VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 346 11
- Benefit fraud 3,272 46
- Anybody taken part in the Growth Voucher Scheme? 226 7
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 291 10
- Should I continue with the ACA? 255 6
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 88 1
- Intangble Assets 86 1
- Foreign Premium Distributions 193 4
- Companies House 650 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 273 4
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 300 11
- How much did you pay for your website 1,000 20
- RTI Penalties 154 1
- How to delete of a password protected company? 107 2
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 190 5
- FRS percentage 117 2
- Subsidiary exemption from audit via parent guarantee 96 1
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 260 5
- Gross Profit Percentage 566 11
- Companies House 478 8
- CTA study material 632
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 384
- Employment related securities question 235
- ATED Penalties 207
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 205
- AIM Stocks and IHT 184
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 151
- Expat pension contributions? 141
- Trust for Employee 135
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 127