Vat on Client Gifts of Alcolhol
What is the rule for reclaiming input vat on giving handover gifts of bottles of champagne when selling cars to the public. They are less than £50, but don't include any advertising or corporate logos etc.
As usual the Inland Revenue website is pretty useless, and I am getting conflicting messages from various other websites.
I believe that vat on alcohol for business entertaining cannot be reclaimed, but are gifts different?
Some are saying that alcohol is specifically excluded and you can't reclaim Vat, and some say that there is no exclusion.
Please what is rule and can you point to the specific bit of legislation.
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,480 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 144 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 92 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 268 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 236 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,235 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 368 6
- Go Cardless 385 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 329 3
- Mehjoo 335 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 151 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 409 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 200 4
- SA302 347 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 297 13
- Bringing money to Uk 303 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 219 4
- Hmrc software 262 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 198 1
- Hosted email exchange 193 5
- Xtuple 522
- Qtac payroll for bureau 357
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 301
- Industrial & Provident Societies 294
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 238
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 216
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 212
- Domain name sale and limited company 183
- CIS schemes 179
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 155