Vat on Client Gifts of Alcolhol
What is the rule for reclaiming input vat on giving handover gifts of bottles of champagne when selling cars to the public. They are less than £50, but don't include any advertising or corporate logos etc.
As usual the Inland Revenue website is pretty useless, and I am getting conflicting messages from various other websites.
I believe that vat on alcohol for business entertaining cannot be reclaimed, but are gifts different?
Some are saying that alcohol is specifically excluded and you can't reclaim Vat, and some say that there is no exclusion.
Please what is rule and can you point to the specific bit of legislation.
- Freehold Property Depreciation 92 2
- Professional Qualification 312 3
- Jointly owned property 91 2
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 381 6
- VAT margin scheme 169 12
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 711 34
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 187 1
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 286 5
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 351 6
- Risk Indicators Survey 134 1
- Deceased's Tax Return to date of death 89 1
- Unpaid Fee's 623 10
- cold file reviewer needed 335 3
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 933 17
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 320 1
- Late Filing SA due to property income, individual was also a non dom for 15 years 198 11
- Auto-enrolment drivel 801 13
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 244 3
- Company Dividends Received 176 2
- Is Corp tax payable on legacy received by bowls Club? 158 1
- Possible Partnership? 531
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 525
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 472
- New Fangled Penalties 329
- Clubs and Taxable Income 272
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 263
- Loans to other companies 207
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 189
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 164
- Outsource Data Entry 158