VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Client having a go at me 322 7
- Member meet up 1 October in London 519 15
- CT600 X ERROR in relation to Tangible Assets 29 2
- Schedule A losses 341 10
- Concurrent users 653 9
- The Pensions Regulator 235 7
- Seeking advice: Charging VAT on commission on my commission! 101 3
- Writing Website Content 176 8
- What would you do? 980 7
- Do HMRC give false information 415 4
- Companies House BETA 736 6
- Rollover Relief - Commercial to Residential 63 1
- HMRC Online services password 314 6
- Date of leaving on P.45 266 10
- Transferring Directors Loan Account Balances 195 1
- Advice for new build property 359 5
- VAT recovery 128 2
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 392 4
- online accounts and timesheets 229 5
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,868 23
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 442
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 403
- Electric Car 341
- S222 Charge 275
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 252
- AIA 225
- IP trans to holding company 213
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 212
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 180
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 176