Vat on Client Gifts of Alcolhol
What is the rule for reclaiming input vat on giving handover gifts of bottles of champagne when selling cars to the public. They are less than £50, but don't include any advertising or corporate logos etc.
As usual the Inland Revenue website is pretty useless, and I am getting conflicting messages from various other websites.
I believe that vat on alcohol for business entertaining cannot be reclaimed, but are gifts different?
Some are saying that alcohol is specifically excluded and you can't reclaim Vat, and some say that there is no exclusion.
Please what is rule and can you point to the specific bit of legislation.
- Mlom bollocks 116 4
- The stupidity continues 1,018 59
- transactions after account have been closed 265 8
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 51 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 148 1
- AML report needed? 47 1
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 635 15
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 563 11
- What is IRIS World like? 384 9
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 359 8
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 260 6
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 283 4
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 253 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 154 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,354 25
- New Employers Helpline 215 4
- Software recommendations 288 1
- Share transfer question 398 17
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 200 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,498 19
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 440
- WIP Software 302
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 237
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 213
- Is there anything wrong with this? 208
- Small Part Disposal of Property 193
- Uncommercial property business 184