VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 48 4
- Will I need to resign? 332 4
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 99 1
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 278 5
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 202 3
- Trade creditor journal 98 2
- How much of your work is admin? 669 8
- Nominal Ledger 412 12
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 170 1
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 194 5
- Old CGT loss 236 4
- Limited company purchase of property 467 1
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 473 2
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 980 14
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 400 9
- HMRC Distraint 132 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 160 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 226 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 439 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,378 42