Vat on Client Gifts of Alcolhol
What is the rule for reclaiming input vat on giving handover gifts of bottles of champagne when selling cars to the public. They are less than £50, but don't include any advertising or corporate logos etc.
As usual the Inland Revenue website is pretty useless, and I am getting conflicting messages from various other websites.
I believe that vat on alcohol for business entertaining cannot be reclaimed, but are gifts different?
Some are saying that alcohol is specifically excluded and you can't reclaim Vat, and some say that there is no exclusion.
Please what is rule and can you point to the specific bit of legislation.
- Freehold or Investment Property 80 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,839 444
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 833 8
- capital gains on PPR 260 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 374 14
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 239 4
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 204 7
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 214 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,305 62
- Company expansion 114 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 385 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 504 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 528 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,485 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 269 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 204 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 183 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 304 9
- PRR 376 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 418 11
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 373
- Non Resident 298
- Franchise income and costs 264
- Hands on experience of Digita 215
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 168
- employment capital allowances 165
- CIS paid under reg 9 159