, when entering purchases should I enter the price paid, including VAT, or excluding VAT. Since we will claim it back should I enter VAT as a prepayment instead or will sage do this for me?
Thanks for your help, as you can probably tell I am a complete novice when it comes to accounting software!
- flat rate scheme 825 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 585 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 117 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 244 1
- CIS online 162 3
- Class IV NIC 173 3
- bookkeeping system 205 4
- Company van paid by director 113 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,570 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 253 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 136 3
- Private company division 106 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 307 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 643 7
- Split year treatment ? 125 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 281 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 112 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 210 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 254 3
- Special dividends & CGT 313 2