VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 390 15
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 696 4
- CT return error message 208 6
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 85 1
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 1,586 23
- VAT 92 2
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 68 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 160 2
- FRS17 query 163 1
- Capital repayments 143 3
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 263 6
- Online payroll software 247 4
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 651 7
- Audit rules 290 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 584 10
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 274 1
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 268 1
- Sales Commission to Employees / External Companies 67 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 299 2
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 117 1
- Xtuple 533
- Qtac payroll for bureau 366
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 306
- Industrial & Provident Societies 304
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 245
- CIS schemes 193
- Domain name sale and limited company 192
- Investment 171
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 167
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 150