VAT and sage instant accounts - HELP!!
I've just started using sage instant accounts v15 for my business, a small shop.
We have just registered for VAT so that we can claim it back. However, when entering purchases should I enter the price paid, including VAT, or excluding VAT. Since we will claim it back should I enter VAT as a prepayment instead or will sage do this for me?
Thanks for your help, as you can probably tell I am a complete novice when it comes to accounting software!
- property capital gains 168 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 169 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,166 13
- Tips on meals 188 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 518 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 178 3
- Personal Tax 738 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 202 2
- Stumped - IHT 162 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 413 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 474 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,287 33
- Credit management tools 157 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 772 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 412 7
- CGT and primary residence 188 1
- Marriage Allowance 292 3
- S455 and February year ends 343 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 897 18
- Closing down loss-making company 464 5