VAT and sage instant accounts - HELP!!
I've just started using sage instant accounts v15 for my business, a small shop.
We have just registered for VAT so that we can claim it back. However, when entering purchases should I enter the price paid, including VAT, or excluding VAT. Since we will claim it back should I enter VAT as a prepayment instead or will sage do this for me?
Thanks for your help, as you can probably tell I am a complete novice when it comes to accounting software!
- Running two businesses from the same premises 393 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 58 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,355 42
- How much of your work is admin? 617 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 95 1
- Nominal Ledger 382 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 556 20
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 192 2
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 185 2
- Old CGT loss 204 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 162 3
- Paper tax return 153 4
- Start up allowance? 371 12
- Will I need to resign? 172 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 245 3
- AIA or IFA 452 7
- Surely not? 455 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 639 9
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 358 7
- Late Registration for VAT 361 11