VAT on house extensions
A friend in the building trade mentioned that he had read somewhere about a proposal in the pipeline to abolish VAT or zero rate work done on an extension to a house. The intention behind this idea appeared to be an incentive for people to build an extension to an existing house rather than building new on a greenfield site.
Has anyone heard about this? Is there any serious mentions of timescale for this?
I would appreciate any information as I have been unable to locate any via the usual channels.
- Secure document exchange 92 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 146 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 372 7
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 165 15
- break even point 127 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 104 3
- Fax to email providers 319 11
- Payroll software 204 11
- BrightPay 333 7
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 115 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 132 4
- How to issue shares to investors 57 1
- Expense management software 621 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,093 84
- Tax code 129 1
- Payroll Manager - seperate monthly & weekly 356 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 1,410 28
- Hello there 374 2
- Tax on sale of business when proceeds are deferred 126 2
- RTI late filing penalties for micro employer 144 1