VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,021 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 254 7
- Sage data 91 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 414 9
- Limited company buying a car 350 6
- Funding Circle experience 131 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 243 10
- Excel query 91 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,268 13
- Payment on account penalties 101 3
- Tax on free shares 127 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 199 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 121 1
- Audit 480 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 123 3
- Buying a horse?? 420 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 190 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 769 21
- PITA ex-client 266 9
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 364 9
- CTA study material 802
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 493
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 457
- Employment related securities question 321
- AIM Stocks and IHT 308
- Expat pension contributions? 280
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 277
- Trust for Employee 256
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 226
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 160