VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Investment properties/freehold land 103 2
- Capital allowances on Software 211 2
- Designated sole Residence 190 4
- A little knowledge 28 1
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 67 3
- Company director and KIT days 105 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,166 50
- Anybody still doing returns? 831 34
- Clothing 576 18
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 282 12
- Digita in the cloud 38 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 225 7
- IHT and US resident 122 2
- Tax relief when working away 49 1
- Parent and subsidiary... 156 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 207 8
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,243 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 362 16
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 746 15
- Anyone know what this is? 328 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 626
- Latest phishing scam 604
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 328
- Scratch Head 267
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 259
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199