Vat on Client Gifts of Alcolhol
What is the rule for reclaiming input vat on giving handover gifts of bottles of champagne when selling cars to the public. They are less than £50, but don't include any advertising or corporate logos etc.
As usual the Inland Revenue website is pretty useless, and I am getting conflicting messages from various other websites.
I believe that vat on alcohol for business entertaining cannot be reclaimed, but are gifts different?
Some are saying that alcohol is specifically excluded and you can't reclaim Vat, and some say that there is no exclusion.
Please what is rule and can you point to the specific bit of legislation.
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 13 1
- flat rate scheme 187 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 221 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,971 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 143 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 478 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 168 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 104 1
- VAT refund 322 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,286 37
- Turnover on a tax return 558 12
- incorrect old p60 567 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 147 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 189 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 162 1
- Special dividends & CGT 209 1
- Networking 373 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 282 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 308 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 345 5