VAT deregistration - value of assets
The Revenue guidance explains that you need to put a value on stock and assets on hand when deregistering for VAT, and declare the VAT if >£1k. For a depreciating asset worth c £50k what steps would the taxman expect you to take in order to provide a reasonable value?
If you do it yourself and it really is just a best guess, is that sufficient and do the Revenue ever query the figures declared? If so, is it better to get a professional valuation in the first place?
Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 397 8
- Bankstream 1,078 25
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 275 3
- Benefit in Kind 176 7
- SDLT 287 8
- Windows 10 anyone? 193 4
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 121 1
- Dutch Accountant 417 1
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 104 1
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 335 9
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 194 4
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 806 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,612 34
- Restricted interest relief 126 2
- Disengagement Help! 575 15
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 892 16
- Renewals on property rental business 96 1
- Not a question - just a POI 222 3
- MVL 99 2
- Xerocon 2016 593 11