VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 665 5
- See you all on the other side 714 6
- 12Pay 476 2
- dividends 648 2
- R&D 334 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,196 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 447 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 433 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 386 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 555 5
- Seeking a tax case 658 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 517 4
- Companies house strike off 581 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 445 2
- Moving to the cloud 756 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 220 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 914 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 221 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,096 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 511 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 565
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 422
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 375
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 332
- USA help 320
- Marginal rates of tax 312
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 309
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 296
- Class 2 NI 293