VAT on Childrens Nursery
We have just launched a childrens nursery, in space leased from a school.
Capital and other costs have exceeded £30,000 plus VAT. At the outset we were told that we would be able to get the VAT back but now the varying - and opposite - advice from VAT man and VAT girl ammounts to 'no you cant' We are begining to think that the VAT office dont know their own rules.
So, we would appreciate any advice on how to get any of the VAT back now, and in the future.
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 677 18
- Sage Priority Support 78 1
- incorrect old p60 93 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 473 4
- VAT on new builds 104 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 341 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 115 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 105 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 120 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,817 26
- Missing tax return 158 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 917 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 273 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 155 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 550 18
- Physiotherapy 236 3
- Inflation and fees 1,214 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 158 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 277 8
- CGT help please 142 1