VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- How much can we do to help? 43 1
- Sale Of Shares 23 1
- Accountex flash mob 558 18
- The new married allowance 150 3
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 157 2
- Any good members voluntary liquidators 68 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 689 10
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 863 20
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,755 32
- VAT by Direct Debit 127 8
- Er... 348 2
- Cash extraction pre-sale 209 5
- VAT claim on exempt supply 314 11
- Group structure - transfer of shares 129 5
- Child benefit 360 9
- £3750 earned in Dubai - where on the income tax return??? 157 3
- Tax on selling a sole trader business 325 10
- IR 35 236 5
- Share disposal - help please 115 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 352 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 659
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 410
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 343
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 312
- Using the correct forms 303
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 298
- Sage Vat return box 2 207
- Digital marketing focus group 202