VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,001 28
- Expense management software 652 13
- Cater Allen Commission 22 1
- Unregistered tax driver 186 5
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 746 30
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 569 16
- S455 429 20
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 88 2
- EIS Relief 143 1
- Splitting rental income on jointly owned property 150 1
- Gift or Capital Gain? 162 4
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 64 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 197 6
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 407 8
- Which PayPal transactions can I ignore? 239 3
- Is this a scam? 1,408 25
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 225 5
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 159 4
- Wednesday rant 331 1
- RTI - new employee 81 1
- Benchmarking 462
- Possible Partnership? 408
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 398
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 378
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 319
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 191
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 172
- Income tax on foreign dividends 166
- Agent Registration - How Long? 164
- Clubs and Taxable Income 163