Vat on Client Gifts of Alcolhol
What is the rule for reclaiming input vat on giving handover gifts of bottles of champagne when selling cars to the public. They are less than £50, but don't include any advertising or corporate logos etc.
As usual the Inland Revenue website is pretty useless, and I am getting conflicting messages from various other websites.
I believe that vat on alcohol for business entertaining cannot be reclaimed, but are gifts different?
Some are saying that alcohol is specifically excluded and you can't reclaim Vat, and some say that there is no exclusion.
Please what is rule and can you point to the specific bit of legislation.
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 519 18
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 264 3
- Fees 463 6
- HMRC Post 579 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 430 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 178 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 441 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 288 3
- www.pool.adzio 158 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 188 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,879 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 285 3
- Transactions with directors 480 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 313 9
- Non VAT invoices 248 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,434 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 279 5
- Form 17 Download 196 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 598 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 409 4
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 766
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 419
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 370
- Electric Car 303
- S222 Charge 250
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 214
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 190
- AIA 188
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 182