A sole trader (decorator) is setting up a limited company to keep building projects seperate.
The limited company will have minority shareholdings of 5% each by the individuals two children.
If combined turnover is greater than the VAT registration limit is there a risk of being attacked?
Are the trades sufficiently commercially different?
Does the minority shareholdings help in this regard? (This is done to hopefully provide for the future generation on a future sale etc)
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,886 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 224 4
- Turnover on a tax return 142 7
- incorrect old p60 383 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 223 3
- VAT refund 115 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 195 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 256 3
- Missing tax return 365 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,095 30
- Inflation and fees 1,389 24
- Sage Priority Support 179 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 833 24
- Micro-entity accounts 263 1
- Related party disclosure 222 3
- Company reconstruction 154 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 240 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 162 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 182 1
- Advice please! 428 2