VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Overseas bank interest 144 4
- Cash basis 298 9
- Contractor accommodation expenses 115 1
- Undeclared rental income 1,955 20
- Kasperskey - home pc 317 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 167 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 277 4
- Statutory sick pay 142 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,899 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,287 12
- Lorry Drivers 365 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 240 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,634 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 143 1
- PRR 587 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 220 2
- Partially exempt? 319 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 268 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 606 4
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 260 10
- Skandia using wrong address 534
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 291
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 287
- Employee rewards 278
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 250
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 243
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 232
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 177
- LLP in Construction Industry 141