VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- The stupidity continues 1,297 67
- AML report needed? 121 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 136 2
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 380 9
- Marketing and email surprises 443 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 761 26
- What is IRIS World like? 407 10
- Bank request To verify Accounts 148 1
- transactions after account have been closed 299 9
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 316 5
- Mlom bollocks 229 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 97 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 583 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 301 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 276 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 163 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,371 25
- New Employers Helpline 229 4
- Software recommendations 291 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 442
- WIP Software 306
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 240
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 235
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 215
- Is there anything wrong with this? 210
- Small Part Disposal of Property 196
- Uncommercial property business 186