VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 106 2
- flat rate scheme 1,906 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 249 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 115 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 630 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 122 3
- Company Share Buy Back 117 2
- Charitable Payment 205 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 924 15
- Unpaid share capital 252 3
- Company car in the LLP 180 2
- Physiotherapy 339 4
- New build property to be rented 171 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,883 52
- Hello 359 2
- Sage 200 question 114 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 107 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 180 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 184 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 220 4