Vat on Client Gifts of Alcolhol
What is the rule for reclaiming input vat on giving handover gifts of bottles of champagne when selling cars to the public. They are less than £50, but don't include any advertising or corporate logos etc.
As usual the Inland Revenue website is pretty useless, and I am getting conflicting messages from various other websites.
I believe that vat on alcohol for business entertaining cannot be reclaimed, but are gifts different?
Some are saying that alcohol is specifically excluded and you can't reclaim Vat, and some say that there is no exclusion.
Please what is rule and can you point to the specific bit of legislation.
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 141 2
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 128 2
- What would you do in this situation? 649 14
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,061 31
- Dress code 457 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 504 16
- Project being run jointly 203 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 311 4
- Companies House 605 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 357 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 733 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,443 25
- Help Required 419 10
- directors control and tax problems 298 5
- Fastest Software 806 13
- What's in a name ? 393 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 306 4
- Bulk Invoicing 191 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 183 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 264 2
- CTA study material 713
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 435
- Employment related securities question 274
- AIM Stocks and IHT 252
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 238
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 221
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 213
- Expat pension contributions? 200
- Trust for Employee 197
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 172