VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 223 8
- VAT on garage rent 51 4
- Tasks for new trainees 82 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 58 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 32 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 535 15
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 49 1
- Offshore insurance bonds 95 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,630 46
- Property scam victim 290 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 211 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 239 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,800 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 157 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 131 2
- Partnership returns software 84 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 266 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 68 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 88 1
- company loss, Can he start again?? 155 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,082
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 570
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 381
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 285
- Charge out rates in London? 238
- Interest on Loan to a Company 184
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 171
- Agent fees to sell business 161
- Alphabet shares 157
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 150