Vat on Client Gifts of Alcolhol
What is the rule for reclaiming input vat on giving handover gifts of bottles of champagne when selling cars to the public. They are less than £50, but don't include any advertising or corporate logos etc.
As usual the Inland Revenue website is pretty useless, and I am getting conflicting messages from various other websites.
I believe that vat on alcohol for business entertaining cannot be reclaimed, but are gifts different?
Some are saying that alcohol is specifically excluded and you can't reclaim Vat, and some say that there is no exclusion.
Please what is rule and can you point to the specific bit of legislation.
- How to filter to show only rows with 'Total' in description? 164 4
- Micro Entity Accounts 260 3
- SA -2012_13 return - worth changing? 109 2
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 1,567 14
- IHT dilemma 1,233 18
- Aweb tracking ... 163 3
- PAYE 1,160 16
- Entrepreneurs Relief 533 24
- Self Assessment - Declaring Pension Lump Sum on Tax Return 76 1
- Gifts from limited companies 138 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 349 8
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 330 2
- VAT 86 1
- RTI overpayments gap 227 3
- Can a once active Limited company become dormant? 197 5
- Sage payroll alternatives 549 11
- Call Centre Data Costs 276 1
- Authorised share capital 131 4
- international employer please help!! 185 4
- Capital gain? 294 6
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,121
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 785
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 471
- Digita Hosted Software 301
- Credit where credit's due....... 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 217
- Director phone costs 193
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 167
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 166
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 144