VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- CIC Company 517 7
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,334 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 281 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 861 18
- NALS Accountants Report 112 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,477 35
- Legal title not in the company name 283 10
- Dividend dates 569 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 135 3
- Sole properietor 188 4
- transitioning payroll 246 8
- dividend proposals 121 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 242 2
- Deduction from Salary 304 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 206 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,737 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 95 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 440 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 163 2
- 12 Pay Problems 257 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 624
- Cancelled 364
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 312
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 274
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 232
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 231
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 203
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 176