Vat on Client Gifts of Alcolhol
What is the rule for reclaiming input vat on giving handover gifts of bottles of champagne when selling cars to the public. They are less than £50, but don't include any advertising or corporate logos etc.
As usual the Inland Revenue website is pretty useless, and I am getting conflicting messages from various other websites.
I believe that vat on alcohol for business entertaining cannot be reclaimed, but are gifts different?
Some are saying that alcohol is specifically excluded and you can't reclaim Vat, and some say that there is no exclusion.
Please what is rule and can you point to the specific bit of legislation.
- Wrong career 67 4
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 169 5
- Newsletter 231 5
- RTI Filing 1,750 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 70 1
- Fee's for P11D's 295 5
- Agent with HMRC 236 10
- Quarterly PAYE 213 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 42 1
- reporting salary? 167 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 316 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 271 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 95 3
- Value pricing 580 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 387 1
- Childcare Vouchers 172 3
- Audit Report Query 185 5
- Coming in from the cold 221 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,312 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 97 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 523
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 275
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 216
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 216
- Director Loan account operation 205
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 203
- Free Tax Legislation? 166
- vat return 166