VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 119 3
- reporting salary? 211 5
- Wrong career 236 9
- Other forums 151 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 345 17
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 131 1
- VT accounts licence key 103 3
- Underpaid National Insurance 117 2
- Career Advice 150 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 111 2
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,905 29
- Would this save hours of your time? 245 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 86 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 171 2
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 216 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 107 3
- Agent with HMRC 281 11
- Quarterly PAYE 282 8
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 193 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 575 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 776
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 530
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 395
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 281
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 225
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 219
- Director Loan account operation 217
- Free Tax Legislation? 214
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 209
- vat return 180