VAT - charitable status
First of all i make this posting as the putative VAT helpline remains a phone number which only tells me how busy they are and to try later. Since i work in the real world and not in the sheltered environment of public service i don't have that much time on my hands.
So, cathartic expounding finished let me ask the question.
We have a construction type contract where the employer is a charity and thus the work would normally be VAT zero rated, assuming we meet all the other checks - (assume yes). However just been informed that a small part of the works, less than 5% is now considered by the employer to be works attracting standard rate.
Am i correct in thinking that this doesn't detract from the zero rating on the other 95%.
Any views welcome.
- CGT history of shares 175 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 138 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 172 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 335 6
- CGT on sale of let property 113 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 178 2
- how do i get UTR 140 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 88 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 237 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 412 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 130 1
- Your comments please 314 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 191 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 126 2
- EIS 198 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 130 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 115 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 127 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 728 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 207 1
- Moving away from CCH software 969
- QROP pension input amounts 453
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 397
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 383
- fraud 306
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 281
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 246
- Construction CIS LLP Company 231
- EPS and CIS deductions 224
- Out of time or not? 210