VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 51 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 51 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 140 1
- How to deal with prior year error 114 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 503 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,317 33
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,059 19
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,027 20
- Tax Calculations 650 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 379 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 578 24
- Exemption from CGT 204 2
- VAT Registration 214 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 461 14
- Autumn statement predictions 406 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 300 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 170 3
- Moneysoft error 425 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 645 26
- New client wants to submit tax returns from 06/07 to date, how many years can actually be submitted? 462 3