Vat on Client Gifts of Alcolhol
What is the rule for reclaiming input vat on giving handover gifts of bottles of champagne when selling cars to the public. They are less than £50, but don't include any advertising or corporate logos etc.
As usual the Inland Revenue website is pretty useless, and I am getting conflicting messages from various other websites.
I believe that vat on alcohol for business entertaining cannot be reclaimed, but are gifts different?
Some are saying that alcohol is specifically excluded and you can't reclaim Vat, and some say that there is no exclusion.
Please what is rule and can you point to the specific bit of legislation.
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 245 4
- Value pricing 2,466 100
- LLP members share of profits 510 30
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 76 1
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 81 4
- husband and wife dividends 336 10
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,150 26
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,144 18
- VAT Option to tax 401 12
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 75 2
- Has anyone knowledge of Creditserve 58 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,930 15
- Entrepreneurs Relief 149 4
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 93 2
- Business travel apps 125 3
- How often can you change VAT scheme in a year? 83 2
- Secondment expenses 98 3
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 284 4
- BEST CPD COURSE 143 2
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 313 17
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 897
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 631
- Free Tax Legislation? 390
- Director Loan account operation 387
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 312
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 310
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 282
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 214
- Paye procedures for CVA 214
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 173