VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Opt To Tax Refund 235 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 186 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 183 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 593 15
- When to top-up pensions? 140 2
- Support / ticketing software 319 11
- Withdrawal of a quote 334 6
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 312 3
- Imported goods and VAT 122 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 428 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 579 11
- Stamp Duty 161 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,853 22
- Company Number 10000000 984 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 362 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 218 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 461 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,830 29
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 444 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 226 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 795
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 285
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 241
- Apprenticeship Levy 216
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 214
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 208
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 189