VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- CGT 150 2
- do i have to register new ltd practice as tax agent? 42 1
- international employer please help!! 39 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 434 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 371 4
- When to include value of import in Box 7 73 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 168 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 317 7
- Capital gain? 97 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,266 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 276 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 355 8
- vat help for catering concession 281 10
- IHT dilemma 1,160 17
- Tax return software for remote working 239 3
- CGT 339 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 325 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 113 2
- Compliance check 521 13
- sole trader accountant 806 14
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,088
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 781
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 467
- Digita Hosted Software 282
- Call Centre Data Costs 253
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 229
- Credit where credit's due....... 226
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 211
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 190
- Director phone costs 155